3rd Week Of Magic - Adventureland Part 2

Current News

Moderator: Moderators

subsonic
Site Admin
Site Admin

3rd Week Of Magic - Adventureland Part 2

Post by subsonic » Feb Mon 14, 2005 12:12 am

The 2nd part of Adventureland fills up with the back half of Adventureland. Another Jungle Cruise Spiel, Indiana Jones Adventure, and some Treehouse music.

01 jungle cruise (kevin)
02 aladdins other lamp new remix
03 indiana jones adventure
04 swiss family treehouse
05 tarzans treehouse area loop remix
05 tarzan's treehouse area loop
Join our chat in Discord: https://discord.gg/zw5by3z

disneydreamer58
PeopleMover People Mover
PeopleMover People Mover

Post by disneydreamer58 » Feb Mon 14, 2005 4:14 pm

I haven't been on the Jungle Cruise in forever......are the cast members as fun as the "old school" ones...........showing my age here, I am talking like 20 years ago..........hee hee :shock:
I like the tree house music. Still liked it better as the Swiss Family Treehouse! Gee, I sure don't seem to like change very much, at least when it comes to my DISNEY!!!
Happy Valentines Day Sub & Everyone!
~Claudia~

Lion Sleeps Tonight
Rocket Jets Flight Director

Post by Lion Sleeps Tonight » Feb Mon 14, 2005 4:28 pm

Cool, can't wait to hear it! Adventureland has some of the coolest sfx.

When it comes to the Jungle Cruise, i actually laugh at most of the jokes, because cheesy is amusing to me.
"A pirate in irons be full o' guile.
And the blackest 'art wears the broadest smile."

Oh, and "Welcome Home."

subsonic
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by subsonic » Feb Tue 15, 2005 11:45 am

bostoncg wrote:Still liked it better as the Swiss Family Treehouse! Gee, I sure don't seem to like change very much, at least when it comes to my DISNEY!!!
Happy Valentines Day Sub & Everyone!
~Claudia~
Thanks, Happy post Valentine's day.

I agree, I don't like it when they "update" old attractions to a whole other theme. I used to like walking through the Swiss Family Treehouse. Now, I don't walk through Tarzan's. If they feel compelled to change the theme of an attraction they should do it like Haunted Mansion. Only change the theme for several months.

eagle4life69

Post by eagle4life69 » Feb Tue 15, 2005 12:09 pm

they should have there guest vote on it. Then they could do a whole Ad series on whether or not to change it.

subsonic
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by subsonic » Feb Tue 15, 2005 12:48 pm

I agree, guests should have more input. I read something interesting in an article.

Castmembers conduct surveys on guests leaving the parks. They walk around with computer pads and ask questions.

On of them was, "Would you come back to Disneyland to ride Pirate's of the Caribbean again?" Most people answered, "yes". While the same question was asked about Winnie the Pooh attraction which was answered, "No."

What Matt Ouimet realized is that new isn't better. It's quality. How is it that an attraction decades old still attracts crowds yet a new attraction like Pooh doesn't? Disney doesn't think long term anymore. My theory on why attractions like HM and POTC do so well is because there is so much detail crammed into them that you see something new everytime. In Pirates, the whole room is filled with moving animatronics. While Pooh only one or two characters move in a room.

eagle4life69

Post by eagle4life69 » Feb Tue 15, 2005 12:51 pm

I think another reason is the same for having this site. I never remember pooh from my childhood but HM or POTC or Even one as far out as IASW now thats why we love those. Our Childhood

jpsevil
Main Street Cinema Projectionist
Main Street Cinema Projectionist

Post by jpsevil » Feb Tue 15, 2005 5:42 pm

subsonic wrote:Disney doesn't think long term anymore.
I agree. I think this is a problem that Disney, and many other companies, have...short-term fixes for long-term problems. I was never a big fan of the Treehouse at WDW, but I know it is a favorite of many.

I really do like this week's Retrospective though! Thanks subsonic.