Disney WDW AP Issues

Current News

Moderator: Moderators

JenMuse
Mad Tea Party Host
Mad Tea Party Host
Location: Los Osos, California (a.k.a. 2,714 miles from the Polynesian)

Re: Disney WDW AP Issues

Post by JenMuse » Jan Sat 05, 2013 9:38 pm

Wizzard419 wrote:But the key is that I have no want for the products they sell, generally. The merch is for tourists mostly.
My weakness is the yak and yeti textile shop. They have the most gorgeous reasonably priced cashmere.

And most of my friends have small children so I end up buying stuff for the little ones.
  • 1980-93: Fort Wilderness
    1996: All-Stars Movie
    1999: rented a private home
    2008: Hilton Grand Vacation Club at International Drive (HGVC)
    2009: All-Stars Music & Pop Century
    2010: HGVC at I-Drive
    2011: Anaheim Hilton (DisneyLand)
    2012: HGVC at I-Drive & Caribbean Beach Resort
    2013: HGVC-Parc Soleil & Port Orleans Riverside AND Anaheim Hilton
    2015: Old Key West & Saratoga Springs

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Jan Sat 05, 2013 11:24 pm

JenMuse wrote:
Wizzard419 wrote:But the key is that I have no want for the products they sell, generally. The merch is for tourists mostly.
My weakness is the yak and yeti textile shop. They have the most gorgeous reasonably priced cashmere.

And most of my friends have small children so I end up buying stuff for the little ones.
I do buy lots of gifts for family and friends. And I get sucked in because I know it might be awhile before we return so I want to get some things while I am there. I was much better last time though since everything seemed to be more expensive and a little lesser quality :(

NaCler
Country Bear Jamboree Greeter

Post by NaCler » Jan Sun 06, 2013 1:12 am

I must admit I forget to use my AP discount most of the time or I find something in a store that doesn't honor the discount.

mindflipper
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by mindflipper » Jan Sun 06, 2013 10:20 am

NaCler wrote:I must admit I forget to use my AP discount most of the time or I find something in a store that doesn't honor the discount.
Do they even allow on that VM and Duffy merchandise you buy?

Wizzard419
Pirates of the Caribbean Buccaneer

Post by Wizzard419 » Jan Sun 06, 2013 1:17 pm

They limit what places take APs at WDW? I think for DLR the only in-park places that don't take them are the ones that are not owned by Disney. From what I understand, even the food carts can give discounts.

NaCler

Post by NaCler » Jan Sun 06, 2013 5:20 pm

Wiz - I am incorrect. Only places that are not owned by Disney, i.e. Countries in World Showcase or DTD stores like Basin do not give you the discount.

Mf - Watch it. ;)

Wizzard419

Post by Wizzard419 » Jan Sun 06, 2013 6:53 pm

I often wonder if the AP merch (do they do that at WDW?) and the stuff sold in the gallery is automatically higher to account for the AP discount since that sort of merch most likely would appeal to the die hards who also are AP holders.

rich
Fantasyland Theater Projectionist

Post by rich » Jan Sun 06, 2013 8:50 pm

It not just AP holders getting screwed. WDW has cut out letting cast members use their gate passes to get into MK at all during the month of December. Also for the past 15 years my mother in law who is retired from WDW with a silver pass would get a 50% Christmas coupon for 4 at any sit down park restaurant and be able to use her 20% for the rest of the party.
Not this year, no way. They stopped allowing cast members to use their 20% discount for anyone in the party when using their Christmas coupon. Got more than 4 in your party? Tough, full price for them thanks for your 20 years of service now hit the road.
I remember when MK use to close early to guest so that cast member only nights were given for thanks. Now that they wont even let them in the park during the holidays.
[img]http://rdeacon.com/img/banners/bar/forum_moderator.gif[/img]

Wizzard419

Post by Wizzard419 » Jan Sun 06, 2013 9:03 pm

I'm surprised they let ever them in during the busiest time of the year, at DLR the gates are shut to everyone but AP holders and those staying on site once the parks near capacity.

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Jan Sun 06, 2013 9:15 pm

rich wrote:It not just AP holders getting screwed. WDW has cut out letting cast members use their gate passes to get into MK at all during the month of December. Also for the past 15 years my mother in law who is retired from WDW with a silver pass would get a 50% Christmas coupon for 4 at any sit down park restaurant and be able to use her 20% for the rest of the party.
Not this year, no way. They stopped allowing cast members to use their 20% discount for anyone in the party when using their Christmas coupon. Got more than 4 in your party? Tough, full price for them thanks for your 20 years of service now hit the road.
I remember when MK use to close early to guest so that cast member only nights were given for thanks. Now that they wont even let them in the park during the holidays.
So the CMs can't get in themselves, or they can come in for free, but not bring anyone with them?

rdeacon
Santa Fe & Disneyland Railroad Engineer
Santa Fe & Disneyland Railroad Engineer

Post by rdeacon » Jan Mon 07, 2013 9:16 am

Just a quick update. I went to the MK on Saturday. Talked to guest relations in City Hall. Cast member was very cool. Told me it need to come from the top down. He gave me a card that has the wdw.guest.communications@disneyworld.com email address on it. So we just need to send emails and let the suits know its not acceptable.

Also I rode TTA.. its in a sad state so that will be added to the email I send them.

Rich
"It's kind of fun to do the impossible.."
Walt Disney

[img]http://www.rdeacon.com/img/banners/bar/SR_admin_adv.jpg[/img]
[img]http://rdeacon.com/img/banners/bar/SR_monkey_adv.jpg[/img]

cousininmiami
Davy Crockett's Explorer Canoes Guide
Davy Crockett's Explorer Canoes Guide

Post by cousininmiami » Jan Mon 07, 2013 9:31 am

Sounds like the fiscal cliff hit Disney too... isn't this called entitlement reform? :shock:
°o° "...it's a great big beautiful tomorrow, shining at the end of every day" °o°

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Jan Mon 07, 2013 10:54 am

rdeacon wrote:Just a quick update. I went to the MK on Saturday. Talked to guest relations in City Hall. Cast member was very cool. Told me it need to come from the top down. He gave me a card that has the wdw.guest.communications@disneyworld.com email address on it. So we just need to send emails and let the suits know its not acceptable.

Also I rode TTA.. its in a sad state so that will be added to the email I send them.

Rich
What has happened to the TTA? :(

dichuy

Post by dichuy » Jan Mon 07, 2013 11:31 am

During my trips in September and December I noticed large, and I mean large, chunks of peeling paint from the TTA's support beams (there are a lot right before entering and right after exiting Space Mountain. Very sad they can't even scrape and paint.
Step out to your left please. When the car stops, step out to your left.

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Jan Mon 07, 2013 12:55 pm

dichuy wrote:During my trips in September and December I noticed large, and I mean large, chunks of peeling paint from the TTA's support beams (there are a lot right before entering and right after exiting Space Mountain. Very sad they can't even scrape and paint.
I wonder if it is getting close to a refurb and they simply are letting it go. Very sad though, too many things are getting like that, and prices just keep going up!