Subsonic Radio - Now on your Android device

Current News

Moderator: Moderators

lonepalm
Great Moments with Mr. Lincoln Usher

Re: Subsonic Radio - Now on your Android device

Post by lonepalm » Nov Wed 21, 2012 7:00 pm

Just to update..installed on my S3 running ICS and on my new Nexus 10 and seems to work fine with a minute or two of testing. Only thing I noticed is that when you are connected to a stream but then change the selection in the drop down box I expected it to change to that stream without hitting play. I could see how someone could do that and not hit play and forget they did that and look to see what stream they are on and it would say they are on a stream such as scheduled when in fact they are listening to request. No big deal though. I am a software tester, so if you need any testing effort please let me know.

Proud bandwidth donor to Subsonic Radio!

Check out disneyparksinfo.com and wdwthemeparks.com!

mindflipper
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by mindflipper » Nov Wed 21, 2012 7:47 pm

Len90 wrote:Inserts foot into mouth...
There's an app for that too? Is it Apple or Android? :wink: :mrgreen:

acp
Davy Crockett's Explorer Canoes Guide
Davy Crockett's Explorer Canoes Guide
Location: Formerly Disney-MGM Studios, now Cheshire, England.

Post by acp » Nov Thu 22, 2012 7:41 am

lonepalm wrote:Just to update..installed on my S3 running ICS and on my new Nexus 10 and seems to work fine with a minute or two of testing. Only thing I noticed is that when you are connected to a stream but then change the selection in the drop down box I expected it to change to that stream without hitting play. I could see how someone could do that and not hit play and forget they did that and look to see what stream they are on and it would say they are on a stream such as scheduled when in fact they are listening to request. No big deal though. I am a software tester, so if you need any testing effort please let me know.
That's something I thought about. After some thought, I decided it was best to not change what's actually playing unless explicitly told to (for instance, what if someone's just looking at the list and clicks it to get rid of it, but doesn't want to change stream?). What I'll likely do in a future update is to change the "Playing" message to include the name of the stream so as to lessen confusion.
Subsonic Radio Admin and former Walt Disney World Cast Member

Subsonic Radio Player for Windows (Latest version: 1.8.5 - More info)

Disneyland Paris: 2001, 2004, 2007, 2010, 2012, 2014, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019
Walt Disney World: 2006, 2010, 2011, 2015, 2019
Tokyo Disney Resort: 2013, 2014, 2016, 2017, 2018
Hong Kong Disneyland: 2016, 2017
Shanghai Disneyland: 2018

lonepalm

Post by lonepalm » Nov Thu 22, 2012 9:26 pm

Fair enough! Really lovin this app. Thanks!

Proud bandwidth donor to Subsonic Radio!

Check out disneyparksinfo.com and wdwthemeparks.com!

jrcohen
Peter Pan's Flight Pixie Duster

Post by jrcohen » Nov Mon 26, 2012 4:42 pm

Just installed. Was holding off because I thought I may be getting a nexus 4 to replace my Evo. Looks like I may be waiting a bit longer to get a new phone. As soon as my Nexus 10 gets here, I will definitely install on that too.
Please keep your arms and legs inside the vehicle until the ride comes to a full and complete stop. Thank you, and enjoy the rest of your day here at Walt Disney World.

subsonic
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by subsonic » Nov Mon 26, 2012 4:57 pm

It's free!!! Why hold off?
Join our chat in Discord: https://discord.gg/zw5by3z

jrcohen

Post by jrcohen » Nov Mon 26, 2012 5:12 pm

subsonic wrote:It's free!!! Why hold off?

My Evo is showing its age. Even running CM7 with ADW Ex Launcher, it's having a hard time keeping up with me. I've tried a number of different ROM / Kernal / Launcher combos to get it to last a bit longer. This seems to be the best mix, although battery life is still pretty bad. I'm hoping around January we'll see a Nexus 4 with LTE with a contract on either Sprint or AT&T. I'd love to stay with Sprint for the Google Voice integration; it's totally awesome! My work would be willing to put me on an AT&T plan with them though. They would not buy an unlocked phone for me to go to AT&T with however. And my wife won't let me spend $349 right now on an unlocked phone even if they were in stock. Hence staying with the Evo for a bit longer.
Please keep your arms and legs inside the vehicle until the ride comes to a full and complete stop. Thank you, and enjoy the rest of your day here at Walt Disney World.

MmeLeota
Pack Mules Wrangler
Pack Mules Wrangler

Post by MmeLeota » Nov Wed 28, 2012 3:28 pm

mindflipper wrote:
Len90 wrote:Inserts foot into mouth...
There's an app for that too? Is it Apple or Android? :wink: :mrgreen:
Consider the source... :lol: ;)

acp, I can't thank you enough for developing this app!!!!! As soon as I saw it was available, we both snapped it up! Waaaayyy better than TuneIn!!!! I guess it also has to do with the new phones too. We gave into a great Black Friday deal on the galaxy s3...we were going to wait since the EVO was still ok, but like jrcohen's phone, it was starting to show age.

tjl151
Omnibus Driver
Omnibus Driver

Post by tjl151 » Nov Thu 29, 2012 10:07 am

This is a great APP! Works even better on my new Galaxy Epic Touch 4G from BoostMobile. Yet I don't want to use up my data plan so I use the convenient WiFi here at my College.

:hm_ghost: Which is playing now! :D