Subsonicradio iPhone App

Current News

Moderator: Moderators

BleuLlama
Motor Boat Cruise Skipper

Re: Subsonicradio iPhone App

Post by BleuLlama » Aug Sun 01, 2010 1:49 pm

Len90 wrote:BleuLlama I am really enjoying the application. It works fantastic. As for the unable to stream 96K it is an issue with AT&T network and coverage. The only way you can get continuous 96K coverage is if you have wifi coverage or almost perfect 3G. This was the same issue with streaming it through safari (once 3.0 came out), Tuner Internet Radio, and the Shoutcast app.
That's a bummer. There's nothing I can do about that. :(

perhaps only go to places with wifi access points, or get a Verizon Mifi? ;) tee-hee
1978: WDW MK, River Country -- Fort Wilderness
1985: WDW MK, EPCOT, River Country -- Polynesian
2011: DLR, DCA (one day)
2012: WDW Poly (one evening)
All of that, and part of me is still there.

MadEye
Haunted Mansion Butler
Haunted Mansion Butler

Post by MadEye » Aug Mon 02, 2010 3:16 pm

All I'll say is that whatever I was using before this app came out, it is no longer on my iPod.
We are all a little weird
And life's a little weird,
And when we find someone whose
Weirdness is compatible with ours,
We join up with them and fall in
Mutual weirdness and call it Love.”
― Dr. Seuss

Eames: Listen, if you're gonna perform INCEPTION, you need IMAGINATION.

Yensidaj
Autopian Mechanic
Autopian Mechanic

Post by Yensidaj » Aug Tue 03, 2010 10:22 am

Thank you so much for developing this app and giving it out for free. I can't wait to get a chance to try it.
Now I have a question. With this app now available I would imagine the number of users streaming will increase quite a bit. Will people using this app count against the number of available streams? And if so will you be increasing the number of streams available?
If not I would please request for everyone in subsonic land to be polite, if you are going to start streaming from your ipod please stop the stream on your computer before you do so. This way people are not taking up two streams at a time.

Ok I'm off to go download the app :)

BleuLlama

Post by BleuLlama » Aug Wed 04, 2010 8:39 pm

We should really also be thanking Cory Riley, people. He did all of the art, art direction, and initial visual design of the app. (I ran with it from there...)

This is what it was looking like before his influence: http://umlautllama.com/rand/?iphone-Sub ... Select.png

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Aug Wed 04, 2010 8:44 pm

BleuLlama wrote:We should really also be thanking Cory Riley, people. He did all of the art, art direction, and initial visual design of the app. (I ran with it from there...)

This is what it was looking like before his influence: http://umlautllama.com/rand/?iphone-Sub ... Select.png
Pass along my thanks to Cory then ~ the graphics look amazing :D

Mouseoholic
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider

Post by Mouseoholic » Aug Wed 04, 2010 9:00 pm

Thanks to all involved. Until last week I was using SHOUTcast and would lose connection about every 10 minutes or so. Now I have my phone streaming all day with no problems at all using the new Subsonic iPhone app. I can run off to a meeting and come back to listen to Subsonic.

Thanks again, this is right up there with the Keurig. If you have one, you know what I mean. I would say since sliced bread but the Keurig has now surpassed the invention of sliced bread in my book. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Mouseoholic!

MoonPet
Fantasyland Theater Projectionist
Fantasyland Theater Projectionist

Post by MoonPet » Aug Wed 04, 2010 10:58 pm

Thank you! Downloading app to my iPad as we speak and I can't wait to give it a try!

BleuLlama

Post by BleuLlama » Aug Thu 05, 2010 9:29 am

BTW, thanks to you all for such great, glowing reviews and comments. It makes me even happier that I made the app for you all.

I'll likely be pushing out an update for the app over the weekend to do a few minor things:

1. Volume slider on the "main" screen. I didn't think it was necessary, but y'all have requested this by far, over anything else.

2. Credit to Herb for the deco font "Keming" soon to be released (replacing "Mouse Deco" from your computer's font library)
(this font was unfinished, sitting on Justin's hard drive for a few years. (Justin is the awesome guy who created "Waltograph", the other font that the app uses) Once the creator of "Mouse Deco" declined its use in the app, and declined Justin's offer to kern it and generally improve it, Justin offered to finish up his deco font and release it for us to use. Both fonts are based on the Disney proprietary font "Kem Weber", and due to lack of kerning on MouseDeco, I suggested "Keming" as a joke name, poking fun at MouseDeco, and giving tribute to Kem Weber at the same time. Justin, being the awesome guy that he is, went with it. hehehe.

3. Other minor bugfixes. (if i find bugs to fix)

-bleullama

ps: http://www.ironicsans.com/2008/02/idea_ ... _term.html -origin of the term "keming" hehehe [*]
[*]: it's likely that only font geeks will get the joke, and that's ok with me. hehehe.

Nicc513
Mike Fink Keel Boats Boatswain

Post by Nicc513 » Aug Mon 09, 2010 12:57 pm

The app is great. Just downloaded it this morning and have been listening all day!

I was really happy to see the bookmarks already pre-loaded to the most frequently-used pages. VERY handy!!

One question: how will it work when 'special' streams are turned on, i.e. the Halloween or Christmas stream? Will they automatically show up in the stream list or will there have to be an update to the app?
"Dogs are our link to paradise. They don't know evil or jealousy or discontent. To sit with a dog on a hillside on a glorious afternoon is to be back in Eden, where doing nothing was not boring - it was peace." ~ Milan Kundera

BleuLlama

Post by BleuLlama » Aug Mon 09, 2010 7:25 pm

Nicc513 wrote:One question: how will it work when 'special' streams are turned on, i.e. the Halloween or Christmas stream? Will they automatically show up in the stream list or will there have to be an update to the app?
The app gets a list of all of the available streams from the website. So when those streams are turned on, they will magically appear within the application. :D

Elvin
King Arthur Carousel Horseman

Post by Elvin » Aug Tue 10, 2010 12:37 pm

Love Love love the app.

Works awesome on my 4G. Background audio works and the96K streams sound great even over #G in the middle of midtown Manhattan

Woot!

Elvin

Post by Elvin » Aug Thu 12, 2010 10:05 am

BleuLlama wrote:BTW, thanks to you all for such great, glowing reviews and comments. It makes me even happier that I made the app for you all.

I'll likely be pushing out an update for the app over the weekend to do a few minor things:

1. Volume slider on the "main" screen. I didn't think it was necessary, but y'all have requested this by far, over anything else.
Glad to hear this. My ONLY complaint is there is no easy way for me to reduce the volume on the app when my iPhone 4 is in it's dock and I am pumping audio via the output jack on the dock.

Otherwise the app is simply awesome.

disneylandmom
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider

Post by disneylandmom » Aug Thu 12, 2010 2:49 pm

I'm so happy there is an app. Very user friendly. Thank you to the creators!

IMFearless

Post by IMFearless » Aug Wed 18, 2010 9:09 am

O.O
This is, like ... eight levels of awesomesauce, riiiiiight thar... my workout just got a heckuva lot better, let me tell you! Though, I have to ask ... are there any plans on including capabilities to make requests, other than through the browser?
()()()()
___..._
|...|.. V
+-+--+ The wildest ride in the wilderness!
+-----+
()()....O

[url=http://ubdesigner.com]
Forwhating?
Hi everybody! I'm a corporate symbol!

DAR
Autopian Mechanic
Autopian Mechanic

Post by DAR » Aug Mon 23, 2010 7:57 am

Any possibility of an Android app?