Happy Halloween!!!!

Current News

Moderator: Moderators

elizabethswann
Pirates of the Caribbean Buccaneer
Pirates of the Caribbean Buccaneer

Post by elizabethswann » Nov Sun 02, 2008 1:31 pm

disneylandmom wrote:Is anybody else stuck with a bunch of leftover candy? We had a good Halloween with great weather so I made sure we had plenty of candy but we just didn't have that many trick or treaters and now I have a big bowl of leftover candy. It just seems like each year less and less kids go out to trick or treat. Anybody else notice this?
In the beginning we didn't get very many but towards the middle and the end of the night we started to get a rush. We still have a lot of candy leftover and I think it's because our neighborhood is more secluded since we don't have many children around.

agingerbugg
PeopleMover People Mover
PeopleMover People Mover

Post by agingerbugg » Nov Sun 02, 2008 1:50 pm

disneylandmom wrote:Is anybody else stuck with a bunch of leftover candy? We had a good Halloween with great weather so I made sure we had plenty of candy but we just didn't have that many trick or treaters and now I have a big bowl of leftover candy. It just seems like each year less and less kids go out to trick or treat. Anybody else notice this?
I know last year we had a lot fewer kids trick or treating because Halloween was on a Thursday, but this year we had a good turnout. I know that there are more organizations holding "safe" events for kids, which is taking them from the door to door thing. There is a church at the entrance to my neighborhood that does a huge Halloween "fam jam" that draws people from all over town; there were four families right on my block that went there in lieu of staying in the neighborhood to trick or treat.
They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.

-Benjamin Franklin

Jacca5660
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Jacca5660 » Nov Sun 02, 2008 8:51 pm

elizabethswann wrote:
In the beginning we didn't get very many but towards the middle and the end of the night we started to get a rush. We still have a lot of candy leftover and I think it's because our neighborhood is more secluded since we don't have many children around.
I don't know, but I think a lot of kids go to trunk or treats. Our church and quite a few others have them here. It's a lot safer for the kids and much more convenient for the parents. The kids get candy in a safe environment and we get to see friends.
"Our dreams can come true - if we have the courage to pursue them" WED

"There's a fine prow on that steamer, let's climb aboard her!" Fireside

"You're off the map mateys..Here there be SeaMonsters!!"

The original "LICENSE MAYHEM MARAUDER!!ImageImage

Breton
Mad Tea Party Host
Mad Tea Party Host

Post by Breton » Nov Tue 04, 2008 2:13 am

When will this feed switch to christmas music?

cousininmiami
Davy Crockett's Explorer Canoes Guide
Davy Crockett's Explorer Canoes Guide

Post by cousininmiami » Nov Tue 04, 2008 12:35 pm

Yes, we have a lot of extra candy as well! But we use everything to decorate our annual gingerbread house... it takes weeks to finish. I will start on the village this weekend!
°o° "...it's a great big beautiful tomorrow, shining at the end of every day" °o°

disneylandmom
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider

Post by disneylandmom » Nov Tue 04, 2008 12:57 pm

cousininmiami wrote:Yes, we have a lot of extra candy as well! But we use everything to decorate our annual gingerbread house... it takes weeks to finish. I will start on the village this weekend!
Now that's a great idea! I never thought of using it for the gingerbread house.

sherabby
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider

Post by sherabby » Nov Tue 04, 2008 1:33 pm

Breton wrote:When will this feed switch to christmas music?
Right after Thanksgiving.

js3901
Matterhorn Bobsleds Climber
Matterhorn Bobsleds Climber

Post by js3901 » Nov Thu 06, 2008 2:07 am

Breton wrote:When will this feed switch to christmas music?
as stated in this thread, the Holiday stream will return on the day after Thanksgiving.
"And please do not sit on the floor. My studies show you can't experience time travel on the floor. and it's not a pretty picture in those shorts" - The Timekeeper

Site Admin, WDW Freak

wiwdwfan
Fire Engine Driver
Fire Engine Driver

Post by wiwdwfan » Nov Tue 11, 2008 10:38 am

Thanks so much for the Holloween music. It definately put in the right frame of mind. Now that it has past how about making the holiday music channel with a christmas theme?

I do not know about other people but I do think it will cut down on the request queue around this time of year. What do you think?

packwingfn
Skyway Loader
Skyway Loader

Post by packwingfn » Nov Tue 11, 2008 11:24 am

There is another post somewhere else that says that the Christmas stream will be playing after Thanksgiving.
I know this is probably your first flight...and it's mine too...ha, ha

Rain upon that planet Earth. And they rain ... and rain ... and rain. The deluge.

subsonic
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by subsonic » Nov Tue 11, 2008 12:32 pm

My Haunted house pictures are up:
http://www.ghostsofhalloween.com/
Join our chat in Discord: https://discord.gg/zw5by3z

bluebayougirl
Dumbo Flying Elephants Tamer
Dumbo Flying Elephants Tamer

Post by bluebayougirl » Nov Tue 11, 2008 10:36 pm

WOW, now I feel like I am chin-sie with my halloween decorations. Nice pix sub, and your baby is so cute! :) - blue
You say wicked - like it's a bad thing!

subsonic
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by subsonic » Nov Wed 12, 2008 11:58 am

I've always disliked the "cutesy" Halloween decorations. So, I build my own. :)
Join our chat in Discord: https://discord.gg/zw5by3z