Subsonic Radio wants your ideas for updates.

Current News

Moderator: Moderators

DIAC1987
Mad Tea Party Host
Mad Tea Party Host

Re: Subsonic Radio wants your ideas for updates.

Post by DIAC1987 » Jul Tue 20, 2010 12:37 am

"It would be nice if each park had their own channel of nonstop background music"

I totally agree with this. And, I am adding my vote to keep the long loops. However, if each park got their own channel, then I am sure the amount of requests for these long loops would diminish slightly.

YZFDonor
Mad Tea Party Host
Mad Tea Party Host

Post by YZFDonor » Jul Sun 25, 2010 6:39 pm

elizabethswann wrote:Maybe name a few more users as moderators to help keep watch over the forum. I know I'm on all over the place especially late at night so whatever threads are out of place or if anything goes wrong, one could help out and solve the problem.
Maybe each of us could have an assigned Top Level Forum to mod? I for one can't keep up with everything either but would be willing to be in charge of one, say DVC or one of the WDW ones.

horizons1
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by horizons1 » Jul Sun 25, 2010 8:10 pm

When deciding whether it makes sense to abolish the point system or change the time limit on requests, it would be useful to consult any statistics that have been gathered on usage. How often are there traffic jams with users all requesting music at the same time? Is there a way to leave the system loose and relatively unrestricted but then apply some sort of "flow control"? The idea would be to allow people total freedom to request during off-peak times but apply more restrictive rules during peak times.
No one's gloomy or complaining while the flatware's entertaining.

Jacca5660
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Jacca5660 » Jul Sun 25, 2010 8:18 pm

horizons1 wrote:When deciding whether it makes sense to abolish the point system or change the time limit on requests, it would be useful to consult any statistics that have been gathered on usage. How often are there traffic jams with users all requesting music at the same time? Is there a way to leave the system loose and relatively unrestricted but then apply some sort of "flow control"? The idea would be to allow people total freedom to request during off-peak times but apply more restrictive rules during peak times.
Wow!! What a great idea! I know form systems I work with that this doable, but I have no Idea what the CODE MONKEYS would have to do. You could most likely set it up so it would trigger time restriction from data about how many people are requesting.
"Our dreams can come true - if we have the courage to pursue them" WED

"There's a fine prow on that steamer, let's climb aboard her!" Fireside

"You're off the map mateys..Here there be SeaMonsters!!"

The original "LICENSE MAYHEM MARAUDER!!ImageImage

horizons1
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by horizons1 » Jul Sun 25, 2010 8:21 pm

Jacca5660 wrote:I know form systems I work with that this doable
Exactly what I was thinking, Jacca. Forums handle spiking web traffic in some elegant ways - we could probably come up with a similar set of business rules and then of course they have to be coded. The proof, as they say, is in the pudding.
No one's gloomy or complaining while the flatware's entertaining.

sonicthehero
Casting

Post by sonicthehero » Jul Mon 26, 2010 7:29 pm

I agree that an expanded sorting system when searching would be a swell improvement. It would nice to be able to organize tracks in order of most popular, date added, etc. The 'Date Added' option in particular would help as I often like to listen to the new material, and searching through posts to find it can be tedious.

kcarts
Flight to the Moon Flight Director
Flight to the Moon Flight Director

Post by kcarts » Jul Wed 28, 2010 7:47 am

I'm reading this and all I can think of is Caddyshack......

"I want a hamburger, no a cheese burger. I want fries. I want a co..."

"YOU'LL GET NOTHING AND LIKE IT!"

MY idea is a free trip to WDW for anyone who joined on May 29, 2007.

elizabethswann
Pirates of the Caribbean Buccaneer
Pirates of the Caribbean Buccaneer

Post by elizabethswann » Jul Wed 28, 2010 1:27 pm

kcarts wrote:I'm reading this and all I can think of is Caddyshack......

"I want a hamburger, no a cheese burger. I want fries. I want a co..."

"YOU'LL GET NOTHING AND LIKE IT!"
The only time I heard a version of that quote is from Family Guy when Patrick Stewart and Wil Wheaton did that.

bigred0707
Casting

Post by bigred0707 » Jul Fri 30, 2010 1:47 pm

I am new to this site, so this may fall under a stupid suggestion... But when I review all the options to choose from to request a song to be played it would be nice to be able to listen to the song before making the request. I may be looking for particular music and then I find a lot of options regarding the subject I'm looking at (Example Space Mountain) and I'm not sure which one will have the sound I'm looking for.... It would be helpful to be able to listen to a song even if it is only 30 seconds to one minute of it..instead of trying several before I find what I'm looking for.

MadEye
Haunted Mansion Butler
Haunted Mansion Butler

Post by MadEye » Aug Sun 01, 2010 12:48 pm

bigred0707 wrote:I am new to this site, so this may fall under a stupid suggestion... But when I review all the options to choose from to request a song to be played it would be nice to be able to listen to the song before making the request. I may be looking for particular music and then I find a lot of options regarding the subject I'm looking at (Example Space Mountain) and I'm not sure which one will have the sound I'm looking for.... It would be helpful to be able to listen to a song even if it is only 30 seconds to one minute of it..instead of trying several before I find what I'm looking for.
A preview system like iTunes or Amazon. Could be useful.
We are all a little weird
And life's a little weird,
And when we find someone whose
Weirdness is compatible with ours,
We join up with them and fall in
Mutual weirdness and call it Love.”
― Dr. Seuss

Eames: Listen, if you're gonna perform INCEPTION, you need IMAGINATION.

Jacca5660
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Jacca5660 » Aug Sun 01, 2010 2:12 pm

MadEye wrote:
bigred0707 wrote:I am new to this site, so this may fall under a stupid suggestion... But when I review all the options to choose from to request a song to be played it would be nice to be able to listen to the song before making the request. I may be looking for particular music and then I find a lot of options regarding the subject I'm looking at (Example Space Mountain) and I'm not sure which one will have the sound I'm looking for.... It would be helpful to be able to listen to a song even if it is only 30 seconds to one minute of it..instead of trying several before I find what I'm looking for.
A preview system like iTunes or Amazon. Could be useful.
This seems like it would be a lot of code and stress on the system.
"Our dreams can come true - if we have the courage to pursue them" WED

"There's a fine prow on that steamer, let's climb aboard her!" Fireside

"You're off the map mateys..Here there be SeaMonsters!!"

The original "LICENSE MAYHEM MARAUDER!!ImageImage

BayLakeTowers
Main Street Cinema Projectionist

Post by BayLakeTowers » Aug Tue 03, 2010 10:45 am

What if you broke up the long tracks in to part one, part two, etc.? That way someone could request all the parts to make a long block if the had the points, or request only a fifteen minute block of a 60 minute loop. I know I would like to request the background music for EE, but I don't have the points for a 75 minute block. But I also don't need to listen to all 75 minutes, I only need to hear maybe about 30 minutes of it. You could still keep the loop in tact for a background entry, but break it up for requests.

BayLakeTowers

Post by BayLakeTowers » Aug Tue 03, 2010 10:51 am

As for the search engine, what if you simply added a few radio buttons to select DisneyLand or WDW or Resorts to limit or expand the search. Like the difference between Google's basic search bar and their advanced search. If I type "Animal Kingdom", for example, I get everything from a Mainstreet parade, to the DAK lodge. It would be great to have a way to limit the results to only the park.

disneydreamer58
PeopleMover People Mover
PeopleMover People Mover

Post by disneydreamer58 » Aug Tue 03, 2010 7:52 pm

I too like the long tracks because when I am at work and can hear an hour of Illuminations or Wilderness Lodge I am in heaven because I can still concentrate on my work. I do try to request those when I know that I am going to have to do a lot of reconciliation work. But if they have to go out of the request loop and were available to hear as another option I am open to that.

Thanks for all you do! This site is my daily escape from reality! :)

oh yah and the search engine being more user friendly would be great....though it could be user error on my end :shock:
"A Very Merry Un-Birthday To You!"

MmeLeota
Pack Mules Wrangler
Pack Mules Wrangler

Post by MmeLeota » Aug Tue 03, 2010 8:07 pm

BayLakeTowers wrote:What if you broke up the long tracks in to part one, part two, etc.? That way someone could request all the parts to make a long block if the had the points, or request only a fifteen minute block of a 60 minute loop. I know I would like to request the background music for EE, but I don't have the points for a 75 minute block. But I also don't need to listen to all 75 minutes, I only need to hear maybe about 30 minutes of it. You could still keep the loop in tact for a background entry, but break it up for requests.
The biggest problem with breaking up the loop is that with the 30-minute limit per user, and a 60 minute loop chopped up into 4 15-minute blocks...well a person can then only request half of the loop. At least now, someone can make a request for a 60-minute loop and let that be the one request for their 30-minute block.
I do like being able to single out tracks (i.e. Wonders of Life) especially to learn the track names, however I love being able to request the whole loop in one sitting without the possibility of something else jumping in the middle of it.