Nature's Wonderland

Current News

Moderator: Moderators

subsonic
Site Admin
Site Admin

Nature's Wonderland

Post by subsonic » Jun Wed 16, 2010 12:44 pm

Some of you might have heard the Nature's Wonderland track here. I recently have been listening to the Musical History of Disneyland in my car. Having run this site for over 6 years, I have to admit a lot of tracks have gotten boring to me. Perhaps because most of the tracks here are now current where when I started the site it was more Yesterland. I'm a fan of hearing the attractions that no longer exist. Anyways, as a result, I find myself skipping tracks on when in the car. Then, Nature's Wonderland came on. I listened to the entire thing. There's something about the "feel" of it that makes me believe the attraction is genuine and not something that's forced down my throat with branding or character tie-ins.

Today, I came across this post over a Imagineering Disney. It's all about Nature's Wonderland. If you've been curious about the history of this track read about it over at Imagineering Disney.

http://www.imagineeringdisney.com/blog/ ... art-1.html
Join our chat in Discord: https://discord.gg/zw5by3z

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Re: Nature's Wonderland

Post by Amy » Jun Wed 16, 2010 1:04 pm

Very cool article you found subsonic ~ thanks for sharing! I have always liked this attraction's ride thru track as well :D
I always thought the geyser grotto music was from something else until I heard it attributed to Mine Train Thru Nature's Wonderland

MmeLeota
Pack Mules Wrangler
Pack Mules Wrangler

Post by MmeLeota » Jun Wed 16, 2010 3:19 pm

That's an amazing article Subsonic! I will have to go back and check out the audio/video later, but wow! :D

I can only dream of what the attraction was like. It was before my time and I have taken my knowledge of BTMRR & pictures I have seen and applied it to the recording of the attraction to try and recreate it in my mind. The more I hear the audio, the more appreciation I have for it and wish that we still had it today.

subsonic
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by subsonic » Jun Tue 22, 2010 11:30 am

What's interesting to me is how much space Nature's Wonderland covered. Like all of that back area in Frontierland :) I wish the majority of the world wasn't so simple minded and seeking a "thrill" because I'd like to see more Haunted Mansions, Pirates of the Caribbean, Nature's Wonderland, Horizons, World of Motions, and the like.

Mousekedude
Haunted Mansion Butler
Haunted Mansion Butler
Location: At Serenity Bay, on Castaway Cay again... I wish... :(

Post by Mousekedude » Jun Tue 22, 2010 11:58 am

Wow, after all this I really feel like I missed out! It was way before my time (in the sense of when I first went to Disney), so there's a lot of things I never got to see. Now I'm all depressed.... :cry:

imaginationcelebration
Snow White's Adventures Gem Miner
Location: Somewhere in a galaxy far, far, away from someplace else

Post by imaginationcelebration » Jun Tue 22, 2010 6:52 pm

I love that track. The link to the blog doesn't appear to work any more, what was the main points of the article?
Last edited by imaginationcelebration on Jun Tue 29, 2010 7:29 pm, edited 2 times in total.

subsonic
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by subsonic » Jun Wed 23, 2010 10:01 am

imaginationcelebration wrote:I love that track. The link to the blog doesn't appear to work any more, what was the main points of the article?
I fixed the link.

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Jun Wed 23, 2010 2:47 pm

subsonic wrote:What's interesting to me is how much space Nature's Wonderland covered. Like all of that back area in Frontierland :) I wish the majority of the world wasn't so simple minded and seeking a "thrill" because I'd like to see more Haunted Mansions, Pirates of the Caribbean, Nature's Wonderland, Horizons, World of Motions, and the like.
Me too! My Mom is no longer able to ride the thrill rides...ok, she never rode them before either, but that does seem to be all they build anymore is for the thrill-seekers. It would be nice to have more rides that require a little imagination :D

MmeLeota
Pack Mules Wrangler
Pack Mules Wrangler

Post by MmeLeota » Jun Wed 23, 2010 6:32 pm

Amy wrote:
subsonic wrote:What's interesting to me is how much space Nature's Wonderland covered. Like all of that back area in Frontierland :) I wish the majority of the world wasn't so simple minded and seeking a "thrill" because I'd like to see more Haunted Mansions, Pirates of the Caribbean, Nature's Wonderland, Horizons, World of Motions, and the like.
Me too! My Mom is no longer able to ride the thrill rides...ok, she never rode them before either, but that does seem to be all they build anymore is for the thrill-seekers. It would be nice to have more rides that require a little imagination :D
I agree. I want to be able to see all the details that go into an attraction, not speed by so fast that I can't process what I've just seen. I really love the attractions where there is so much going on that you always see something new. Case in point, HM. There are so many scenes (especially in the graveyard) that you can always spot something new or in the ballroom or the attic, it's easy for an Imagineer to slip something in under your nose. I like the subtle changes...even if I have to have someone point them out to me first. :D

imaginationcelebration
Location: Somewhere in a galaxy far, far, away from someplace else

Post by imaginationcelebration » Jun Tue 29, 2010 7:31 pm

subsonic wrote:
imaginationcelebration wrote:I love that track. The link to the blog doesn't appear to work any more, what was the main points of the article?
I fixed the link.
Thanks Sub, what a great blog. I agree, it's amazing to see the size of it and the changes. I really enjoyed reading and listening to everything that was on it. Thanks for the link! :ccat: