Nice post about bag checks (I hate these)

Current News

Moderator: Moderators

elizabethswann
Pirates of the Caribbean Buccaneer

Re: Nice post about bag checks (I hate these)

Post by elizabethswann » Jan Sun 30, 2011 3:28 am

When I went yesterday (Saturday), one cast member actually did look more into the bag I brought with me and used a flashlight. At least I knew it was getting checked out.

Len90
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Len90 » Feb Thu 03, 2011 11:58 pm

mindflipper wrote:Are we talking actual police cars here, or Disney security? Technically, their cars may look alike, but they're not the same thing.
Those were OCSO vehicles. Disney security are almost all SUVs.

elizabethswann: It really all comes down to who you had look in your bag. I've had some that look too much and others that don't look at all. I would say that all of the CM's checking bags in WDW that I can remember did have flashlights in hand. I really don't think bag checks are what will make the difference. I just am waiting on the day we all have to walk through a metal detector to get into Animal Kingdom :shock:
- Len90
"If you can dream it, you can do it. Always remember that this whole thing was started with a dream and a mouse."
"Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday, tomorrow, and fantasy"

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Feb Fri 04, 2011 7:41 am

Len90 wrote:
mindflipper wrote:Are we talking actual police cars here, or Disney security? Technically, their cars may look alike, but they're not the same thing.

elizabethswann: It really all comes down to who you had look in your bag. I've had some that look too much and others that don't look at all. I would say that all of the CM's checking bags in WDW that I can remember did have flashlights in hand. I really don't think bag checks are what will make the difference. I just am waiting on the day we all have to walk through a metal detector to get into Animal Kingdom :shock:
Is that so people don't go hunting big game?! :shock:

mindflipper
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by mindflipper » Feb Fri 04, 2011 11:05 am

Len90 wrote:elizabethswann: It really all comes down to who you had look in your bag. I've had some that look too much and others that don't look at all. I would say that all of the CM's checking bags in WDW that I can remember did have flashlights in hand. I really don't think bag checks are what will make the difference.
When I was there back on Dec 4th, the guard checking bags seem apathetic. I felt like I was more concerned about security than he was! It really comes down to the CM and how serious they take the job.

Len90
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Len90 » Feb Fri 04, 2011 9:49 pm

Amy wrote:
Len90 wrote:

Is that so people don't go hunting big game?! :shock:
Haha Amy, I really tried to get that as a joke towards security since a metal detector would never be able to fit into the theme of Animal Kingdom. Not intended towards any sort of hunting; although there is Little Red :oops:
- Len90
"If you can dream it, you can do it. Always remember that this whole thing was started with a dream and a mouse."
"Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday, tomorrow, and fantasy"

Wizzard419

Post by Wizzard419 » Feb Fri 04, 2011 11:56 pm

elizabethswann wrote:When I went yesterday (Saturday), one cast member actually did look more into the bag I brought with me and used a flashlight. At least I knew it was getting checked out.
Honestly, aside from the prevention of shadow monsters, shining a flashlight in your bag isn't really doing anything. I remember a month ago (give or take a few weeks) a guy was having a mini rant at the checkers because he had to open all the pockets on his bag.

You can't really prevent much with flashlights and chopsticks.

At least The Shaming of America makes a good show of it by digging in when they do their searches.