Subsonic Radio's 9th Anniversary

Current News

Moderator: Moderators

subsonic
Site Admin
Site Admin

Subsonic Radio's 9th Anniversary

Post by subsonic » Feb Fri 01, 2013 2:25 pm

Wow, 9 years. It's amazing and a little sad. Amazing that this site has thrived, grown, and lasted this long. Rdeacon has done so much for this site in the past years. If it weren't for him, and others, it wouldn't be where it is now. Not to mention the amazing admins, moderators, and relayers who mange forums, help with server maintenance, and use their own bandwidth and computers to host streams.

I say it's a little sad to realize how disconnected I've become with SR. Life happens. I work on code for the site occasionally but no where near the pace I wanted. I barely check the forums (I used to be on them 50% of the day). I'm only in the chat half the time. We haven't done a live show for ages. And, I'm constantly asking rdeacon how stuff is run. So, yeah, a little sad. Perhaps I need to look at it from a CEO perspective. I started the site, but now just tell people what to do. :) Alas, the site is always somewhere in my mind. I still think of ways to improve and expand it. It's not forgotten.

Of course, this site wouldn't be where it was if it weren't for the patrons. Especially those regulars that are constantly in the chat or on the forums. It always surprises me how, what started as ten 64k streams with no website, now has a community that plans meets on their own, has made life long friends, and come here for emotional support when they might be down.

So, to everybody. Don't thank me. Thank yourselves for keeping Subsonic Radio alive for 9 years.

(Oh, plan to have a big DL and WDW meet for the 10th!!!)
Join our chat in Discord: https://discord.gg/zw5by3z

rdeacon
Santa Fe & Disneyland Railroad Engineer
Santa Fe & Disneyland Railroad Engineer

Re: Subsonic Radio's 9th Anniversary

Post by rdeacon » Feb Fri 01, 2013 2:32 pm

With the lack of supervision I am sooo out of here when SR hits its teens :)
"It's kind of fun to do the impossible.."
Walt Disney

[img]http://www.rdeacon.com/img/banners/bar/SR_admin_adv.jpg[/img]
[img]http://rdeacon.com/img/banners/bar/SR_monkey_adv.jpg[/img]

cy1229
Country Bear Jamboree Greeter

Post by cy1229 » Feb Fri 01, 2013 2:39 pm

rdeacon wrote:With the lack of supervision I am sooo out of here when SR hits its teens :)
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I heart Subsonic. Helps me get through my work day.
Polynesian 1980
All-Star Movies 2001
Pop Century 2008
Saratoga Springs 2010
Bay Lake Tower 2012
Hyatt Place Anaheim Resort/Convention Center 2015
Marriott Anaheim Suites 2016

fancyfeet
Dumbo Flying Elephants Tamer
Dumbo Flying Elephants Tamer

Post by fancyfeet » Feb Fri 01, 2013 3:00 pm

I absolutely love that Subsonic exists! Thank you, thank you to all who had part in creating it!! ~Deb

snomasnayr
Motor Boat Cruise Skipper
Motor Boat Cruise Skipper

Post by snomasnayr » Feb Fri 01, 2013 3:10 pm

I'm glad this site is here, and I'm glad to now know it's 9 years old. Wow. I only found out about this site not even a year ago.

mindflipper
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by mindflipper » Feb Fri 01, 2013 3:18 pm

rdeacon wrote:With the lack of supervision I am sooo out of here when SR hits its teens :)
Hey, Len90, dust off that resume 'cause it looks like they'll be job opening in the future... :wink: :lol:

CONGRATS, SUBSONIC RADIO, FOR 9 YEARS!!! :mrgreen: :mickey:

:ccat: :goofy_bounce: :hm_ghost: :hatter_bounce:

BuDz211
Mad Tea Party Host
Mad Tea Party Host

Post by BuDz211 » Feb Fri 01, 2013 3:27 pm

SRFL

Subsonic Radio For Life.
Image Image

kristen
Autopian Mechanic
Autopian Mechanic

Post by kristen » Feb Fri 01, 2013 3:40 pm

I've been here since almost the beginning; wow! I joined in July 2005. I'm closer friends with my chat-mates than with most people in real life! And I met up with Billville and Subsonic himself in Disneyland in 2010. :)

wdwannabe
Peter Pan's Flight Pixie Duster
Peter Pan's Flight Pixie Duster

Post by wdwannabe » Feb Fri 01, 2013 4:52 pm

Happy Anniversary Everyone! Thanks to Adams vision, we have Subsonic! Whoot!
First Family Visit
POP Century - September 2006

Second Family Visit
2013 Fall/Winter-Christmas

1hornet8
Casting

Post by 1hornet8 » Feb Fri 01, 2013 5:36 pm

I love Subsonic!!! Thanks to everyone who has made it possible for Disney lovers to listen and lighten their days!!! Here's to a big blow out on the 10th Anniversary!!!!

elizabethswann
Pirates of the Caribbean Buccaneer
Pirates of the Caribbean Buccaneer

Post by elizabethswann » Feb Fri 01, 2013 7:55 pm

Happy Anniversary everyone! This place has been my home for almost six years, at least a good five/four and a half when I started to post in the forums. So glad to be apart of the Subsonic family!

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Feb Fri 01, 2013 7:57 pm

subsonic really has become a part of my life ~ I treasure chatting with everyone and have really enjoyed meeting up with some people at the parks. I do hope we can plan some sort of 10th meet-up ~ that would be fun! :D

MouseMan
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider

Post by MouseMan » Feb Fri 01, 2013 8:06 pm

Even if you don't think so, you deserve a big thanks from each of us Sub! Without your vision and heart for this site in the beginning all of our lives would less rich.

sockfire
Shooting Galleries Gun Cleaner
Shooting Galleries Gun Cleaner

Post by sockfire » Feb Fri 01, 2013 8:48 pm

With all the nostalgia for music and sounds from a place we all love, something tells me this site will be around for a long, long time 8-)

Happy 9th!

NaCler

Post by NaCler » Feb Fri 01, 2013 11:02 pm

It's been a few years now since I stumbled upon this site while looking for some Disney music to play during my work day. It seems like only yesterday when Sub, rdeacon and Corey were helping me in the chat when my streams weren't working. Together, we removed the wall and I had Disney music available all day at work. It got me through MANY stressful days. I have moved on to a different job (and back to Florida as well) and cannot listen at work anymore. But when I get up to make breakfast and get the kids ready for school, then get ready for work, Subsonic is playing on my iPad.

I have enjoyed meeting many of the forum users: Soarin08, Mousekedude, Mouseoholic, Len90, Mark(forgot his number! haha), WWDRH, Amy, f1gment, MadEye, cousininmiami, cccmouse, Mindflipper, yodiwan1, YZFdonor, acp, Boilderdude, Boilerbabe, MmeLeota, Chernabog40, packwingfn and the great Sub himself. I consider you guys my extended family as we have talked so much on these forums. You guys have provided an escape from my day to day issues called life. I can't thank the mods and admin enough for providing this excellent site. I keep hearing about Disney fan sites that are losing their Forums due to unruly members and I pray that I never see the day when this site shuts down it's Forum or stops providing Disney music in any way.

I echo Subs sentiments as I haven't been around much lately as well. But this place is always in my thoughts and I know I will always return home.

Thanks to all for this awesome site! Count me in for any WDW Meet-up next year! Happy 9th SSR!
Last edited by NaCler on Feb Mon 04, 2013 11:02 pm, edited 2 times in total.