Subsonic Radio's 9th Anniversary

Current News

Moderator: Moderators

cousininmiami
Davy Crockett's Explorer Canoes Guide

Re: Subsonic Radio's 9th Anniversary

Post by cousininmiami » Feb Fri 01, 2013 11:09 pm

Wow Congratulations! I joined 5 years ago when searching for nostalgic Disney music, but I never imagined I would make friends and even go to a meet at WDW! Now I call you all my Sub-family... thanks to everyone who makes this wonderful little place happen! Count me in on a 10th Anniversary at WDW!! I will be there!
°o° "...it's a great big beautiful tomorrow, shining at the end of every day" °o°

elizabethswann
Pirates of the Caribbean Buccaneer
Pirates of the Caribbean Buccaneer

Post by elizabethswann » Feb Fri 01, 2013 11:16 pm

I'm hoping to join in a WDW meet maybe within 2015. I know it's so far away but this is me working around my school schedule.

Len90
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Len90 » Feb Sat 02, 2013 12:51 am

Congratulations Adam on 9 years with this site. I know you are saying we should not thank you, but if it wasn't for this great place none of us probably would have ever been able to meet one another. For me, I am coming up on 5 years as a member on the site and it has been a blast. A trip to a Disney park (WDW or DLR) now incorporates some time to meet up with a couple of friends and catch up in person rather than through a computer. It is always great to see this place flourish and I think it will for many years to come. The simple reason is everyone that finds this site loves it and wants to help give back. Just think in the past couple of years we have gotten PC and Mac players, Subsonic applications on iPhone and android AND new stream options.

No matter how busy my life gets I always make sure that there is at least a few moments set aside for subsonicradio. To take something from Judie Dench's narration on SpaceShip Earth... "Well, I think the future we’ve created looks very promising, don’t you? So here’s to the next nine years on Subsonic Radio. While no one knows for sure what we’ll see or do, I do know it will be quite an adventure. An adventure we’ll take and make- together. See you in the future."
- Len90
"If you can dream it, you can do it. Always remember that this whole thing was started with a dream and a mouse."
"Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday, tomorrow, and fantasy"

cousininmiami

Post by cousininmiami » Feb Sat 02, 2013 12:14 pm

Len90 wrote:No matter how busy my life gets I always make sure that there is at least a few moments set aside for subsonicradio. To take something from Judie Dench's narration on SpaceShip Earth... "Well, I think the future we’ve created looks very promising, don’t you? So here’s to the next nine years on Subsonic Radio. While no one knows for sure what we’ll see or do, I do know it will be quite an adventure. An adventure we’ll take and make- together. See you in the future."
Well said Len!
°o° "...it's a great big beautiful tomorrow, shining at the end of every day" °o°

casrin
Columbia Sailing Ship Admiral
Columbia Sailing Ship Admiral

Post by casrin » Feb Sat 02, 2013 7:49 pm

Happy 9th birthday! This site and its music are the BEST! :donald:
-[b]casrin[/b]
[url=http://ubanimator.com][img]http://www-personal.umd.umich.edu/~cparkins/images/userbar/userbar487580pb0.gif[/img][/url]

cccmouse
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider

Post by cccmouse » Feb Mon 04, 2013 10:01 am

Thank you to everyone who has a part in maintaining this site. Each day of my work week usually begins with turning on the computer and going straight to SSR and it is usually on for the biggest part of the day. Physically I am at work, but in my mind I am often walking through Epcot, on a bench at the Magic Kingdom, in a rocking chair on the front porch of the Trail's End restaurant or hanging out in the Wilderness Lodge lobby and SSR helps take me there. Thank you all.

UncleScrooge477
Fantasyland Theater Projectionist
Fantasyland Theater Projectionist

Post by UncleScrooge477 » Feb Mon 04, 2013 10:44 am

Thanks SO much for the site. It had helped me through some really rough times! And I'm amazed how my "treasures" list just keeps growing and growing as I hear more and more things that I like. Congrats on 9 years, and 90 more to come!
UncleScrooge477

theBIGyowski
Tom Sawyer Island Rafts Skipper
Tom Sawyer Island Rafts Skipper

Post by theBIGyowski » Feb Mon 04, 2013 12:05 pm

Wow...9 years!

I love that many of us have the same "first date" story as to how we found this great site. If Google/Yahoo/whatever search you used was good for anything...it was bringing us all here. It used to be that sharing trip reports with friends/family was a boring no-no...but here the reports are met with smiles and cheers. We have past, present, and future CMs here with us that keep us in the loop.

It is funny how our search for Disney Parks music brought us together and the forums here have created great friendships. I am totally looking forward to a 10th Anniversary meet-up in WDW! We're hoping we can bring DS down in 2014...so it would be a great way for the Subbers to meet who they've been watching "Grow up with Mickey".

Thanks to Adam, rdeacon, and all of the other admins/mods who have given us a place to share our love for Disney and Disney Parks music!

One little spark, of inspiration...is at the heart, of all creation.
Right at the start, of everything that's new.
One little spark, lights up for you.

1986: Offsite
1997: Offsite
2001: Coronado Springs
2008: Shades of Green / Saratoga Springs (WDW Half Marathon)
2009: Port Orleans French Quarter (WDW Half Marathon)
2010: Port Orleans Riverside (Honeymoon)
2011: Old Key West / Bay Lake Tower
2014: Kidani Village
2015: Old Key West (5th Wedding Anniversary)
2016: Old Key West (Kids' first WDW vacation in December!)

packwingfn
Skyway Loader
Skyway Loader

Post by packwingfn » Feb Mon 04, 2013 1:12 pm

Happy Anniversary Subsonic Radio! Even though I barely post anymore. If it wasn't for this website then i probably wouldn't be following my dreams as a Disney cast member . I still listen almost every day thanks to the iPhone app :) and it was great to hang out with some of you who have seen me work or play in the parks here in Florida including Adam
Himself. Then it was even cooler to hang with Adam in Disneyland too.

Thanks for all the good memories!
I know this is probably your first flight...and it's mine too...ha, ha

Rain upon that planet Earth. And they rain ... and rain ... and rain. The deluge.

rautio6
King Arthur Carousel Horseman

Post by rautio6 » Feb Mon 04, 2013 5:48 pm

Our family loves Subsonic! Our teenagers have it on all the time. Can't imagine what we would do without our daily dose of Disney tunes!

Thank you for all your hard work!

:goofy_bounce: :P

DisneyYorkie
Great Moments with Mr. Lincoln Usher

Post by DisneyYorkie » Feb Tue 05, 2013 8:15 am

From the man himself:

"You can design and create, and build the most wonderful place in the world. But it takes people to make the dream a reality."

Without the awesome people that work so hard in keeping SSR up and going, the reality of SSR would just be a dream. Thanks to all of you! :-D
You've got serious thrill issues dude. - Crush. Finding Nemo

lonepalm

Post by lonepalm » Feb Tue 05, 2013 2:05 pm

Congrats to all involved with this site! I am proud to donate my bandwidth and any tracks I find that aren't already here. I love this site and literally listen every work day, all day long. I can't imagine getting through a work day without listening to SR! Congrats everyone!

Oh, and if/when a live show idea starts to get kicked around again, count me in, as long as it is after work hours!

Proud bandwidth donor to Subsonic Radio!

Check out disneyparksinfo.com and wdwthemeparks.com!

y2kxmaskids
Main Street Horse Car Coachman
Main Street Horse Car Coachman

Post by y2kxmaskids » Feb Thu 07, 2013 11:19 am

I am a relatively new listener. I echo other other comments - Subsonic lifts my spirits. Housework done while listening to Disney - that is the best (well, for hosuework anyway.) I wish I found this station back when I was in school. I usually have it on when my kids and husband come home for lunch. It brings back many "remember when's" of our trip to WDW. Thanks for keeping hte magic alive for my family.

Tanya

messengerangel1

Post by messengerangel1 » Feb Thu 07, 2013 11:52 am

Happy 9 years!! Although I rarely post, I am on frequently. Thank you for the many years of enjoyable music which has helped my family and myself through many a day/situation. I am very grateful for this station and your dedication to bringing us the music of the parks! Cannot wait to see what the future holds! Thank you!
:figment: