Background Stream

Current News

Moderator: Moderators

rdeacon
Santa Fe & Disneyland Railroad Engineer
Santa Fe & Disneyland Railroad Engineer

Background Stream

Post by rdeacon » Jul Mon 16, 2012 9:02 am

Just wanted to give everyone a quick update. Last week I migrated the background stream from NJ to FL. Since I am not hearing any complaints about the background stream, I am assuming its functioning normally. I will be migrating the scheduled stream to the FL server this week.

Rich
"It's kind of fun to do the impossible.."
Walt Disney

[img]http://www.rdeacon.com/img/banners/bar/SR_admin_adv.jpg[/img]
[img]http://rdeacon.com/img/banners/bar/SR_monkey_adv.jpg[/img]

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Re: Background Stream

Post by Amy » Jul Mon 16, 2012 10:12 am

rdeacon wrote:Just wanted to give everyone a quick update. Last week I migrated the background stream from NJ to FL. Since I am not hearing any complaints about the background stream, I am assuming its functioning normally. I will be migrating the scheduled stream to the FL server this week.

Rich
I've been on the background stream 48k a few times since last week. Seemed to be working ok :D

Epcotmaniac
Autopian Mechanic
Autopian Mechanic

Post by Epcotmaniac » Jul Mon 16, 2012 10:54 am

I listen to the background stream most of the time and everything worked fine the last days.

wendilyn22
Casting

Post by wendilyn22 » Aug Thu 16, 2012 5:31 pm

Is there a reason why The Canada Loops, Norway and Muppet 3D play constantly? For some reason these seem to be the only things playing on the background channel as of late. Is this a server issue. It doesn't matter what time of day I tune in, it is always one of the three and then they repeat in the same day. There are so many other great songs out there that used to play all the time. This seems to be about week 4 that I am noticing this. I am not the only one to notice. My one friend listens to Subsonic Back ground and he is also hearing the same songs.

elizabethswann
Pirates of the Caribbean Buccaneer
Pirates of the Caribbean Buccaneer

Post by elizabethswann » Aug Thu 16, 2012 5:46 pm

I haven't experienced that before since when I listened to it last night the first thing that popped on was a song from the Italy Pavilion.

wendilyn22
Casting

Post by wendilyn22 » Aug Sun 19, 2012 9:10 am

I just turned on background and Area Loop 5(which is Canada) Is on. How do I get the luck?

NaCler
Country Bear Jamboree Greeter
Country Bear Jamboree Greeter

Post by NaCler » Aug Sun 19, 2012 4:32 pm

I think the Canada Loops continuously run on the background channel. They always seem to be on when I get on there.

kelato89
Sleeping Beauty Castle Guard
Sleeping Beauty Castle Guard

Post by kelato89 » Aug Mon 27, 2012 11:32 am

Yeah I also noticed Canada constantly playing. I love that loop, but it does get kind of redundant.

Maybe Canada should get it's own stream...:p

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Aug Mon 27, 2012 12:10 pm

Canada didn't always used to be on the background stream. I wonder if something is stuck :?

leblanan
Mike Fink Keel Boats Boatswain
Mike Fink Keel Boats Boatswain

Post by leblanan » Sep Mon 10, 2012 10:34 am

I've noticed the same thing lately that others seem to have commented before. Every time I put on the background stream it seems to be either Canada or Norway. It used to be do diverse, but I swear every time I put it on, it's the same thing.
"now, bring me that horizon"

LowPingBoy
Fire Engine Driver
Fire Engine Driver

Post by LowPingBoy » Sep Mon 17, 2012 2:24 pm

Bumping this thread. Canada and Norway play a LOT on the Background station. I'd hate to see these tracks go away but given the frequency they play and their extended duration I think they "drown out" other loops that I miss hearing (e.g. Fountain of Nations, Wonders of Life).

Any news from the server admins?

LowPingBoy
Fire Engine Driver
Fire Engine Driver

Post by LowPingBoy » Oct Mon 01, 2012 6:51 am

Been listening for the past week and it seems like the background playlist is a little more random. Haven't heard Canada or Norway loops for a few days! If anyone did anything, thanks for restoring diversity :)

y2kxmaskids
Main Street Horse Car Coachman

Post by y2kxmaskids » Nov Tue 20, 2012 11:23 am

Since I can't get on the Requests stream lately, I have tried the Scheduled stream. I love Canada, I really do. But it plays often on there. Loop 5 seems to be on whenever I log on. Just letting somone know. Again, thanks to all the people that keep this going. It helps make laundry, dishes, painting the bathroom and neon green (think Seahawks colors!) much easier.

Tanya

y2kxmaskids

Post by y2kxmaskids » Nov Wed 28, 2012 11:46 am

Maybe the background stream is on a scheduled or regular loop that makes Canada come up at 8:15am PST or so every day. That is when I try it and it is the same music. But when I try at other times during the day, Canada comes up again fairly quickly. I haven't timed it, but it seems like it is within 1-2 hours that the Canada Loop 5 plays. Is the background schedule longer than that? It semms like it should be.

Again, thank you for everything. I love this site!

Tanya

JenMuse
Mad Tea Party Host
Mad Tea Party Host
Location: Los Osos, California (a.k.a. 2,714 miles from the Polynesian)

Post by JenMuse » Nov Fri 30, 2012 12:49 pm

y2kxmaskids wrote:Maybe the background stream is on a scheduled or regular loop that makes Canada come up at 8:15am PST or so every day. That is when I try it and it is the same music. But when I try at other times during the day, Canada comes up again fairly quickly. I haven't timed it, but it seems like it is within 1-2 hours that the Canada Loop 5 plays. Is the background schedule longer than that? It seems like it should be.
I noticed that too! 8:15 am Pacific time is the Canada loop! I switched to the requests stream to get out of Canada (which I love, but not every morning while brushing my teeth).
  • 1980-93: Fort Wilderness
    1996: All-Stars Movie
    1999: rented a private home
    2008: Hilton Grand Vacation Club at International Drive (HGVC)
    2009: All-Stars Music & Pop Century
    2010: HGVC at I-Drive
    2011: Anaheim Hilton (DisneyLand)
    2012: HGVC at I-Drive & Caribbean Beach Resort
    2013: HGVC-Parc Soleil & Port Orleans Riverside AND Anaheim Hilton
    2015: Old Key West & Saratoga Springs