Subsonic's T-Shirt vision came slightly true, again...

Current News

Moderator: Moderators

subsonic
Site Admin
Site Admin

Subsonic's T-Shirt vision came slightly true, again...

Post by subsonic » Mar Tue 22, 2011 1:00 pm

Ever since I started Subsonic Radio, I had a vision that I'd randomly run into someone at DLR wearing a Subsonic Radio T-shirt. This vision has come slightly true, twice. I say slightly, because I don't consider the two occasions "random."

The first occasion was during the Fifth Anniversary meet-up. At one point during the day, I saw someone wearing a Subsonic Radio DL5 meet-up shirt walking toward me. So, I stopped him. It turned out he and his brother were late to the meet-up time. But, at least I ran into someone with a SR shirt. :)

Because it was a meet day, I don't consider this random. You can read about it in more detail here.

The second occasion was last Friday. I was at elecTRONica waiting in line to buy a glowjito (Man, I love those things.). Even though it was a cool night, I decided to take off my hoodie. I was wearing one of the new prototype shirts I've been working on (I plan on releasing these soon). These new shirts have the website URL across the back.

Lo and behold, the guy standing behind me asks, "Oh, you know Subsonic Radio?"

I reply, "Yes, the streaming website."

To which he says, "Yeah, I listen all the time, I tell my friends about it, too."

My heart totally skipped a beat. I said, "Well, I'm Subsonic." He thought that was pretty cool. :)

For me, it was just awesome that someone knew of my site and how crazy it was that he was standing right behind me when I showed my shirt.

Now, I say this isn't "random," because it was me wearing the shirt. However, my full vision has yet to become a reality. I hope one day soon, it will be me, who runs into someone wearing a Subsonic Radio T-shirt. Hopefully, that will change soon as we're coming out with some new designs in the near future.

Thanks to those two people who have made my vision become slightly true. :)
Join our chat in Discord: https://discord.gg/zw5by3z

dichuy
Fantasyland Theater Projectionist
Fantasyland Theater Projectionist

Re: Subsonic's T-Shirt vision came slightly true, again...

Post by dichuy » Mar Tue 22, 2011 1:17 pm

That is a great story! Looking forward to getting my t-shirt before I go (hint hint)
Step out to your left please. When the car stops, step out to your left.

NaCler
Country Bear Jamboree Greeter

Post by NaCler » Mar Tue 22, 2011 1:39 pm

I have worn my Sub t-shirt proudly the last two times I have been to WDW. If I get out to DLR next year, I'll be wearing the new one.

subsonic
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by subsonic » Mar Tue 22, 2011 1:48 pm

NaCler wrote:I have worn my Sub t-shirt proudly the last two times I have been to WDW. If I get out to DLR next year, I'll be wearing the new one.
I've seen pictures of people in SR shirts. :) That's always cool. Len90 has one up as his avatar!

I know people buy them and wear them. I just have yet to see it. With the new designs I'll be promoting the shirts more. The current ones are VERY VERY old.

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Mar Tue 22, 2011 8:11 pm

subsonic wrote:
NaCler wrote:I have worn my Sub t-shirt proudly the last two times I have been to WDW. If I get out to DLR next year, I'll be wearing the new one.
I've seen pictures of people in SR shirts. :) That's always cool. Len90 has one up as his avatar!
I know people buy them and wear them. I just have yet to see it. With the new designs I'll be promoting the shirts more. The current ones are VERY VERY old.
I'm looking forward to the new shirt designs ~ I wore my sub shirt today :mickey:

mindflipper
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by mindflipper » Mar Tue 22, 2011 8:48 pm

Any idea when the new shirts are available?

Also, you might consider posting a link in this thread to where you can buy the current designs of Subsonic shirts...

elizabethswann
Pirates of the Caribbean Buccaneer

Post by elizabethswann » Mar Tue 22, 2011 8:48 pm

Aw, that's a real story! I can't wait to see the new designs so I can have it with me when I go to WDW next year.

Len90
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Len90 » Mar Wed 23, 2011 12:00 am

subsonic wrote:

It is actually funny that this whole story was brought up. I wore my subsonic shirt (with pride) around the parks last July. My brother even had purchased one. We hoped that somebody would stop and say something about subsonic radio, or we would catch somebody wearing a shirt who we could approach. The only time I was spotted in WDW was by sandi who recognized me by my face as my family and I were cutting through the Beach Club. She was able to put it all together by just seeing pictures of me from previous trips.

Sub, I think one day your vision will become a reality. It is all timing. For all you know there could have been many people in the park wearing the shirts and your paths just never crossed. I can't wait to see the new shirt designs. IF I go away this summer and the shirts are out by then, I'll probably be getting one.
- Len90
"If you can dream it, you can do it. Always remember that this whole thing was started with a dream and a mouse."
"Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday, tomorrow, and fantasy"

NaCler

Post by NaCler » Mar Wed 23, 2011 6:38 am

Len90 wrote:The only time I was spotted in WDW was by sandi who recognized me by my face as my family and I were cutting through the Beach Club. She was able to put it all together by just seeing pictures of me from previous trips.
It's a SMALL SUB WORLD... I have since learned that sandi only lives about 10 minutes from me! I'll have to get together with her and her family sometime soon... or maybe we'll meet at WDW if she spots my shirt??? You never know... :D

Len90
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Len90 » Mar Wed 23, 2011 10:28 am

NaCler wrote:
Len90 wrote:The only time I was spotted in WDW was by sandi who recognized me by my face as my family and I were cutting through the Beach Club. She was able to put it all together by just seeing pictures of me from previous trips.
It's a SMALL SUB WORLD... I have since learned that sandi only lives about 10 minutes from me! I'll have to get together with her and her family sometime soon... or maybe we'll meet at WDW if she spots my shirt??? You never know... :D
Seems like you have the same situation with sandi as I do with rdeacon. We always bump into each other at the local diners.
- Len90
"If you can dream it, you can do it. Always remember that this whole thing was started with a dream and a mouse."
"Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday, tomorrow, and fantasy"

mindflipper
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by mindflipper » Mar Wed 23, 2011 11:01 am

...and I live in NaCler's old hometown where his parents still reside. :shock: Starting to feel like an old episode of LOST that never aired... :roll: :wink: :lol:

NaCler

Post by NaCler » Mar Wed 23, 2011 11:42 am

mindflipper wrote:...and I live in NaCler's old hometown where his parents still reside. :shock: Starting to feel like an old episode of LOST that never aired... :roll: :wink: :lol:
And when we met-up last December... was that a flash sideways or was that real??? ;)

subsonic
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by subsonic » Mar Wed 23, 2011 11:43 am

I hope to have shirts out in two weeks.

elizabethswann

Post by elizabethswann » Mar Wed 23, 2011 3:33 pm

And we'll all be looking forward to them!

mindflipper
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by mindflipper » Mar Wed 23, 2011 6:28 pm

NaCler wrote:
mindflipper wrote:...and I live in NaCler's old hometown where his parents still reside. :shock: Starting to feel like an old episode of LOST that never aired... :roll: :wink: :lol:
And when we met-up last December... was that a flash sideways or was that real??? ;)
Definitely not the after-life...coz' if it was there would have been no lines, no waiting... :wink: :lol: :mickey: