7 Years and still going...

Current News

Moderator: Moderators

subsonic
Site Admin
Site Admin

7 Years and still going...

Post by subsonic » Feb Tue 01, 2011 2:14 pm

Today is Subsonic Radio's 7th Anniversary!

Wow, it seems like yesterday I was posting that Subsonic Radio was 6 years old. I'm still amazed the site has made is this long, remained free, and continues to grow with activity. Of course, it wouldn't exist if it wasn't for our devout fan base. From people who donate servers, bandwidth, administer, configure, maintain, and moderate to the people who upload new audio & music and keep the forums active with new content. Thank you all!

Every year I always think in retrospect how far this site has come. Of course when I first launched it was my top priority in life. All my free time went into collecting audio, adding forums, adding new sections to the site (desktop backgrounds, themes, store, etc...), and of course the revisions of the request system. Unfortunately, as time went on, my priorities changed, I became busier with work, Wife, Son, well... life. And, honestly, there's only so many times one can listen to It's a Small World (Though, now my son requests me to play it every time I put him in the car, of course, I comply). Recently I've felt myself itching to give Subsonic Radio some love again. Don't ask me when, but it'll happen.

I have met friends. I have even seen these friends, mature, grow, have children of their own, and endure their own trials and tribulations. Some of these people have come and gone, others, at this point, I know I'll keep in contact forever. Most of these people have been in the chat every day close to the beginning of the site. These people have a special place in my heart and I'm glad they are there. Subsonic Radio listeners mostly span the United States but we have listeners from all over the world. It warms my heart to know that listeners have flown across our large seas and have met each other to say hi face-to-face. It's great to meet people that I have been chatting with for years.

I would have to say the highlight of Subsonic Radio was is now known as DL5, this was Subsonic Radio's 5th anniversary meet. In addition to a wonderful meet and making even more new friends one of my dreams was fulfilled. I had always imagined that Subsonic Radio would get so popular that I'd run into someone at the park wearing a Subsonic Radio shirt (which, along with every thing on this site, I don't make any profit on). Even though a Subsonic Radio meet was going on, I ran into someone that was wearing a shirt. This person happened to be late to the meet up time. Had he not been wearing the shirt, I would have never of met him and he wouldn't have been part of our group for the rest of the weekend. Since then, him and his brother have turned out to be my "drinking" buddies at the parks on a regular basis which I enjoy tremendously. DL5 really showed me how many people were dedicated to the site. People flew out from east coast, drove for hours, or made the hop-skip-and-a-jump to come meet me and other listeners. Again, I have made such wonderful friends that I will never forget and remain in contact with forever.

Thank you all for being a part of Subsonic Radio.

Here's to many more years...
Join our chat in Discord: https://discord.gg/zw5by3z

subsonic
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: 7 Years and still going...

Post by subsonic » Feb Tue 01, 2011 2:35 pm

Oh, and sorry requesters, but for each anniversary I queue the entire 50th retrospective. :) It's good to be the king.

Josh Q
Mike Fink Keel Boats Boatswain

Post by Josh Q » Feb Tue 01, 2011 2:39 pm

Congratulations! I Love this site! Here's to many more years of Subsonic!!!
Our Theme Park Podcast is back! http://www.themeparktalk.com

subsonic
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by subsonic » Feb Tue 01, 2011 2:44 pm

Josh Q wrote:Congratulations! I Love this site! Here's to many more years of Subsonic!!!
Ahh Josh, one of the people that made my best SR memory! Thanks for making it to DL5 :)

Wizzard419
Pirates of the Caribbean Buccaneer

Post by Wizzard419 » Feb Tue 01, 2011 2:58 pm

subsonic wrote:Oh, and sorry requesters, but for each anniversary I queue the entire 50th retrospective. :) It's good to be the king.

Don't forget expedition everest! :D

addlema

Post by addlema » Feb Tue 01, 2011 3:00 pm

Heres to many more! Still the best site on the internet! Thanks for everything adam!
[img]http://www.disneymountainrides.com/_i/banners/bar/SR_broad.gif[/img]
[img]http://www.disneymountainrides.com/_i/banners/bar/SR_mod.gif[/img]
[img]http://rdeacon.com/img/banners/bar/SR_monkey.gif[/img]

mindflipper
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by mindflipper » Feb Tue 01, 2011 3:06 pm

Congratulations on such a lucky milestone! I hope there are many more years to come! :D

elizabethswann

Post by elizabethswann » Feb Tue 01, 2011 3:19 pm

Happy Birthday, SR and congratulations on making it to seven years. I've been apart of this forum for almost four years this month and it was one of the best decisions ever. This is a second home and I'm glad to be here to help people, meet new people, listen to wonderful music and have a great time here. Can't wait until the site hits 10 years!

Torylovesdisney
Main Street Cinema Projectionist

Post by Torylovesdisney » Feb Tue 01, 2011 3:22 pm

Big congrats here!! even though it means we have to listen to all those 50th retrospective songs -- ewwwww -- just/kidding, it's your toy you're allowed to play with it :)

Seriously though, I love SR and I am a faithful follower :) Thank you!!
[color=red][b]Only [i]Disney People[/i] understand [i]Disney People[/i]![/b][/color]

acp
Davy Crockett's Explorer Canoes Guide
Davy Crockett's Explorer Canoes Guide
Location: Formerly Disney-MGM Studios, now Cheshire, England.

Post by acp » Feb Tue 01, 2011 3:25 pm

w00t! Seven years!

Doesn't seem like seven years since I found this little streaming site hiding in the corner of the internets :)

Here's to the next seven!
Subsonic Radio Admin and former Walt Disney World Cast Member

Subsonic Radio Player for Windows (Latest version: 1.8.5 - More info)

Disneyland Paris: 2001, 2004, 2007, 2010, 2012, 2014, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019
Walt Disney World: 2006, 2010, 2011, 2015, 2019
Tokyo Disney Resort: 2013, 2014, 2016, 2017, 2018
Hong Kong Disneyland: 2016, 2017
Shanghai Disneyland: 2018

spaulo
PeopleMover People Mover
PeopleMover People Mover

Post by spaulo » Feb Tue 01, 2011 3:30 pm

Congrats! I need to spend more time around these parts. SSR pushed me into making my own collection of Disney park audio, and when I got to about the 3 gigabytes level, I stopped listening here :)

But there are always new tracks to discover, and there is certainly something to be said for the community. Huzzah! Here's to many more anniversaries!
~Steve

Lumiere

Post by Lumiere » Feb Tue 01, 2011 3:39 pm

Thinking yet again today what a great site this. Awhile ago when the queue went "haywire" I came to the forums to see if there was an explanation. Glad I found out today is the Anniversary! It's a great chance to say many, many, thanks to Sub and all the faithful who've helped make this site such a great place

Future Guy
Shooting Galleries Gun Cleaner
Shooting Galleries Gun Cleaner

Post by Future Guy » Feb Tue 01, 2011 3:46 pm

Happy 7th, SR! And thanks to Subsonic and the other admins for all the fantastic work they do here!

NaCler
Country Bear Jamboree Greeter
Country Bear Jamboree Greeter

Post by NaCler » Feb Tue 01, 2011 3:46 pm

Congrats to all who had any part in creating this site and keeping it going for the last 7 years. I'm going on my first year as a member and I know that I have had many great memories already and I thank you guys for that. Happy 7th SR!

horizons1
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by horizons1 » Feb Tue 01, 2011 3:47 pm

Thanks for making me feel old Sub!
No one's gloomy or complaining while the flatware's entertaining.