Subsonic Radio 5th Anniv. Disneyland Meet Conclusion!!!

Current News

Moderator: Moderators

subsonic
Site Admin
Site Admin

Subsonic Radio 5th Anniv. Disneyland Meet Conclusion!!!

Post by subsonic » Feb Mon 09, 2009 12:28 pm

Whew, what a weekend! Subsonic Radio's 5th Anniversary, or DL5 to the regulars, was, in my eyes, a huge success! Total, we had about 20 people show up over the two days. More than I expected. The most amazing part was everybody was laid back and social. Despite the weather forecast we encountered very little rain over the weekend, it was mostly sunny.

We will get pictures up as soon as we recover. And does someone want to take the task of continuing ravenscroft's trip report?

I want to thank everybody who showed up to make DL5 truly memorable for me.

bhead88 (and brother Wayne)
ravenscroft (and brother Kyle and friend Steve)
Akyriel
happyfunball
koneko
Josh Q (and friends)
soflotkit
elizabethswan
billville
bluebayougirl
sockfire
Davy Jones (and friends)
Harbor House

I think that's everybody!

Hmm...

I'm going to get a little heart felt here. I didn't plan on writing this but I feel this post is closing the chapter known as DL5. An event I've been planning on for quite some time now. I feel sad now.

I spend Friday night and a full Saturday and Sunday in the parks with a bunch of Disney freaks. We ranged from drinking and riding Space Mountain buzzed (okay just me) on Friday to sitting at the French Quarter for our final dinner on Sunday. Socialization ranged from deep Disney park discussions to pointing out cute Cast Members. I went to sleep late and woke up early, did miles of walking, yet didn't feel tired until the very last hour. Seeing people with the DL5 shirts made me so proud that I run Subsonic Radio.

It's simply amazing to think there are such a great bunch of people on this site that traveled from all over the country; From five hour flights to ten hour drives, and some just across the street. I will never forget this weekend. Thank you again everybody!

Subsonic
...and to the people I've met...
Adam
Last edited by subsonic on Feb Mon 09, 2009 12:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Join our chat in Discord: https://discord.gg/zw5by3z

subsonic
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by subsonic » Feb Mon 09, 2009 12:31 pm

From ravenscroft:

So as many of you know the Subsonic DL5 is going on and many of you REALLY want to know what is going on. Well I have some time to post right now so I am going to give you all a little update. This isn't going to be long but I do have pictures, oh and I will also update again later too.

We started out at noon as was our agreed upon time, and Subsonic of course was fashionably late.....:) then went went into Disneyland and went directly to IASW, just so you know I will be using abbreviations from now on for the rides, then we went to eat at Rancho el Zocalo, then went to BTMR since we were right next to it. After BTMR we decided to hit POTC, Indy, and SM all in a row. We took a photo in front of the Castle then went to the castle walk-through. After this we decided to head over to DCA and we went directly to Blue Sky Cellar then we did TSM, Soarin, went to Tot but the wait was too long so we went back to DL and ate dinner at Red Rockett's Pizza Port.

This is when I left, but as of this writing I am planning on returning to the parks. Actually in about 10 minutes. I will post again after I get back to the room tonight.[/quote]

subsonic
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by subsonic » Feb Mon 09, 2009 12:32 pm

From Davy Jones:

Just got back! Thank you so much, Sub! You are an awesome guy! It was nice to meet your adorable family and share a trip on the new Small World.

Here's iasw before our ride. It looks rather stormy, but the weather was mostly good. Just a bit of drizzle.

Harbor House (left) and me (DavyJones) contemplating iasw from the outside and feeling a bit of trepidation for what's to come by way of Disney characters infiltrating a classic.

Lastly, Mike (not a Subsonic junkie like myself) and me in DCA enjoying one of my favorite spots.

disneydreamer58
PeopleMover People Mover
PeopleMover People Mover

Post by disneydreamer58 » Feb Mon 09, 2009 2:27 pm

I wonder how many new listeners you will get Sub, from everyone seeing your T-shirts this weekend!?
"A Very Merry Un-Birthday To You!"

elizabethswann
Pirates of the Caribbean Buccaneer

Post by elizabethswann » Feb Mon 09, 2009 3:16 pm

I was so glad to be apart of this meet even if it was for a brief moment. I hope to be able to go to the next one soon! It was a lot of fun meeting those that attended along with meeting the legendary Subsonic himself.

sockfire
Shooting Galleries Gun Cleaner
Shooting Galleries Gun Cleaner

Post by sockfire » Feb Mon 09, 2009 3:35 pm

Yes, it was fun to see everyone. Looking forward to the next meet 8-)

I'd post pictures, but all of mine were of my daughter. I know lots of people were taking pictures though...

IllumiNationsNJ
King Arthur Carousel Horseman
King Arthur Carousel Horseman

Post by IllumiNationsNJ » Feb Mon 09, 2009 5:38 pm

Great post. I'm so glad you all had fun.

Steven

horizons1
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by horizons1 » Feb Mon 09, 2009 5:48 pm

I wish I could've been there!

Sub, how can you say "The most amazing part was everybody was laid back and social." ?? We're Disney nuts. Those are our defining characteristics!
No one's gloomy or complaining while the flatware's entertaining.

slotofkit
Mike Fink Keel Boats Boatswain
Mike Fink Keel Boats Boatswain

Post by slotofkit » Feb Mon 09, 2009 5:56 pm

Thanks again for having the meet and greet! I had fun, even though I only got to be there for a little while on Saturday. Perhaps this could be an annual event?
--------------------------------------------
"It's a tribute to all nations but mostly America"
-Sam the Eagle
Muppet Vision 3D

piratepauly
Main Street Horse Car Coachman
Main Street Horse Car Coachman

Post by piratepauly » Feb Mon 09, 2009 6:48 pm

It's great to hear that it was such a success! I'm sorry I couldn't make the event, but it sounds like everyone had a blast! Thank you again for running SubSonic! :mrgreen:

MintJulepRoo
Fantasyland Theater Projectionist
Fantasyland Theater Projectionist

Post by MintJulepRoo » Feb Mon 09, 2009 7:09 pm

Just spoke with Bluebayougirl an hour ago. She had great things to say about everyone. Now I just have to deal with her bragging that she got to go and I didn't. :P LOL JK Sounds like it was a blast! Thank goodness I'm going to DLR in May or I'd be depressed!
"I'm not spongin for rum! It be gold I'm after!"

agingerbugg
PeopleMover People Mover
PeopleMover People Mover

Post by agingerbugg » Feb Mon 09, 2009 7:16 pm

slotofkit wrote:Perhaps this could be an annual event?
Annual would work, I could start saving now for DL6. Or we could do WDW5.5, say around September have meet on the East Coast, uh uh?
They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.

-Benjamin Franklin

elizabethswann

Post by elizabethswann » Feb Mon 09, 2009 7:22 pm

slotofkit wrote:Perhaps this could be an annual event?
I would love for it to be an annual event. On the banner on the homepage, it says there's another meet in eleven months so my guess is that they're preparing for the next one.

Hope
Horseless Carriage Chauffeur
Horseless Carriage Chauffeur

DL5

Post by Hope » Feb Mon 09, 2009 9:25 pm

I had a great time at Disneyland meeting everyone on Saturday. I can't wait for the next meet.

packwingfn
Skyway Loader
Skyway Loader

Post by packwingfn » Feb Mon 09, 2009 10:52 pm

Please have a WDW Meet and I will be there defnitely!
I know this is probably your first flight...and it's mine too...ha, ha

Rain upon that planet Earth. And they rain ... and rain ... and rain. The deluge.