Subsonic Radio wants your ideas for updates.

Current News

Moderator: Moderators

Jacca5660
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Re: Subsonic Radio wants your ideas for updates.

Post by Jacca5660 » Sep Fri 17, 2010 12:14 pm

Mousekedude wrote:
BayLakeTowers wrote:What if we were allowed to post in 12 hour increments rather than 24? Recently I have enough points that I can fill up a 30 minute block with plenty of points to spare. What if after a set time, like four or six hours later, we could use the remaining points to post another block? I'm not saying regenerate the points faster, just allow a user the opportunity to use the points they have. I usually request music to work by during my office hours, but not at night. Now that I think about it, a 12 hour reset wouldn't do me any good, but every four hours, for example, would allow someone to put in two sets of requests during a working day. Right now, there's really no point in having more than about 2500 points because 99% of the music is under that and will fill up a 30min block of audio.
Actually, you've always had the power to go home, Dorothy....

You don't need to wait 12 or 24 or even 1 hour! The only restriction is that you can't have more than 30-minutes worth of music in the queue at any given time. But as soon as your tracks start playing, you can request more. For example, say you've filled up a 30-minute slot, and the first track is 5 minutes long. After it plays, you can actually request another 5 minute track right away. You can keep on doing this for as long as you have enough points. Mouseoholic and I frequently do that on late nights or off days when no one is on there. We just keep requesting stuff as soon as our time slots free up enough for the next tracks that we want. There have been times that between the two of us we had the queue filled up for hours straight because no one else was requesting. :D
There have been times we have help you two fill up your little romantic evenings!! ;+>

Here's the funny thing about having a lot of points. It seems the more you have the less you request. It's just fun listening to what others want to listen to. If I do request stuff it's normally when few others are requesting anything. I don't think I've requested anything for about a month!
"Our dreams can come true - if we have the courage to pursue them" WED

"There's a fine prow on that steamer, let's climb aboard her!" Fireside

"You're off the map mateys..Here there be SeaMonsters!!"

The original "LICENSE MAYHEM MARAUDER!!ImageImage

MmeLeota
Pack Mules Wrangler
Pack Mules Wrangler

Post by MmeLeota » Sep Fri 17, 2010 12:23 pm

Jacca5660 wrote:
Mousekedude wrote:
BayLakeTowers wrote:What if we were allowed to post in 12 hour increments rather than 24? Recently I have enough points that I can fill up a 30 minute block with plenty of points to spare. What if after a set time, like four or six hours later, we could use the remaining points to post another block? I'm not saying regenerate the points faster, just allow a user the opportunity to use the points they have. I usually request music to work by during my office hours, but not at night. Now that I think about it, a 12 hour reset wouldn't do me any good, but every four hours, for example, would allow someone to put in two sets of requests during a working day. Right now, there's really no point in having more than about 2500 points because 99% of the music is under that and will fill up a 30min block of audio.
Actually, you've always had the power to go home, Dorothy....

You don't need to wait 12 or 24 or even 1 hour! The only restriction is that you can't have more than 30-minutes worth of music in the queue at any given time. But as soon as your tracks start playing, you can request more. For example, say you've filled up a 30-minute slot, and the first track is 5 minutes long. After it plays, you can actually request another 5 minute track right away. You can keep on doing this for as long as you have enough points. Mouseoholic and I frequently do that on late nights or off days when no one is on there. We just keep requesting stuff as soon as our time slots free up enough for the next tracks that we want. There have been times that between the two of us we had the queue filled up for hours straight because no one else was requesting. :D
There have been times we have help you two fill up your little romantic evenings!! ;+>

Here's the funny thing about having a lot of points. It seems the more you have the less you request. It's just fun listening to what others want to listen to. If I do request stuff it's normally when few others are requesting anything. I don't think I've requested anything for about a month!
Oh yeah! We've "helped" out before too! :D

I will usually request either if the queue is not busy during the day (rarely) or at night/on the weekends when not many folks are requesting. Up until yesterday though, I really haven't requested anything in a while either...nor have I really been on the boards!

BayLakeTowers
Main Street Cinema Projectionist

Post by BayLakeTowers » Sep Fri 17, 2010 12:55 pm

That's good to know. I always thought that the rebuilding of points was associated with the 30minute block as well.
So how about that, one suggestion instantly granted! :D That was easy!

MmeLeota
Pack Mules Wrangler
Pack Mules Wrangler

Post by MmeLeota » Sep Fri 17, 2010 1:02 pm

BayLakeTowers wrote: :D That was easy!
Starting to sound like a "Staples" commercial! :lol:

BayLakeTowers

Post by BayLakeTowers » Sep Fri 17, 2010 1:11 pm

I didn't have a magic wand emoticon to wave. I thought there was a princess with a wand. Oh well, How about "Bibbity Bobbity Boo!"

Wizzard419
Pirates of the Caribbean Buccaneer

Post by Wizzard419 » Sep Sat 25, 2010 12:15 am

Bacon would be good. Forget magic wands, lets have bacon!

Jacca5660
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Jacca5660 » Sep Sat 25, 2010 2:07 am

Wizzard419 wrote:Bacon would be good. Forget magic wands, lets have bacon!
Here, here!

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Sep Sat 25, 2010 8:36 am

Jacca5660 wrote:
Wizzard419 wrote:Bacon would be good. Forget magic wands, lets have bacon!
Here, here!
I have no idea what y'all are talking about but if there is bacon, I am there!!

Wizzard419

Post by Wizzard419 » Sep Sat 25, 2010 11:56 pm

Everything is better with bacon. They serve a hippocrite burger at fatburger where it's a veggie burger wrapped in bacon.

Jacca5660
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Jacca5660 » Sep Sun 26, 2010 2:42 am

Wizzard419 wrote:Everything is better with bacon. They serve a hippocrite burger at fatburger where it's a veggie burger wrapped in bacon.

That by far is one the funniest things I've read as a menu item!!

Sorry to say. I of course will be needing your personal information so I can sue you for infringing/obfuscating/stealing my sense of humor!! :D :lol: :roll: :wink: ;+>

Wizzard419

Post by Wizzard419 » Sep Sun 26, 2010 12:38 pm

Clearly not since you would use a lawyer while I would trick you into handing your stuff over to me with a smile. :D

Mousekedude
Haunted Mansion Butler
Haunted Mansion Butler
Location: At Serenity Bay, on Castaway Cay again... I wish... :(

Post by Mousekedude » Sep Mon 27, 2010 10:54 am

Ah, diplomacy.... the art of being able to tell someone to go to he** in such a way that they actually look forward to the trip.