Subsonic Radio wants your ideas for updates.

Current News

Moderator: Moderators

northernmousefan2007
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider

Re: Subsonic Radio wants your ideas for updates.

Post by northernmousefan2007 » Aug Tue 03, 2010 9:22 pm

The biggest problem with breaking up the loop is that with the 30-minute limit per user, and a 60 minute loop chopped up into 4 15-minute blocks...well a person can then only request half of the loop. At least now, someone can make a request for a 60-minute loop and let that be the one request for their 30-minute block.
I thought the point was to not be able to play the whole track at once, and only be able to listen to less then 30 min at a time of the long tracks. Better then not having them at all to request I think.

MmeLeota
Pack Mules Wrangler
Pack Mules Wrangler

Post by MmeLeota » Aug Wed 04, 2010 12:10 pm

northernmousefan2007 wrote:
The biggest problem with breaking up the loop is that with the 30-minute limit per user, and a 60 minute loop chopped up into 4 15-minute blocks...well a person can then only request half of the loop. At least now, someone can make a request for a 60-minute loop and let that be the one request for their 30-minute block.
I thought the point was to not be able to play the whole track at once, and only be able to listen to less then 30 min at a time of the long tracks. Better then not having them at all to request I think.
I understand that some folks would like to break up the loops in blocks...heck, sometimes I like to just listen to certain songs from a loop. But There are also people who enjoy being able to listen to the whole loop in its entirety. Perhaps if the loops are offered both ways...chop shop style and fully intact

BayLakeTowers
Main Street Cinema Projectionist
Main Street Cinema Projectionist

Post by BayLakeTowers » Aug Thu 05, 2010 1:45 pm

Yes, that's what I was suggesting. Not to remove a block from being available, but rather to also have the option to select segments of a long block. This way newbies like me can still request a particular loop (or chunks of it) without having to post 100 times to have the points.
I did not realize there was a 30 minute request limit. Maybe that could be upped to 60 minutes to allow for someone to request a full loop if only the loop subsections were available for request.

Jacca5660
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Jacca5660 » Aug Thu 05, 2010 6:32 pm

BayLakeTowers wrote:Yes, that's what I was suggesting. Not to remove a block from being available, but rather to also have the option to select segments of a long block. This way newbies like me can still request a particular loop (or chunks of it) without having to post 100 times to have the points.
I did not realize there was a 30 minute request limit. Maybe that could be upped to 60 minutes to allow for someone to request a full loop if only the loop subsections were available for request.
You can request a full loop even though there is a 30 minute limit. There are a few of loops that are better then 60 minutes.
"Our dreams can come true - if we have the courage to pursue them" WED

"There's a fine prow on that steamer, let's climb aboard her!" Fireside

"You're off the map mateys..Here there be SeaMonsters!!"

The original "LICENSE MAYHEM MARAUDER!!ImageImage

MmeLeota
Pack Mules Wrangler
Pack Mules Wrangler

Post by MmeLeota » Aug Thu 05, 2010 6:52 pm

BayLakeTowers wrote:Yes, that's what I was suggesting. Not to remove a block from being available, but rather to also have the option to select segments of a long block. This way newbies like me can still request a particular loop (or chunks of it) without having to post 100 times to have the points.
I see what you're saying about the time limit being upped, but I think the 30 minute limit is good...frustrating at times (like when you're trying to keep the automatic player from randomly choosing the same tracks over and over :shock: ) but good.

Jacca5660
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Jacca5660 » Aug Thu 05, 2010 7:14 pm

MmeLeota wrote:
I see what you're saying about the time limit being upped, but I think the 30 minute limit is good...frustrating at times (like when you're trying to keep the automatic player from randomly choosing the same tracks over and over :shock: ) but good.
This drives me nuts late at night!

Breton
Mad Tea Party Host
Mad Tea Party Host

Post by Breton » Aug Sun 08, 2010 3:59 pm

I like the idea of being able to listen to an entire loop as well as having it split up into sections. Many of the tracks are done that way right now though.

Mousekedude
Haunted Mansion Butler
Haunted Mansion Butler
Location: At Serenity Bay, on Castaway Cay again... I wish... :(

Post by Mousekedude » Aug Mon 09, 2010 11:38 am

Breton wrote:I like the idea of being able to listen to an entire loop as well as having it split up into sections. Many of the tracks are done that way right now though.
You are correct. Just as one example, there are at least two long loops of the Illuminations soundtrack and pre-show music, but you can also request almost all the songs by their individual names as separate tracks.

Jacca5660
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Jacca5660 » Aug Tue 10, 2010 12:41 am

Mousekedude wrote:
Breton wrote:I like the idea of being able to listen to an entire loop as well as having it split up into sections. Many of the tracks are done that way right now though.
You are correct. Just as one example, there are at least two long loops of the Illuminations soundtrack and pre-show music, but you can also request almost all the songs by their individual names as separate tracks.
I would love to be able to prolong EE with it being broken up!! BWAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!! :evil: :twisted:

northernmousefan2007
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider

Post by northernmousefan2007 » Aug Fri 13, 2010 10:50 pm

Could we have an "official" app for android phones? I use my droid to stream sub all of the time, I would be very grateful for an app similar to the iphone app.

Jacca5660
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Jacca5660 » Aug Sat 14, 2010 12:40 am

northernmousefan2007 wrote:Could we have an "official" app for android phones? I use my droid to stream sub all of the time, I would be very grateful for an app similar to the iphone app.
Check General or is it NEWS!

elizabethswann
Pirates of the Caribbean Buccaneer

Post by elizabethswann » Aug Sat 14, 2010 3:14 pm

It would be in the general section.

rphillips14
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider

Post by rphillips14 » Aug Mon 16, 2010 9:25 am

I have to be honest, I LOVE the point system and the 30 minute rule-heck I love it all-no changes.
Long tracks are rewards for being a contributing member. I was a newbie once and worked my way up-others should too.

elizabethswann

Post by elizabethswann » Aug Mon 16, 2010 2:20 pm

It would be better to keep the point system the way it is, to be honest. While I do love requesting things, it's better to keep it at the 30 minute mark so one doesn't keep cluttering up the requests. I remember before the rule was installed that the requests would be incredibly long with requests from one user and it'd be over three hours combined with all the other requests there.

Jacca5660
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Jacca5660 » Aug Mon 16, 2010 3:55 pm

elizabethswann wrote:It would be better to keep the point system the way it is, to be honest. While I do love requesting things, it's better to keep it at the 30 minute mark so one doesn't keep cluttering up the requests. I remember before the rule was installed that the requests would be incredibly long with requests from one user and it'd be over three hours combined with all the other requests there.
I miss taking over on a Sat. night or Sun. morning!