Disney WDW AP Issues

Current News

Moderator: Moderators

Len90
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Re: Disney WDW AP Issues

Post by Len90 » Jan Tue 15, 2013 1:11 am

Soarin08 wrote:Can I just say I do not appreciate the tone of the original post at all, especially considering I WORK in the place you want to "complain"? Perhaps using the words "express your concerns" is a far better alternative.

Guest relations is not a complain department for people to dump on us for every single whim. I am not there to be ranted at for no good reason. A rant gets you nowhere. Especially if you come to me. A good attitude gets you more than you came for.
It's a call to action and no matter what it gets filed as a complaint. Expressing concerns is still a nice way of saying that you are complaining. Unfortunately, Disney is not perfect like we all want it to be. If they do something that needs to be addressed then we as the consumers should do that. After all, Disney is only successful because we (people who go to the parks) continue to spend money on tickets, food, and merchandise.

Being in guest services I'm sure you have dealt with chronic complainers and people who just are looking for something for no reason at all. All rdeacon is looking for is to get his benefits that Disney used to offer back. I am just looking for Disney to put some paint on things and replace the carpeting in CoP. Unfortunately the only way things seem to get done is when guests start speaking up and "expressing their concerns" as in complain at guest relations, via email etc.
- Len90
"If you can dream it, you can do it. Always remember that this whole thing was started with a dream and a mouse."
"Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday, tomorrow, and fantasy"

Soarin08
Skyway Loader
Skyway Loader

Post by Soarin08 » Jan Tue 15, 2013 8:24 am

Wizzard419 wrote:Yes, it does get into a tricky part, while guest relations is just a marketing term applied to customer service, it does not give the patron the right to treat you as a yelling hole. I swear it gets worse when you are at someone's liesure activity, it's like they compound their rage.
Quite possibly the best reply you've ever given me, Whizz.

I guess I just get fed up with people thinking EVERYTHING can be solved automatically. Disney does things for a reason, even if we don't always agree. I probably would get called out for generally always agreeing, but working for them in such a high area of service makes my perspective much different from a guest.

dstrawn9889
Snow White's Adventures Gem Miner
Snow White's Adventures Gem Miner

Post by dstrawn9889 » Jan Tue 15, 2013 1:24 pm

Soarin08 wrote:
Wizzard419 wrote:Yes, it does get into a tricky part, while guest relations is just a marketing term applied to customer service, it does not give the patron the right to treat you as a yelling hole. I swear it gets worse when you are at someone's liesure activity, it's like they compound their rage.
Quite possibly the best reply you've ever given me, Whizz.

I guess I just get fed up with people thinking EVERYTHING can be solved automatically. Disney does things for a reason, even if we don't always agree. I probably would get called out for generally always agreeing, but working for them in such a high area of service makes my perspective much different from a guest.
could you throw in a card for me as to the general (lack of) upkeep of CoP, Soarin?

Wizzard419
Pirates of the Caribbean Buccaneer

Post by Wizzard419 » Jan Tue 15, 2013 9:37 pm

As soon as you can make those changes have a positive ROI it will be done. :D

ghostelias
Motor Boat Cruise Skipper
Motor Boat Cruise Skipper

Post by ghostelias » Jan Mon 28, 2013 7:12 am

I completely agree with Soarin08. A rant will get you nowhere. I work in customer service and I am more inclined to help people that are polite then rude or just ranting about things. I feel this issue just adds to WDW AP holders. I have been a WDW AP holder and these issues don't really bother me so much. I have friends that live in the Tampa area and they are really annoyed because it seems like Disneyland AP holders seem to keep all their benefits and WDW holders get penilised whether it be in privileges being taken away or events not being held at WDW.

I'm objective on this matter that Disney needs to make the money back that they have spent on 2 new cruise ships, new fantasyland and cars land as well as other projects. At the end of the day it's on 10%.

rdeacon
Santa Fe & Disneyland Railroad Engineer

Post by rdeacon » Jan Mon 28, 2013 8:30 am

Soarin08: This thread is no way intended to make your job worse :) When I want to "raise a concern" or complain at guest relations it was done in a respectful manner. I had a wonderful experience with the cast member in city hall. I have nothing but the highest level of respect for the cast members, and treat them with that respect. In all the times I have been to Disney I have had one bad experience with a cast member and I did tell management about them. I didn't go into guest relations screaming and yelling that the CM ruined my trip, or since I don't have my 20% they need to compensate me, and that I am traumatized from the experience. I went in a told them that I come here a lot.., I love WDW, its my escape, and I never complain, but things are not the way they should be, and someone needs to address the issue. The issues I raised about maintenance and the 20% discount are not the CMs fault, I think we understand that. After talking to the CM, I wrote and email. I won't complain to city hall anymore about the 20% discount, but I will send emails to management if I see a bad show that is continually ignored.

Wizzard419:I have no issues with difference of opinions and a healthy debate. But when its gets down to childish level with bad language and bad behavior its unacceptable. This is an open forum with adults who should be able to discuss topics in a civil manner.
"It's kind of fun to do the impossible.."
Walt Disney

[img]http://www.rdeacon.com/img/banners/bar/SR_admin_adv.jpg[/img]
[img]http://rdeacon.com/img/banners/bar/SR_monkey_adv.jpg[/img]

Wizzard419

Post by Wizzard419 » Jan Tue 29, 2013 11:51 am

That is a good question, is there a way to contact customer service that will actually be effective/get action? Even if the workers sent it to management, it may still just end up in the trash.

rdeacon

Post by rdeacon » Jan Thu 31, 2013 9:04 am

Quick update on this. I sent an email to the wdw.guest.communications@disneyworld.com email address a few days back letting them know about the poor condition the Peoplemover was in. I also let them know about how much I like the new Fantasyland. I sent it off not expecting anything.

Well... yesterday I got a call from Disney. They thanked me for my letter, and they they are going to look into the issue with the peoplemover. I also asked about the AP discount change. She said they had been getting a lot of feed back about it and she felt it was going to be adjusted soon.

So seems Disney does care. So if you go there and see something wrong that has been in a state of decay, let them know about it.

Rich
"It's kind of fun to do the impossible.."
Walt Disney

[img]http://www.rdeacon.com/img/banners/bar/SR_admin_adv.jpg[/img]
[img]http://rdeacon.com/img/banners/bar/SR_monkey_adv.jpg[/img]

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Jan Thu 31, 2013 10:30 am

rdeacon wrote:Quick update on this. I sent an email to the wdw.guest.communications@disneyworld.com email address a few days back letting them know about the poor condition the Peoplemover was in. I also let them know about how much I like the new Fantasyland. I sent it off not expecting anything.

Well... yesterday I got a call from Disney. They thanked me for my letter, and they they are going to look into the issue with the peoplemover. I also asked about the AP discount change. She said they had been getting a lot of feed back about it and she felt it was going to be adjusted soon.

So seems Disney does care. So if you go there and see something wrong that has been in a state of decay, let them know about it.

Rich
Wow ~ that is nice that you received a personal phone call! It does seem to show they do care and are willing to look into concerns that are brought up by guests :D

wdwobsessed
Fire Engine Driver
Fire Engine Driver

Post by wdwobsessed » Feb Sat 02, 2013 9:49 pm

Just got back from WDW. I had already bought an annual pass at the end of last year & got an exchange certificate. When I went to get my pass at customer relations, I asked about the discount. The regular annual pass holders still get a 10% discount. I used it several times while I was there. The premium annual pass holders have been dropped from a 20% to 10%. Now everyone gets 10%. This stinks for premium pass holders, but at least they have not left us all out in the cold.

I told the cast member I had heard that annual pass holders were not getting any discount on some Internet sites. She asked me to please pass along the correct info.

Hope this makes some of you a little happier!

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Feb Sun 03, 2013 8:50 am

wdwobsessed wrote:Just got back from WDW. I had already bought an annual pass at the end of last year & got an exchange certificate. When I went to get my pass at customer relations, I asked about the discount. The regular annual pass holders still get a 10% discount. I used it several times while I was there. The premium annual pass holders have been dropped from a 20% to 10%. Now everyone gets 10%. This stinks for premium pass holders, but at least they have not left us all out in the cold.

I told the cast member I had heard that annual pass holders were not getting any discount on some Internet sites. She asked me to please pass along the correct info.

Hope this makes some of you a little happier!
That is good to know!

disneyda
Horseless Carriage Chauffeur
Horseless Carriage Chauffeur

Post by disneyda » Apr Sat 06, 2013 11:51 am

I have had a regular AP for most of the last 16 years, I seldom use the merchandise discounts, don't purchase that many items and when I do, more often than not I forget about the discount. I do, however, make a lot of use of the AP resort rooms discounts. No way I could swing staying on property as often as I do otherwise.