Server Down

Current News

Moderator: Moderators

subsonic
Site Admin
Site Admin

Server Down

Post by subsonic » Feb Mon 28, 2005 12:33 pm

Some of you may have noticed that requests are not working and the server is on backup. I wasn't home during the weekend and come back to find out my phone line is dead. No phone line = No DSL = No Server. The phone company has to send someone out. I'm guessing that because there is remodeling going on next door someone cut the line or the phone company messed the wiring up in the punch box.

I don't know how long the downtime will last.

Besides having Subsonic Radio down I won't have internet access at home! UGH.
Join our chat in Discord: https://discord.gg/zw5by3z

wallerman8

Post by wallerman8 » Feb Mon 28, 2005 12:48 pm

Sorry about that Sub. Hope to see it back up soon. Besides just enjoy the time off of sorts. :wink:

subsonic
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by subsonic » Feb Mon 28, 2005 12:51 pm

Oh, I'm still working on the site. I have been close to every day for an hour or so. It's that the changes aren't seen or up yet.

disneydreamer58
PeopleMover People Mover
PeopleMover People Mover

Hawaii

Post by disneydreamer58 » Feb Mon 28, 2005 2:41 pm

Sub, come on, you know you are basking on the beach in Hawaii 8)
ha ha just joking!

Good luck if you are waiting on the phone company :?

eagle4life69
Rocket Jets Flight Director
Rocket Jets Flight Director

Post by eagle4life69 » Feb Mon 28, 2005 4:26 pm

No I think he forgot to pay the phone bill lol :lol: JK

Does the back-up play differnt songs than what is from Here? I thought I heard some great comedians but never seen them on the main server Just wondering. Sub take a look at my site I made a tribute to Subsonic and it automaitcly plays the server I think its cool.

My Web Page

disneydreamer58
PeopleMover People Mover
PeopleMover People Mover

Post by disneydreamer58 » Feb Mon 28, 2005 4:38 pm

I think the phone company should give him a credit for our inconvenience of not being able to make requests! Yah, like that'll happen!!
I heard the one comedian this morning, but didn't like it. Sorry call me old fashion but the cursing to me doesn't have a place on the Disney site. I think Uncle Walt would be turning over in his grave! But that is just my opinion, and I respect it very highly :D LOL

subsonic
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by subsonic » Feb Mon 28, 2005 4:41 pm

I removed it from my playlist, but it looks like the stuff I sent to Disneyfan2 had it on there. I'll ask him to remove it.

disneydreamer58
PeopleMover People Mover
PeopleMover People Mover

Post by disneydreamer58 » Feb Mon 28, 2005 5:07 pm

Don't get me wrong, if I was at home and it was on cable I would watch/listen to it in an adult attendance atmosphere. It was funny, but it would have been just as funny if the bad words weren't in there. But when I am here at work listening to Subsonic and my boss was to hear that, I think he would be a tad upset with me :cry: and if my small kids wanted to listen to Sub and it came on, I wouldn't be a happy camper about it.
Sorry, don't want to cause problems just cause I am so opinionated .. ha ha

wallerman8

Post by wallerman8 » Feb Mon 28, 2005 5:50 pm

Well I honestly can't wait to hear week five. So I hope it is back up soon :D

pgreger

Post by pgreger » Feb Mon 28, 2005 6:38 pm

bostoncg wrote:Don't get me wrong, if I was at home and it was on cable I would watch/listen to it in an adult attendance atmosphere. It was funny, but it would have been just as funny if the bad words weren't in there. But when I am here at work listening to Subsonic and my boss was to hear that, I think he would be a tad upset with me :cry: and if my small kids wanted to listen to Sub and it came on, I wouldn't be a happy camper about it.
Sorry, don't want to cause problems just cause I am so opinionated .. ha ha
Not at all. We actually had a discussion about that track a while back and as Subsonic said, he ended up removing it from the playlist. Basically, for the same concerns that you have. Unfortunately, the track still exists on the backup server which is running now because Subsonic's phone line went down. Subsonic is all about keeping the "Disney" family friendly vibe here on Subsonic Radio.

disneyfan2
King Arthur Carousel Horseman
King Arthur Carousel Horseman

Post by disneyfan2 » Mar Tue 01, 2005 9:12 am

Track Removed!

subsonic
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by subsonic » Mar Tue 01, 2005 1:02 pm

Cussing is fun though!

wallerman8

Post by wallerman8 » Mar Tue 01, 2005 3:47 pm

well on another note I hope you get back up soon. It has got to be bad not having a phone at the house.

pgreger

Post by pgreger » Mar Tue 01, 2005 5:04 pm

wallerman8 wrote:well on another note I hope you get back up soon. It has got to be bad not having a phone at the house.
Probably uses his cell at home more than the land line anyways... What's the cable modem situation like in LA? Could it be time to go cable modem & cell phone exclusively and dump the phone company??? :wink:

***I'm not one to talk... having all 3: cable modem, cell phone and land line***

subsonic
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by subsonic » Mar Tue 01, 2005 5:58 pm

now if I could just get FIOS.