"There's a fine prow on that steamer, let's climb aboard her!" Fireside

"You're off the map mateys..Here there be SeaMonsters!!"

The original "LICENSE MAYHEM MARAUDER!!ImageImage

subsonic
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Quickgold's "Big Problems with Walt Disney World"

Post by subsonic » Sep Thu 09, 2010 12:15 pm

elizabethswann wrote:Wow, that's a real good article there and while I've never been to Disney World, it's good to help broaden my views on what's going on throughout the parks there.
Well, you can see some of that stuff is happening at Disneyland too. I think the most interesting part of the article was the homogenization of merchandise. It's really pretty sad.

I think Epcot should be its own brand. I miss seeing Mickeys dressed up in Epcot garb and/or space suits. I remember how much I wanted a Figment plush toy. Sure they still sell Figment, but it's not the same.
Join our chat in Discord: https://discord.gg/zw5by3z

Len90
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Len90 » Sep Thu 09, 2010 12:40 pm

subsonic wrote: I think Epcot should be its own brand. I miss seeing Mickeys dressed up in Epcot garb and/or space suits. I remember how much I wanted a Figment plush toy. Sure they still sell Figment, but it's not the same.
Glad to see I'm not alone on this idea. I do think that it would be great to see them once again branch off with individualized merchandise for the parks. I can say that I do like some of the attempts to bring it back with the classic EPCOT shirt line. They are only available at two or three stores in EPCOT.
- Len90
"If you can dream it, you can do it. Always remember that this whole thing was started with a dream and a mouse."
"Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday, tomorrow, and fantasy"

subsonic
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by subsonic » Sep Thu 09, 2010 1:10 pm

Len90 wrote:Glad to see I'm not alone on this idea. I do think that it would be great to see them once again branch off with individualized merchandise for the parks. I can say that I do like some of the attempts to bring it back with the classic EPCOT shirt line. They are only available at two or three stores in EPCOT.
My idea isn't original. I got it from here: Great read IMO.
http://epcot82.blogspot.com/2007/01/bra ... epcot.html
Join our chat in Discord: https://discord.gg/zw5by3z

Future Guy
Shooting Galleries Gun Cleaner
Shooting Galleries Gun Cleaner

Post by Future Guy » Sep Fri 10, 2010 8:08 pm

Excellent article. You know, I paid $80/night for a Deluxe-quality room off property a couple years ago on Labor Day weekend. It was on 192 about 5 minutes from World Drive. I don't mind paying a premium to be on Disney property, but I agree that they've aggressively raised prices while simultaneously dropping quality. Disney needs some good, stiff competition to put the fear of their customers back into them.

Wizzard419
Pirates of the Caribbean Buccaneer

Post by Wizzard419 » Sep Fri 10, 2010 8:19 pm

Future Guy wrote:Excellent article. You know, I paid $80/night for a Deluxe-quality room off property a couple years ago on Labor Day weekend. It was on 192 about 5 minutes from World Drive. I don't mind paying a premium to be on Disney property, but I agree that they've aggressively raised prices while simultaneously dropping quality. Disney needs some good, stiff competition to put the fear of their customers back into them.

One thing I noticed with Disney (I suppose it goes for all of Orlando) is that air travel there is reasonable/dirt cheap from John Wayne (yes we have a statue) but the rooms/packages are more expensive. I take a trip to some other destination, such as New Orleans, it's the exact oposite. A high end place is dirt cheap but the air fare is crazy expensive.

Have any of the regular travelers to WDW noticed if the prices for the airline tickets have dropped at all?

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Sep Sat 11, 2010 5:00 pm

Wizzard419 wrote:One thing I noticed with Disney (I suppose it goes for all of Orlando) is that air travel there is reasonable/dirt cheap from John Wayne (yes we have a statue) but the rooms/packages are more expensive. I take a trip to some other destination, such as New Orleans, it's the exact oposite. A high end place is dirt cheap but the air fare is crazy expensive.
Have any of the regular travelers to WDW noticed if the prices for the airline tickets have dropped at all?
We are having problems finding reasonable air fare to Florida for this trip (from Michigan/Indiana area). It is usually expensive for us to travel from here to Cali too :roll:

Wizzard419

Post by Wizzard419 » Sep Sat 11, 2010 5:54 pm

Go figure, it's all a big trick from Orlando, they are trying to find a way to get southern californians there.