Subsonic Running Club

Current News

Moderator: Moderators

Would you be interested in joining the Subsonicradio Running Club?

Yes
81%
No
3%
Maybe
16%

Total votes: 32

cy1229
Country Bear Jamboree Greeter

Re: Subsonic Running Club

Post by cy1229 » Apr Tue 30, 2013 1:26 pm

Holy baloney you guys are QUICK!

I think hubby and me are in. Let me talk to him and get back with you.

Personally I like the Make-a-Wish idea, or the other one... Give the World or whatever it's called... NaCler you know what I'm talking about. :) Would also be nice to donate to Red Cross for disaster relief. Just a thought.

Anyhoo, since I'm more on the "cheer / walk" end of the spectrum, I'll still say I'm in, because all of you people who are crazy runners will need moral support.

BTW is anyone running the Indianapolis 500 Festival Mini Marathon this weekend? My best friend and another former colleague are. I could try and cheer ya on. :)
Polynesian 1980
All-Star Movies 2001
Pop Century 2008
Saratoga Springs 2010
Bay Lake Tower 2012
Hyatt Place Anaheim Resort/Convention Center 2015
Marriott Anaheim Suites 2016

NaCler

Post by NaCler » May Fri 03, 2013 10:55 pm

Alright the new Facebook page has been created. It is still brand new and very basic, so don't judge me. :D Please search for Subsonic Radio Running Club and like the page. That way we can keep you all updated on what is going on. Please remember we also have a Twitter account and email.

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » May Sat 04, 2013 7:39 am

NaCler wrote:Alright the new Facebook page has been created. It is still brand new and very basic, so don't judge me. :D Please search for Subsonic Radio Running Club and like the page. That way we can keep you all updated on what is going on. Please remember we also have a Twitter account and email.
Looks good NaCler! And I was proud to be the second person to like the page ~ probably the only time I will come in second in something related to running :lol:

Sleepy90
Flight to the Moon Flight Director
Flight to the Moon Flight Director

Post by Sleepy90 » May Sat 04, 2013 2:15 pm

I am Sulley wrote:Can I be an overseas member?
Hopefully it might help me with my own return to fitness :)
They better not be leaving out the overseas members or THERE WILL BE TROUBLE. :lol: :lol:

NaCler

Post by NaCler » May Sat 04, 2013 10:07 pm

You know we were counting on our overseas friends to be a part of his group!

stinoi
Fantasyland Theater Projectionist
Fantasyland Theater Projectionist

Post by stinoi » May Sun 05, 2013 7:06 pm

Count me in! I was planning to run the Princess Half next year with some friends, and then maybe get to the Expedition Everest Challenge in 2015.

MmeLeota
Pack Mules Wrangler
Pack Mules Wrangler

Post by MmeLeota » May Mon 06, 2013 9:36 am

I think this is a fantastic idea!
I already liked the FB page...I'll follow on Twitter as soon as I log back on.

We may not be runners, but I am hoping to at least be able to walk the 5K in 2015...and definitely cheer on the runners! We got to do that this past weekend, actually. Our friend's brother ran his first ever marathon and this was the first time I truly stood on the sidelines and cheered. The feeling of encouraging complete strangers and receiving their appreciation (whether in a smile, a nod or even a few "thank you"s) was very emotional.
...yep, I'm a sap....

I like the idea of a Cancer related charity or Make a Wish because I have had family touched by both (sorry if that sounds selfish, I'm not trying to be)...but personally, it doesn't matter to me which charity we would raise $$$ for.

dsnymommy
Casey Junior Circus Train Conductor
Casey Junior Circus Train Conductor

Post by dsnymommy » May Mon 06, 2013 3:17 pm

I'm just starting back with running after a 6 year hiatus. I feel like I'm starting from scratch. Anyone have any advice for this relative newbie??? :)

I am Sulley
Autopian Mechanic
Autopian Mechanic

Post by I am Sulley » May Mon 06, 2013 3:54 pm

dsnymommy wrote:I'm just starting back with running after a 6 year hiatus. I feel like I'm starting from scratch. Anyone have any advice for this relative newbie??? :)
I am no expert but am in a similar boat after a four year absence and three knee operations.
I have chosen to start off with a bit of walking 2 to 3 miles 3 or 4 times a week. Been doing this for a month now and can feel some benefit so will be mixing it with some short runs in the coming weeks.
If your a previous runner you will soon get back into things and you have the experience to help you.
Good Luck
:)

subsonic
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by subsonic » May Mon 06, 2013 4:06 pm

It's so good to hear people "getting back into it" It's never too late. :) Now, I can't imagine not working out.
Join our chat in Discord: https://discord.gg/zw5by3z

Monakie78
Main Street Cinema Projectionist
Main Street Cinema Projectionist

Post by Monakie78 » May Tue 07, 2013 2:02 pm

I am Sulley wrote:
dsnymommy wrote:I'm just starting back with running after a 6 year hiatus. I feel like I'm starting from scratch. Anyone have any advice for this relative newbie??? :)
I am no expert but am in a similar boat after a four year absence and three knee operations.
I have chosen to start off with a bit of walking 2 to 3 miles 3 or 4 times a week. Been doing this for a month now and can feel some benefit so will be mixing it with some short runs in the coming weeks.
If your a previous runner you will soon get back into things and you have the experience to help you.
Good Luck
:)

I also took roughly a 6 year hiatus up until about 2 years ago. The key is to start off at a slower pace...walking is great like I am Sulley does. Don't set your expectations too high, otherwise you could end up with an injury. For myself, I started off with slower paced jogs 2-3 times a week. 30 mins at a time is suggested for beginners or rebooting yourself. I also did cross training with an indoor bike & P90X. Cross training is fantastic for allowing your running muscles time to recoup. It's important to keep going with exercise on your non-running days, so your body isn't in a constant state of struggle to work back up hill. Then before you know it, you'll be running faster longer distances. Lots of luck! :mickey:

BuDz211
Mad Tea Party Host
Mad Tea Party Host

Post by BuDz211 » May Tue 07, 2013 4:29 pm

I used to run about 15 years ago but got back into it last year and will run my first 10K this Memorial Day. I would love to buy a Subsonic tech shirt to rep the website in other non-Disney races.

Hopefully I will be able to run my first Disney race next year. Maybe two Disney races!
Image Image

jrcohen
Peter Pan's Flight Pixie Duster
Peter Pan's Flight Pixie Duster

Post by jrcohen » May Wed 08, 2013 11:40 am

BuDz211 wrote:I used to run about 15 years ago but got back into it last year and will run my first 10K this Memorial Day. I would love to buy a Subsonic tech shirt to rep the website in other non-Disney races.

Hopefully I will be able to run my first Disney race next year. Maybe two Disney races!
Yay! Another vote for a tech shirt! Let's make them happen! :goofy_bounce:
Please keep your arms and legs inside the vehicle until the ride comes to a full and complete stop. Thank you, and enjoy the rest of your day here at Walt Disney World.

Botts
Omnibus Driver
Omnibus Driver

Post by Botts » May Wed 08, 2013 3:14 pm

Will buy a shirt as soon as they are available!!

My first Disney race will be either the Disneyland Half, or Wine & Dine Half in 2014. Would love to do it this year, but saving up for a wedding. The Disney run will be the honeymoon!

This is a great opportunity to help bond the Subsonic community even further!

NaCler

Post by NaCler » May Wed 08, 2013 8:17 pm

The shirts are probably the next thing to work on. We'll get them going as soon as we can. Anyone out there artistic enough to create a logo for us to use?

Also, in case you haven't seen it, our Facebook page is up and running (no pun intended). Please like it and keep up with the latest news.