Happy Holidays Everybody

Current News

Moderator: Moderators

Len90
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Re: Happy Holidays Everybody

Post by Len90 » Dec Fri 31, 2010 12:55 pm

Happy and healthy new year to Team SR and all the members of subsonic radio. May 2011 be even a better year for all of us.

Here's a shot I got last night of what Times Square will look like tonight at the stroke of midnight.
- Len90
"If you can dream it, you can do it. Always remember that this whole thing was started with a dream and a mouse."
"Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday, tomorrow, and fantasy"

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Dec Fri 31, 2010 1:49 pm

Hmmm, I wonder who the sponsors are this year?! :? :lol:
Are you going to be there tonight as well Len? My oldest brother was there once and he said it is an experience everyone should have at least once in their life to be in Times Square on New Year's Eve. Looks like too many people to me :shock:

Len90
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Len90 » Dec Fri 31, 2010 3:46 pm

Amy wrote:Hmmm, I wonder who the sponsors are this year?! :? :lol:
Are you going to be there tonight as well Len? My oldest brother was there once and he said it is an experience everyone should have at least once in their life to be in Times Square on New Year's Eve. Looks like too many people to me :shock:
I would love to be there one year, it's just way too many people and would cost a lot of money to spend the night there. I would also like to see the Thanksgiving Day Parade too one year. I believe that it is a sight that everybody should really see in their lifetime. The excitement from just seeing the test drops and all the stages was enough to create an amazing atmosphere. I can only imagine what it will be like later tonight.
- Len90
"If you can dream it, you can do it. Always remember that this whole thing was started with a dream and a mouse."

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Dec Fri 31, 2010 4:18 pm

Len90 wrote:
Amy wrote:Hmmm, I wonder who the sponsors are this year?! :? :lol:
I would love to be there one year, it's just way too many people and would cost a lot of money to spend the night there. I would also like to see the Thanksgiving Day Parade too one year. I believe that it is a sight that everybody should really see in their lifetime. The excitement from just seeing the test drops and all the stages was enough to create an amazing atmosphere. I can only imagine what it will be like later tonight.
That is cool that you got to see the test drop anyhow! I would love to see the Rose Bowl parade and the Thanksgiving Parade some day in person ~ that would awesome! But I need to find out a way to be super rich or famous first because there is no way I could stand in the crowd :shock:

casrin
Columbia Sailing Ship Admiral
Columbia Sailing Ship Admiral

Post by casrin » Jan Sat 01, 2011 3:21 pm

Happy New Year, all! :ccat:
-[b]casrin[/b]
[url=http://ubanimator.com][img]http://www-personal.umd.umich.edu/~cparkins/images/userbar/userbar487580pb0.gif[/img][/url]

elizabethswann
Pirates of the Caribbean Buccaneer
Pirates of the Caribbean Buccaneer

Post by elizabethswann » Jan Sat 01, 2011 5:54 pm

Happy New Year to everyone!

boilerbabe
Pack Mules Wrangler
Pack Mules Wrangler

Post by boilerbabe » Jan Sun 02, 2011 5:22 pm

Happy 2011 to all of my Subsonic Family! :D

subsonic
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by subsonic » Jan Mon 03, 2011 3:38 pm

Happy New Year everybody! :) Here's to a great 2011. I believe SR will actually get some upgrades this year :)
Join our chat in Discord: https://discord.gg/zw5by3z

MmeLeota
Pack Mules Wrangler
Pack Mules Wrangler

Post by MmeLeota » Jan Mon 03, 2011 7:53 pm

subsonic wrote:Happy New Year everybody! :) Here's to a great 2011. I believe SR will actually get some upgrades this year :)
Ooh! Is that a bona fide resolution???? ;)

Amy, I'd like to see the Turkey Day parade in person someday...the Rose parade is AMAZING!!! We've seen it twice...once from the grandstands and once from the street. :mrgreen:

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Jan Mon 03, 2011 7:55 pm

MmeLeota wrote:
subsonic wrote:Happy New Year everybody! :) Here's to a great 2011. I believe SR will actually get some upgrades this year :)
Amy, I'd like to see the Turkey Day parade in person someday...the Rose parade is AMAZING!!! We've seen it twice...once from the grandstands and once from the street. :mrgreen:
Lucky!! I would guess it is much better to watch from the grandstands. I had a coworker whose Aunt lived in Pasedena and I seem to remember him saying they left town so they wouldn't have to deal with the crowds around that time of year.

MmeLeota
Pack Mules Wrangler
Pack Mules Wrangler

Post by MmeLeota » Jan Mon 03, 2011 8:00 pm

Amy wrote:
MmeLeota wrote:
Lucky!! I would guess it is much better to watch from the grandstands. I had a coworker whose Aunt lived in Pasedena and I seem to remember him saying they left town so they wouldn't have to deal with the crowds around that time of year.
Actually, I really enjoyed watching from the street. You could interact with the people on the floats and the various parade walkers. While up in the grandstands, we were too far away for that. I think if I lived in the area, I might hang around for the parade the first couple of years, but after that I'd want to get out of dodge (unless I lived along the parade route...then I'd watch from there)...of course, we do the same thing here....crazy crowds make us not want to go anywhere that night.

subsonic
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by subsonic » Jan Mon 03, 2011 8:08 pm

MmeLeota wrote:
I don't believe in resolutions. One shouldn't need an excuse to get something done. One should just go out and do it. :) That said, I have no excuses for not working on SR as much other that it just hasn't been a top priority. But starting last month, I have been slowing ramping up to do more work on it. It's been a few years since this site has gotten an upgrade and I believe it's time for some new stuff.
Join our chat in Discord: https://discord.gg/zw5by3z

MmeLeota
Pack Mules Wrangler
Pack Mules Wrangler

Post by MmeLeota » Jan Mon 03, 2011 8:30 pm

subsonic wrote:
MmeLeota wrote:
I don't believe in resolutions. One shouldn't need an excuse to get something done. One should just go out and do it. :) That said, I have no excuses for not working on SR as much other that it just hasn't been a top priority. But starting last month, I have been slowing ramping up to do more work on it. It's been a few years since this site has gotten an upgrade and I believe it's time for some new stuff.
Well, burst my bubble then... ;)
I don't like to make resolutions because I never stick to them...but I do have outlooks for the new year

Len90
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Len90 » Jan Tue 04, 2011 12:24 am

subsonic wrote:
MmeLeota wrote:
Didn't the forum software get upgraded during 2010. That alone was a huge upgrade! I'm excited to see what the future holds for this site.
- Len90

mindflipper
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by mindflipper » Jan Tue 04, 2011 9:59 am

Having been through system "upgrades" at work - which I can best describe as "having gone from the Jetsons to the Flintsones" - I tend to fear "upgrades" more now to mean "new software with significant loss of services."