Disney WDW AP Issues

Current News

Moderator: Moderators

cfd3rd
Fire Engine Driver
Fire Engine Driver

Re: Disney WDW AP Issues

Post by cfd3rd » Jan Thu 10, 2013 1:05 pm

I wrote a letter and got pretty much blown off. Their reply angered me and made me feel like they really don't care about repeat guests cause they don't have to care. Very annoying and disappointing!

It was my impression that the regular AP discount was remaining at 10%. Either way when I re-new I'll be just a regular AP holder. What they should/could have done to make it more fair is to phase it out so current discounts stay the same until renewal and at that time it be reduced. New issues of the pass be at the new discount rate.

As for the maintenance issues, we as return guests see it. The average guest doesn't. Just like the cleanliness of the parks. Unfortunately they know they don't need to try as hard because people are still coming and spending money. I will say being at both WDW and DLR this year, DLR is more like it used to and should be. The cast is friendly, the place is clean, you as a guest are treated like a guest not a number and you feel Walt is still there. Something that is definitely missing in WDW!

Wizzard419
Pirates of the Caribbean Buccaneer

Post by Wizzard419 » Jan Thu 10, 2013 9:54 pm

They probably would have done that but the system is just not that sophisticated to be able to discriminate discounts between individual pass numbers.

Len90
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Len90 » Jan Fri 11, 2013 12:59 am

cfd3rd wrote: As for the maintenance issues, we as return guests see it. The average guest doesn't. Just like the cleanliness of the parks. Unfortunately they know they don't need to try as hard because people are still coming and spending money. I will say being at both WDW and DLR this year, DLR is more like it used to and should be. The cast is friendly, the place is clean, you as a guest are treated like a guest not a number and you feel Walt is still there. Something that is definitely missing in WDW!
I was lucky to see both within 6 months and have to agree with you. In DLR the only issue I noted was standing water and poor drainage as ti was raining pretty much my entire time there. Maintenance and upkeep were better in DLR, however there were enough blown lights that I noticed around the bus area. I'm sure most guests never realized it as the lighting in the area at night was more than sufficient. The parks were overall cleaner and pm work was better. In WDW I have always seen blown lights inside the parks and numerous attractions will have peeling paint on rails or walls. My favorite is the wall stripes in Midway Mania. The peeling paint was so bad that I stopped to take pictures. I did point it out to CMs showing my picture to them. Needless to say it did get painted before the next time I rode which was a few days later. I fear that the only way to get regular maintenance work done in WDW is to bring it to managements attention and let them physically see that it is having an effect on people's vacation.

Not sure if we will get the same results with emailing, but I do think that if enough people visit guest services at the park and make their voice heard by park managers things can possibly be addressed.
- Len90
"If you can dream it, you can do it. Always remember that this whole thing was started with a dream and a mouse."
"Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday, tomorrow, and fantasy"

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Jan Fri 11, 2013 7:32 am

Len90 wrote:
cfd3rd wrote: As for the maintenance issues, we as return guests see it. The average guest doesn't. Just like the cleanliness of the parks. Unfortunately they know they don't need to try as hard because people are still coming and spending money. I will say being at both WDW and DLR this year, DLR is more like it used to and should be. The cast is friendly, the place is clean, you as a guest are treated like a guest not a number and you feel Walt is still there. Something that is definitely missing in WDW!
I was lucky to see both within 6 months and have to agree with you. In DLR the only issue I noted was standing water and poor drainage as ti was raining pretty much my entire time there. Maintenance and upkeep were better in DLR, however there were enough blown lights that I noticed around the bus area. I'm sure most guests never realized it as the lighting in the area at night was more than sufficient. The parks were overall cleaner and pm work was better. In WDW I have always seen blown lights inside the parks and numerous attractions will have peeling paint on rails or walls. My favorite is the wall stripes in Midway Mania. The peeling paint was so bad that I stopped to take pictures. I did point it out to CMs showing my picture to them. Needless to say it did get painted before the next time I rode which was a few days later. I fear that the only way to get regular maintenance work done in WDW is to bring it to managements attention and let them physically see that it is having an effect on people's vacation.

Not sure if we will get the same results with emailing, but I do think that if enough people visit guest services at the park and make their voice heard by park managers things can possibly be addressed.
That is encouraging that the Midway Mania peeling paint was addressed while you were still there. Hopefully that does show that they are willing to listen and take action!

SimonTemplar
Mike Fink Keel Boats Boatswain
Mike Fink Keel Boats Boatswain

Post by SimonTemplar » Jan Fri 11, 2013 4:50 pm

Amy wrote:
dichuy wrote:During my trips in September and December I noticed large, and I mean large, chunks of peeling paint from the TTA's support beams (there are a lot right before entering and right after exiting Space Mountain. Very sad they can't even scrape and paint.
I wonder if it is getting close to a refurb and they simply are letting it go. Very sad though, too many things are getting like that, and prices just keep going up!
It could be that it's getting close to a refurb, but I would still argue that it goes against the very thought process Walt used. He would never have stood for things like that, and unfortunately it's not limited to the TTA support beams. Sad indeed, and I hope I can see improvements when we go in March (one can hope, can't they?).
"Here in Florida, we have something special we never enjoyed at Disneyland...the blessing of size. There's enough land here to hold all the ideas and plans we can possibly imagine." ~ Walt Disney

rdeacon
Santa Fe & Disneyland Railroad Engineer

Post by rdeacon » Jan Sat 12, 2013 12:44 pm

TTA damage was in multiple places. Several cars I saw had seats there were ripped from wear, and yes the pillar with peeling paint is still there.
"It's kind of fun to do the impossible.."
Walt Disney

[img]http://www.rdeacon.com/img/banners/bar/SR_admin_adv.jpg[/img]
[img]http://rdeacon.com/img/banners/bar/SR_monkey_adv.jpg[/img]

mindflipper
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by mindflipper » Jan Sat 12, 2013 1:06 pm

SimonTemplar wrote:It could be that it's getting close to a refurb...
There are many areas of WDW that could be described as "close to a refurb" but it doesn't mean that refurb is about to happen...

Len90
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Len90 » Jan Sat 12, 2013 1:11 pm

Hate to be posting like this, but I don't think it is TTA being up for a refurb. My honest feeling is that Disney is just being a bit cheap and not doing some PM work in painting. After all, we all know what happens when painting is not done...

rdeacon, ripped seats on Disney attractions are just another issue.
- Len90
"If you can dream it, you can do it. Always remember that this whole thing was started with a dream and a mouse."
"Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday, tomorrow, and fantasy"

Myers23
Casting

Post by Myers23 » Jan Mon 14, 2013 12:35 am

I don't get why you are so surprised Wizzard419. You have an annual pass and bought items at Christmas time. So what? Are you saying that you are an AP holder and you don't buy a lot of stuff? So what? Other people do, and they prob don't live in Florida or anywhere close to FL like maybe you do.

rdeacon

Post by rdeacon » Jan Mon 14, 2013 10:06 am

Lets keep this civil. No reason so start bickering about who gets what, and why. If you dislike Disney's policy write and email, if not..move along.
"It's kind of fun to do the impossible.."
Walt Disney

[img]http://www.rdeacon.com/img/banners/bar/SR_admin_adv.jpg[/img]
[img]http://rdeacon.com/img/banners/bar/SR_monkey_adv.jpg[/img]

Wizzard419

Post by Wizzard419 » Jan Mon 14, 2013 9:39 pm

Isn't that the entire reason this thread was created? If you only want everyone to agree with your post then you might as well not start the thread.

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Jan Mon 14, 2013 10:05 pm

Wizzard419 wrote:Isn't that the entire reason this thread was created? If you only want everyone to agree with your post then you might as well not start the thread.
I don't think that was the point Wizz. That person was being rude and using crude language...and not in the joking manner we like to kid each other with. rdeacon was politely taking out the trash ;)

Wizzard419

Post by Wizzard419 » Jan Mon 14, 2013 10:38 pm

Ah, I thought he was more trying to squash any form of dissenting views, sorry, carry on with that thing.

Soarin08
Skyway Loader
Skyway Loader

Post by Soarin08 » Jan Mon 14, 2013 10:54 pm

Can I just say I do not appreciate the tone of the original post at all, especially considering I WORK in the place you want to "complain"? Perhaps using the words "express your concerns" is a far better alternative.

Guest relations is not a complain department for people to dump on us for every single whim. I am not there to be ranted at for no good reason. A rant gets you nowhere. Especially if you come to me. A good attitude gets you more than you came for.

Wizzard419

Post by Wizzard419 » Jan Mon 14, 2013 11:44 pm

Yes, it does get into a tricky part, while guest relations is just a marketing term applied to customer service, it does not give the patron the right to treat you as a yelling hole. I swear it gets worse when you are at someone's liesure activity, it's like they compound their rage.