Subsonic Running Club

Current News

Moderator: Moderators

Would you be interested in joining the Subsonicradio Running Club?

Yes
81%
No
3%
Maybe
16%

Total votes: 32

Sleepy90
Flight to the Moon Flight Director
Flight to the Moon Flight Director

Re: Subsonic Running Club

Post by Sleepy90 » Jul Wed 24, 2013 3:02 pm

boilerbabe wrote:Absolutely jrcohen! I've had several gait analysis done. You may pay more initially from a specialty shoe store, but once you know what you wear you can find them at a better price online. I feel most people can't go wrong with a stability shoe.

Every distance runner has a shoe of choice...what's yours?! I swear by my Asics, Gel Kayano! :D
I run in Kayano 19 and really like them. Joe used to run in Kayano as well but bought a pair of Brooks beast recently and says I should maybe try the Brooks aerial hmmm.. we will see.

boilerbabe
Pack Mules Wrangler
Pack Mules Wrangler

Post by boilerbabe » Jul Wed 24, 2013 8:46 pm

Sleepy90 wrote:
boilerbabe wrote:Absolutely jrcohen! I've had several gait analysis done. You may pay more initially from a specialty shoe store, but once you know what you wear you can find them at a better price online. I feel most people can't go wrong with a stability shoe.

Every distance runner has a shoe of choice...what's yours?! I swear by my Asics, Gel Kayano! :D
I run in Kayano 19 and really like them. Joe used to run in Kayano as well but bought a pair of Brooks beast recently and says I should maybe try the Brooks aerial hmmm.. we will see.
My feeling is...if it ain't broke.... :D

NaCler, glad you have shoes that work for you!!! How's your training going?!

NaCler
Country Bear Jamboree Greeter

Post by NaCler » Jul Thu 25, 2013 11:28 pm

Training has been a little tough here B babe. On the days it's not raining (which isn't very often here) its about 95 degrees with 100% humidity. I'm struggling through it but I will be ready. I'm signed up for the 10k and 1/2 marathon (back to back) in January!

boilerbabe
Pack Mules Wrangler
Pack Mules Wrangler

Post by boilerbabe » Jul Fri 26, 2013 12:09 pm

I feel your pain NaCler! We have humidity too, but did get a break this week! Whew!

That is awesome you're doing the 10K too! What medal do you get for that one?! I believe that is new this year? Back in '12, we ran the 5K and 1/2.

Keep it up!!! :D Way to stick with it!

NaCler

Post by NaCler » Jul Sat 27, 2013 4:37 pm

Thanks BB. The new 10k is rumored to be a Minnie Mouse medal which I'm not excited about but since it is the inaugural I had to do it!

boilerbabe
Pack Mules Wrangler
Pack Mules Wrangler

Post by boilerbabe » Jul Sat 27, 2013 4:50 pm

Very cool! I will need pics upon your return! :mrgreen:

NaCler

Post by NaCler » Jul Sat 27, 2013 4:56 pm

Definitely. I may be lying dead on the road but those medals will be around my neck!

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Jul Sun 28, 2013 9:03 am

NaCler wrote:Definitely. I may be lying dead on the road but those medals will be around my neck!
:lol: I'm sure you will be fine. And your daughter will likely be more than happy to take that Minnie Mouse medal off your hands if you really don't like it ;)

boilerbabe
Pack Mules Wrangler
Pack Mules Wrangler

Post by boilerbabe » Jul Sun 28, 2013 12:49 pm

You'll make it NaCler! When you cross that finish line, the pain goes away...for a little while anyways! :wink:

It's always entertaining to watch everyone walking around the parks race weekend, you can tell those that have run the races! They walk a little funny! Back in '12 my cousin did the Goofy along with the 5K on Fri. We had to help him on/off the rides the rest of the trip! :lol:

NaCler

Post by NaCler » Jul Sun 28, 2013 6:41 pm

Yeah, we've been amazed to see the people who do the half or full walking around the parks the same day. We know we will probably spend the rest of the day in our room resting. Although we may venture out for an Ohana refuel. ;)

boilerbabe
Pack Mules Wrangler
Pack Mules Wrangler

Post by boilerbabe » Jul Sun 28, 2013 7:48 pm

Yea, you'll want to refuel! :wink: Also, helps to soak after a long distance run, head to the pool if you're able to!

NaCler

Post by NaCler » Jul Tue 30, 2013 7:31 am

Thanks, I'll just need to resist the urge to jump in the pool with my running clothes and shoes on before I get back to the room!

jrcohen
Peter Pan's Flight Pixie Duster
Peter Pan's Flight Pixie Duster

Post by jrcohen » Jul Wed 31, 2013 3:57 pm

If you can't do a soak, or don't want to I would suggest a very easy day but stay some what active. I think the only thing we did the day of the marathon this year was go back to the hotel to shower / eat a quick meal and then we met some friends in Downtown Disney for dinner. We walked around Downtown for a few hours nice and slow. That way I kept the muscles moving a bit which helps with everything not stiffening up and reduces the build up of lactic acid.
Please keep your arms and legs inside the vehicle until the ride comes to a full and complete stop. Thank you, and enjoy the rest of your day here at Walt Disney World.

boilerbabe
Pack Mules Wrangler
Pack Mules Wrangler

Post by boilerbabe » Jul Wed 31, 2013 7:33 pm

Chocolate mild is also an excellent recovery drink!!!

dsnymommy
Casey Junior Circus Train Conductor
Casey Junior Circus Train Conductor

Post by dsnymommy » Aug Thu 01, 2013 3:51 pm

Each of you is so inspirational! I'm training for my first official 5k this fall. I used to run before, but never did any events. 5k seems doable, 10k something I could train for, 1/2 marathon I'd love to do but questionable. Anything else seems like it would never happen. Can't wait to hear how everyone's events go!