Subsonic Radio wants your ideas for updates.

Current News

Moderator: Moderators

northernmousefan2007
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider

Re: Subsonic Radio wants your ideas for updates.

Post by northernmousefan2007 » Jul Thu 15, 2010 10:25 pm

Could one of the less popular stations be turned into a request stream with 15 min and longer tracks? Perhaps the Holiday station, all of the holiday music is available for request right? I second the ability to see the upcoming track titles, I would donate money for that :D

elizabethswann
Pirates of the Caribbean Buccaneer
Pirates of the Caribbean Buccaneer

Post by elizabethswann » Jul Fri 16, 2010 2:45 am

Maybe name a few more users as moderators to help keep watch over the forum. I know I'm on all over the place especially late at night so whatever threads are out of place or if anything goes wrong, one could help out and solve the problem.

mindflipper
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by mindflipper » Jul Fri 16, 2010 8:14 am

northernmousefan2007 wrote:Could one of the less popular stations be turned into a request stream with 15 min and longer tracks? Perhaps the Holiday station, all of the holiday music is available for request right? I second the ability to see the upcoming track titles, I would donate money for that :D
Please remember that the stations other than the request line are actually provided and maintained by jcondirewolf and not subsonic.

northernmousefan2007
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider

Post by northernmousefan2007 » Jul Fri 16, 2010 6:59 pm

Please remember that the stations other than the request line are actually provided and maintained by jcondirewolf and not subsonic.
Oh I was not aware of that.

Len90
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Len90 » Jul Fri 16, 2010 9:11 pm

mindflipper wrote:
northernmousefan2007 wrote:Could one of the less popular stations be turned into a request stream with 15 min and longer tracks? Perhaps the Holiday station, all of the holiday music is available for request right? I second the ability to see the upcoming track titles, I would donate money for that :D
Actually the Soarin, Star Tunnel, and Holiday streams are hosted by jcodirewolf.
- Len90
"If you can dream it, you can do it. Always remember that this whole thing was started with a dream and a mouse."
"Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday, tomorrow, and fantasy"

Shellyfish
Omnibus Driver
Omnibus Driver

Post by Shellyfish » Jul Fri 16, 2010 10:57 pm

I don't really have any new ideas here, but I wanted to put in my vote to keep the long loops. I enjoy the majority of them and if one comes up I don't like, I explore the other streams. I also am all for different ways of sorting the tracks. I have been wishing for that since I joined here. I would love to be able to sort by points as well. I only have 1840 points, so when I request, I tend to use them all at once. It would be nice to easily find the perfectly sized track to use my last 52 points. I love the delete request idea. I have been on both sides of being the interrupter and interruptee of a series of tracks. In all cases I wished I could take them back.

Now that I'm thinking about it, I would love to have a "Trash" list to go along with the Treasured list. Sometimes I request a track that looks interesting and it turns out to be not what I expected. A reminder not to request it again would be helpful.

cousininmiami
Davy Crockett's Explorer Canoes Guide
Davy Crockett's Explorer Canoes Guide

Post by cousininmiami » Jul Sun 18, 2010 8:23 am

I would LOVE to see a scheduled channel of just Yesterland! I look forward all week to Tuesday on the scheduled Yesterland. The old stuff is the best, and seriously a scheduled stream every day of the old Yesterland stuff ??? Wow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
°o° "...it's a great big beautiful tomorrow, shining at the end of every day" °o°

monorail1
Casting

Post by monorail1 » Jul Sun 18, 2010 10:07 am

subsonic wrote:I feel Subsonic Radio hasn't had an site update in a while. Rdeacon has been great about adding tracks and we both did a forum upgrade, but overal, there hasn't been a new code feature in quite some time. Now, I have a Google doc filled with ideas that I wanted to do but with my schedule it seems I never get around to them and they might not be the most desired thing by you, the listeners.

So, what I want to know is, what would YOU like to see as an enhancement to the website?

Post your suggestions and ideas here. I may or may not use them due to the complexity or stupidity of your idea but this is your chance to help the site grow. I will then take the do-able suggestions and make a poll and have users vote to see which will make it in.

I'm looking forward to hearing your input and making this site grow!
It would be nice if each park had their own channel of nonstop background music

monorail1
Casting

Post by monorail1 » Jul Sun 18, 2010 10:09 am

cousininmiami wrote:I would LOVE to see a scheduled channel of just Yesterland! I look forward all week to Tuesday on the scheduled Yesterland. The old stuff is the best, and seriously a scheduled stream every day of the old Yesterland stuff ??? Wow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

How true!!!!!!!!!!

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Jul Sun 18, 2010 9:14 pm

cousininmiami wrote:I would LOVE to see a scheduled channel of just Yesterland! I look forward all week to Tuesday on the scheduled Yesterland. The old stuff is the best, and seriously a scheduled stream every day of the old Yesterland stuff ??? Wow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Count me in on this idea ~ great idea cousininmiami!!

Mousekedude
Haunted Mansion Butler
Haunted Mansion Butler
Location: At Serenity Bay, on Castaway Cay again... I wish... :(

Post by Mousekedude » Jul Sun 18, 2010 9:18 pm

monorail1 wrote: It would be nice if each park had their own channel of nonstop background music
Mousekedittos on that one! :D

Jacca5660
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Jacca5660 » Jul Sun 18, 2010 10:46 pm

bdinger wrote:Sub... In response to your second post (the one regarding the points system), here are my thoughts...

With the 30 minute limit on the amount of songs a user can have in the request queue, the point system has become irrelevant. Eliminating the point system makes sense to me. I would continue to keep a time limit on what a user can have in the request queue at one time. However, I would not eliminate the ability for a user to request the longer tracks. If anything, I would put a cap on what the user can request in a predetermined period. For example, only allow a user to request one 60+ minute song in a 48-hour period.

I think a very good community of users has developed here at Subsonic, so I don't get the impression that anyone is abusing the system by requesting long tracks. So, I think it would be detrimental to eliminate this ability. Personally, sometimes I get the urge to listen to the Living Seas loop, Adventureland loop, or Wilderness Lodge loop. It would be disappointing if I had to wait for the station to automatically play these loops. If no one is allowed to request them, they'd only play in the overnight hours when the request queue empties out. During the day, they would never get played at all since the request queue is always full.

Also, the extended loops are some of my favorite. Eliminating them from the station all together would be disappointing.

As always, thanks to you and all the other admins for keeping this site going!

I don't like the 60 minute 48 hour rule. I know there are some weekends and over night periods that I'm the only one requesting. I actually feel there should be time periods that there are no request limits. I like the point system!

It would be nice to have a ride and attraction stream.
"Our dreams can come true - if we have the courage to pursue them" WED

"There's a fine prow on that steamer, let's climb aboard her!" Fireside

"You're off the map mateys..Here there be SeaMonsters!!"

The original "LICENSE MAYHEM MARAUDER!!ImageImage

Torylovesdisney
Main Street Cinema Projectionist
Main Street Cinema Projectionist

please don't change :)

Post by Torylovesdisney » Jul Mon 19, 2010 1:22 pm

Oh my if you did away with "An Evening in Epcot" or "wonders of life area music loop" I would be very sad.... personally i think the current system works very well. The only suggestion would have would be about frequently requested songs. I know there are songs which are played as soon as they become available again. For example "tomorrowland space mountain concourse -epcot medley" or any of the Epcot entrace loops. Have you ever considered tracking your most requested songs and putting them back in the selection sooner? or grabbing from these popular choices late at night when no one selects anything. -- tory
[color=red][b]Only [i]Disney People[/i] understand [i]Disney People[/i]![/b][/color]

MmeLeota
Pack Mules Wrangler
Pack Mules Wrangler

Post by MmeLeota » Jul Mon 19, 2010 2:14 pm

Amy wrote:
Count me in on this idea ~ great idea cousininmiami!!
Me too! :D
Jacca5660 wrote:I don't like the 60 minute 48 hour rule. I know there are some weekends and over night periods that I'm the only one requesting. I actually feel there should be time periods that there are no request limits. I like the point system!
I agree Jacca! I don't like the idea of the only being able to request 1 60+ minute loop per 48 hours. There are times on the weekends or late at night when, like Jacca, I am the only one requesting stuff and like to play the longer loops in those times. It gets annoying when the system bumps something else in there before I get to request something else though... :? c'est la vie.

I think the system works well as-is...there isn't much I'd like to see changed aside from a few cosmetic things I mentioned before.

momeja
Rocket Jets Flight Director
Rocket Jets Flight Director

Post by momeja » Jul Mon 19, 2010 10:47 pm

bdinger wrote: I think a very good community of users has developed here at Subsonic, so I don't get the impression that anyone is abusing the system by requesting long tracks. So, I think it would be detrimental to eliminate this ability. Personally, sometimes I get the urge to listen to the Living Seas loop, Adventureland loop, or Wilderness Lodge loop. It would be disappointing if I had to wait for the station to automatically play these loops. If no one is allowed to request them, they'd only play in the overnight hours when the request queue empties out. During the day, they would never get played at all since the request queue is always full.
Well said and my point exactly, bdinger.

Btw, it's nice to see your post. I often request at night and I've grown to love the music of Horizons, largely because of you. :)