Forum/Membership Email Issues

Current News

Moderator: Moderators

rdeacon
Santa Fe & Disneyland Railroad Engineer

Forum/Membership Email Issues

Post by rdeacon » Mar Wed 04, 2009 5:06 pm

The forums/new member registrations have been having some email issues the last few days. We are working to correct these errors. I believe the issues should be almost fully corrected, with some straggling issues here and there. If you are experiencing some issues let us know, by responding to this post or dropping into chat.

Thanks

Team SR
"It's kind of fun to do the impossible.."
Walt Disney

[img]http://www.rdeacon.com/img/banners/bar/SR_admin_adv.jpg[/img]
[img]http://rdeacon.com/img/banners/bar/SR_monkey_adv.jpg[/img]

Mousekedude
Haunted Mansion Butler
Haunted Mansion Butler
Location: At Serenity Bay, on Castaway Cay again... I wish... :(

Post by Mousekedude » Oct Sat 03, 2009 8:52 pm

Ummmm..... how is a person supposed to respond to this post if they are having issues? Case in point, a family member of mine signed up a new account, and it took almost two weeks to get the email to activate the new account. I sent emails myself on their behalf to try and get something done, and finally you guys activated the new account manually so they could start posting and requesting tracks. Guess what? The activation email arrived two days later!
As Yoda would say, "How embarrassing.... how embarrassing...!"
:?
For the record, though, I and my whole family love this site. A few technical glitches here and there are understandable... :mrgreen:

Len90
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Len90 » Oct Sat 03, 2009 10:08 pm

Mousekedude wrote:Ummmm..... how is a person supposed to respond to this post if they are having issues? Case in point, a family member of mine signed up a new account, and it took almost two weeks to get the email to activate the new account. I sent emails myself on their behalf to try and get something done, and finally you guys activated the new account manually so they could start posting and requesting tracks. Guess what? The activation email arrived two days later!
As Yoda would say, "How embarrassing.... how embarrassing...!"
:?
For the record, though, I and my whole family love this site. A few technical glitches here and there are understandable... :mrgreen:
It might not actually be the site causing that but rather the e-mail account. I know my optonline account was rejecting their emails out of nowhere. I had to switch to my gmail account to receive emails from the site. I believe AIM was also on the list. Technology is just tuff to figure out... it can just stop working out of the blue.
- Len90
"If you can dream it, you can do it. Always remember that this whole thing was started with a dream and a mouse."
"Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday, tomorrow, and fantasy"

mindflipper
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by mindflipper » Oct Sun 04, 2009 12:38 am

Len90 is right. That's why you need to have more than one e-mail account with a different e-mail system. Each system updates it spam filters all the time, and sometimes some item in an e-mail can get caught up by the spam filters. I have this problem at work all the time. I can get e-mails with regularity and then suddenly one day have it stopped because the spam filter got updated with some new rule that's rejecting what was an acceptable e-mail.

I had no problems joining the Subsonic. Many people haven't. Sometimes it is technical problems can be on your end without realizing it - technology, believe or not, is not perfect. Be patient and be polite.

rdeacon

Post by rdeacon » Oct Sun 04, 2009 12:16 pm

Granted if they can't get the response email its an issue, but most times its due to spam filters etc. That is why we have chat, or even IM. This way you can reach us and not depend on email.

Its not a perfect system, granted but there are ways to have the account activated.

Rich
"It's kind of fun to do the impossible.."
Walt Disney

[img]http://www.rdeacon.com/img/banners/bar/SR_admin_adv.jpg[/img]
[img]http://rdeacon.com/img/banners/bar/SR_monkey_adv.jpg[/img]

Mousekedude
Haunted Mansion Butler
Haunted Mansion Butler
Location: At Serenity Bay, on Castaway Cay again... I wish... :(

Post by Mousekedude » Oct Sun 04, 2009 8:50 pm

Well, thanks everyone for the feedback. I don't think it was the email account, though. We all have the same I.S.P. and email, and that's the first one any of us ever had that problem with. I never thought of suggesting the chat or IM to them, though. Oops. Must be old age....
:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: