Android, Mac and Windows Subsonic Radio Player updates

Current News

Moderator: Moderators

acp
Davy Crockett's Explorer Canoes Guide
Location: Formerly Disney-MGM Studios, now Cheshire, England.

Re: Android, Mac and Windows Subsonic Radio Player updates

Post by acp » Dec Sun 09, 2012 8:18 am

Arvorenn wrote:
acp wrote:
Can you let me know what version of Android you're running? That way I can see if I've messed up somewhere while putting it together :)
Sure thing:
Android version 2.2.2, Build number 2.29.405.14
Ancient history, but there's nothing new for the Desire. (which makes me think that it isn't worthwhile for you to fix that...)

The color of the status bar is pretty much the color the documentation lists (yes, I read it!) as fill gradient for Android 2.2 and earlier...
Well that's weird.

The emulator in the SDK when running Android 2.2 has a silver status bar: https://dl.dropbox.com/u/19263966/android-2.2-ssr.png

<fx: time passes...>

Re-reading the documentation, it seems I should probably have created a background box with the icon in, rather than just using the icon on its own.

<fx: more time passes...>

OK, I think I've got a fixed icon there now. It works in the emulator, at least. It's not overly pretty in earlier versions of Android, but it should work. It now looks like this in the emulator: https://dl.dropbox.com/u/19263966/android-2.2-ssr2.png and so should show up on devices with random coloured status bars :)

I've just pushed version 1.4 out to Google Play. It should start showing up on your device as an update in a few hours time (Google Play says it takes "several hours" to appear in the store worldwide, and it usually does in my experience). Give it a go when it appears for you, and let me know it if fixes it :)

Cheers,

Andy.
Subsonic Radio Admin and former Walt Disney World Cast Member

Subsonic Radio Player for Windows (Latest version: 1.8.5 - More info)

Disneyland Paris: 2001, 2004, 2007, 2010, 2012, 2014, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019
Walt Disney World: 2006, 2010, 2011, 2015, 2019
Tokyo Disney Resort: 2013, 2014, 2016, 2017, 2018
Hong Kong Disneyland: 2016, 2017
Shanghai Disneyland: 2018

Arvorenn
Autopian Mechanic
Autopian Mechanic

Post by Arvorenn » Dec Sun 09, 2012 10:49 am

acp wrote: I've just pushed version 1.4 out to Google Play. It should start showing up on your device as an update in a few hours time (Google Play says it takes "several hours" to appear in the store worldwide, and it usually does in my experience). Give it a go when it appears for you, and let me know it if fixes it :)
Just got the update, thanks a lot again, Andy! :)
(Several hours seem to translate to a little over 2 hours then, at least in this case)
It's fixed. As you said, it's not overly pretty, a little bit blurry as opposed to the sharp standard icons, but it's visible and recognizable without any problems.

Great! :goofy_bounce:

cy1229
Country Bear Jamboree Greeter

Post by cy1229 » Jan Sun 06, 2013 12:34 pm

WARNING: I am a non-computer nerd. I know how to use them, but I don't know how they run.

Do any of the Subsonic Radio Player apps work on a Kindle Fire? When I tried to download Flash to it (didn't work) the Adobe website told me it was running Linux. I don't even know what that means, except it's not windows.

Help?

Thanks.
Polynesian 1980
All-Star Movies 2001
Pop Century 2008
Saratoga Springs 2010
Bay Lake Tower 2012
Hyatt Place Anaheim Resort/Convention Center 2015
Marriott Anaheim Suites 2016

acp
Location: Formerly Disney-MGM Studios, now Cheshire, England.

Post by acp » Jan Sun 06, 2013 2:58 pm

cy1229 wrote:WARNING: I am a non-computer nerd. I know how to use them, but I don't know how they run.

Do any of the Subsonic Radio Player apps work on a Kindle Fire? When I tried to download Flash to it (didn't work) the Adobe website told me it was running Linux. I don't even know what that means, except it's not windows.

Help?

Thanks.
Hi there,

Right now, the Kindle Fire isn't supported by the Android app. Although the Kindle Fire is based on Android, it uses a different App Store to the main Android one (Google Play). I don't own a Kindle Fire, so have no way to test the app on there, and so don't have plans to upload it to the Kindle Fire's app store.

As for the Flash things, I don't think Flash is supported on the Kindle Fire (I could be wrong, but I don't know. I don't have a Kindle Fire to play with). You don't need Flash to listen to the streams (the website uses Flash for the top banner*, but the player apps don't). Unfortunately, I don't have any hints for listening on a Kindle Fire, since I don't have one to experiment with. Maybe someone else has managed it and can share some tips?

Cheers,

Andy.

* Yes, Flash is icky. We know.
Subsonic Radio Admin and former Walt Disney World Cast Member

Subsonic Radio Player for Windows (Latest version: 1.8.5 - More info)

Disneyland Paris: 2001, 2004, 2007, 2010, 2012, 2014, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019
Walt Disney World: 2006, 2010, 2011, 2015, 2019
Tokyo Disney Resort: 2013, 2014, 2016, 2017, 2018
Hong Kong Disneyland: 2016, 2017
Shanghai Disneyland: 2018

NaCler

Post by NaCler » Jan Sun 06, 2013 5:28 pm

cy - See if "Tune In Radio" App is available on your Kindle.

JenMuse
Mad Tea Party Host
Mad Tea Party Host
Location: Los Osos, California (a.k.a. 2,714 miles from the Polynesian)

Post by JenMuse » Jan Mon 07, 2013 12:44 pm

acp wrote: Right now, the Kindle Fire isn't supported by the Android app. Although the Kindle Fire is based on Android, it uses a different App Store to the main Android one (Google Play). I don't own a Kindle Fire, so have no way to test the app on there, and so don't have plans to upload it to the Kindle Fire's app store.

Cheers,
Andy.
If you can provide a direct link to the app rather than through the google store, I can write up instructions to get it onto the Kindle Fire. I was the tester for my company's ebook program, and I manged to force my kindle fire to let me read non-amazon books. It ain't pretty, but it's do-able.

-JenMuse
  • 1980-93: Fort Wilderness
    1996: All-Stars Movie
    1999: rented a private home
    2008: Hilton Grand Vacation Club at International Drive (HGVC)
    2009: All-Stars Music & Pop Century
    2010: HGVC at I-Drive
    2011: Anaheim Hilton (DisneyLand)
    2012: HGVC at I-Drive & Caribbean Beach Resort
    2013: HGVC-Parc Soleil & Port Orleans Riverside AND Anaheim Hilton
    2015: Old Key West & Saratoga Springs

cy1229

Post by cy1229 » Jan Mon 07, 2013 1:51 pm

NaCler wrote:cy - See if "Tune In Radio" App is available on your Kindle.
It is! Just downloaded it.

Now what? :-)

THANKS NaClER!!
Polynesian 1980
All-Star Movies 2001
Pop Century 2008
Saratoga Springs 2010
Bay Lake Tower 2012
Hyatt Place Anaheim Resort/Convention Center 2015
Marriott Anaheim Suites 2016

theBIGyowski
Tom Sawyer Island Rafts Skipper
Tom Sawyer Island Rafts Skipper

Post by theBIGyowski » Feb Mon 04, 2013 4:57 pm

JenMuse wrote:
acp wrote: Right now, the Kindle Fire isn't supported by the Android app. Although the Kindle Fire is based on Android, it uses a different App Store to the main Android one (Google Play). I don't own a Kindle Fire, so have no way to test the app on there, and so don't have plans to upload it to the Kindle Fire's app store.

Cheers,
Andy.
If you can provide a direct link to the app rather than through the google store, I can write up instructions to get it onto the Kindle Fire. I was the tester for my company's ebook program, and I manged to force my kindle fire to let me read non-amazon books. It ain't pretty, but it's do-able.

-JenMuse
I have been successful at "forcing" apps onto my Kindle Fire as well. It is not difficult at all and really just requires a setting change on the device that allows you to install non-Amazon apps...placing the APK file on the device...and then installing it. If anyone wants a tester...I'd be glad to help as well. ;)

1986: Offsite
1997: Offsite
2001: Coronado Springs
2008: Shades of Green / Saratoga Springs (WDW Half Marathon)
2009: Port Orleans French Quarter (WDW Half Marathon)
2010: Port Orleans Riverside (Honeymoon)
2011: Old Key West / Bay Lake Tower
2014: Kidani Village
2015: Old Key West (5th Wedding Anniversary)
2016: Old Key West (Kids' first WDW vacation in December!)

dstrawn9889
Snow White's Adventures Gem Miner
Snow White's Adventures Gem Miner

Post by dstrawn9889 » Feb Tue 05, 2013 11:32 pm

theBIGyowski wrote:
JenMuse wrote:

Cheers,
Andy.

-JenMuse
I have been successful at "forcing" apps onto my Kindle Fire as well. It is not difficult at all and really just requires a setting change on the device that allows you to install non-Amazon apps...placing the APK file on the device...and then installing it. If anyone wants a tester...I'd be glad to help as well. ;)
me as well, i just need the apk, i have the option turned on that allows me to use non-store apps on my fire hd

FutureImagineer
Horseless Carriage Chauffeur
Horseless Carriage Chauffeur

Post by FutureImagineer » May Tue 14, 2013 7:06 pm

do you when the current song playing feature will be on Android? I see it on the I-phone, but not on my galaxy...

cousininmiami

Post by cousininmiami » May Fri 17, 2013 8:38 am

I can't get Yesterland to play on my iPhone, but Requests work just fine. Do I need to do something else to get it to work? I listen on the computer at work, but in the car I use my iPhone. I guess I need instructions... :D
°o° "...it's a great big beautiful tomorrow, shining at the end of every day" °o°

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » May Fri 17, 2013 5:28 pm

cousininmiami wrote:I can't get Yesterland to play on my iPhone, but Requests work just fine. Do I need to do something else to get it to work? I listen on the computer at work, but in the car I use my iPhone. I guess I need instructions... :D
Yesterland didn't work for me on my iphone either this morning :( It actually showed the song title like it was playing, but nothing was...