Server Down

Current News

Moderator: Moderators

js3901
Matterhorn Bobsleds Climber

Post by js3901 » Mar Sun 06, 2005 6:22 pm

I've noticed it's been very dead as well. even as far as new members joining up (mainly for the requests). you'd think that forum activity would be large due to no requests - that way everyone can get more points to request more stuff when the server is back up and running...
"And please do not sit on the floor. My studies show you can't experience time travel on the floor. and it's not a pretty picture in those shorts" - The Timekeeper

Site Admin, WDW Freak

eagle4life69
Rocket Jets Flight Director
Rocket Jets Flight Director

Post by eagle4life69 » Mar Mon 07, 2005 9:57 am

it seems that people aren't even connected. I think that when sub get everything back up and running he needs to send out a mass e-mail letting everyone know the site is back to normal

Disneynut
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider

Post by Disneynut » Mar Mon 07, 2005 11:07 am

subsonic wrote:There's nothing I can do. I tried calling again and I got the same answer. What sucks even more is, I know it's not going to be fixed by then. They said "Call back if it's not fixed by the 8th". They are going to come look at the building, they won't see anything in the box, and then leave. I really hate stuff like this because I feel so helpless. I live in an apartment so I can't even trouble shoot.
Call again Sub, squeaky wheel gets oiled! :P

subsonic
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by subsonic » Mar Mon 07, 2005 11:16 am

I'll bug them after Tomorrow
Join our chat in Discord: https://discord.gg/zw5by3z

disneydreamer58
PeopleMover People Mover
PeopleMover People Mover

Customer Service

Post by disneydreamer58 » Mar Mon 07, 2005 4:22 pm

My company installs HSIA in hotels across the US, and if some thing goes out, WE JUMP on it! Too bad the rest of the IT companies don't give a rats A**! We do web design, etc, and if the customer is not happy or if our mail server is acting up, WE JUMP! ha ha, call it office calisthenics! Now if only I could lose a few pounds....ha ha ha

rich
Fantasyland Theater Projectionist
Fantasyland Theater Projectionist

Re: Customer Service

Post by rich » Mar Tue 08, 2005 8:50 am

bostoncg wrote:My company installs HSIA in hotels across the US, and if some thing goes out, WE JUMP on it! Too bad the rest of the IT companies don't give a rats A**! We do web design, etc, and if the customer is not happy or if our mail server is acting up, WE JUMP! ha ha, call it office calisthenics! Now if only I could lose a few pounds....ha ha ha
You'd think with all that JUMPing a few pounds would be no problem.

w00t! It's the 8th, I'm gonna hold my breath and wait for the repairs!

disneydreamer58
PeopleMover People Mover
PeopleMover People Mover

Post by disneydreamer58 » Mar Tue 08, 2005 8:57 am

:lol: maybe cause there are more than a "few" that need to go....hee hee
how did you copy and paste my post into your post? I may work for an IT company, but I do billing, and project coordination...... I am not very technically inclined :wink:

wallerman8

Post by wallerman8 » Mar Tue 08, 2005 10:08 am

bostoncg wrote::lol: maybe cause there are more than a "few" that need to go....hee hee
how did you copy and paste my post into your post? I may work for an IT company, but I do billing, and project coordination...... I am not very technically inclined :wink:
Hit the "quote button in the upper right corner of the post. Lets all get together and pray, hope or what ever you do that Sub radio gets back up. :D

chrdrm2

Re: Server Down

Post by chrdrm2 » Mar Tue 08, 2005 11:02 am

subsonic wrote:Some of you may have noticed that requests are not working and the server is on backup. I wasn't home during the weekend and come back to find out my phone line is dead. No phone line = No DSL = No Server. The phone company has to send someone out. I'm guessing that because there is remodeling going on next door someone cut the line or the phone company messed the wiring up in the punch box.

I don't know how long the downtime will last.

Besides having Subsonic Radio down I won't have internet access at home! UGH.
Hey Sub Chrdrm2 here Miss your site man hopefully everything gets up and running soon here. dont you hate contracters that screw everything up. Thanks for all you do sub hope to hear from you soon loyal listner chrdrm2[/quote]

subsonic
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by subsonic » Mar Tue 08, 2005 11:48 am

subsonic wrote:There's nothing I can do. I tried calling again and I got the same answer. What sucks even more is, I know it's not going to be fixed by then. They said "Call back if it's not fixed by the 8th". They are going to come look at the building, they won't see anything in the box, and then leave. I really hate stuff like this because I feel so helpless. I live in an apartment so I can't even trouble shoot.
So what this means is that today, I find out if they can fix it or not. And it will be NOT. So then I'll call again and tell them nothing was fixed. I'll also be able to bug my manager about it. But it won't be up after today.
Join our chat in Discord: https://discord.gg/zw5by3z

disneydreamer58
PeopleMover People Mover
PeopleMover People Mover

I will keep my fingers and toes crossed for you!

Post by disneydreamer58 » Mar Tue 08, 2005 2:36 pm

Good Luck Sub! I will hope, pray, wish and cross everything that you can get someone to get this back online for you! I imagine you are past the frustrated stage by now! Hang in there!!

Darren
Swiss Family Treehouse Guide
Swiss Family Treehouse Guide

Post by Darren » Mar Tue 08, 2005 7:48 pm

Other than requestable music, I'm missing the Chat Stats. :cry:

wallerman8

Post by wallerman8 » Mar Tue 08, 2005 7:51 pm

Darren wrote:Other than requestable music, I'm missing the Chat Stats. :cry:
I Agree

js3901

Post by js3901 » Mar Fri 11, 2005 2:41 am

just out of curiousity, are Chip and Dale running the backup server? between almost every song it sounds like they're fighting or something. Also, occasionally the stream seems to skip a bit between songs.

Sub, just keep putting pressure on the phone company to get the line back ASAP. If you call and complain every day, something will happen (and you'll probaly be able to get some credits to your phone account if you complain hard enough to someone high up).
"And please do not sit on the floor. My studies show you can't experience time travel on the floor. and it's not a pretty picture in those shorts" - The Timekeeper

Site Admin, WDW Freak

G2-4T
Columbia Sailing Ship Admiral
Columbia Sailing Ship Admiral

Post by G2-4T » Mar Fri 11, 2005 11:37 am

Yeah - keep ragging on them, they will get sick of you and just fix it [it works, I've had to do it...]. And you really should be getting credit back for the down time, quite a bit if you start beefing to them enough.
Please Stand Clear of the Doors
Por favor mantenganse alejado de las puertas

[url=http://peopleforthepeoplemover.org][img]http://www.tc.umn.edu/~rrclubum/peoplemover.gif[/img][/url]

See it today! [url=http://backsideofwater.blogspot.com/]The Backside of Water[/url]