Deacon on Disney - Perfection

Current News

Moderator: Moderators

rdeacon
Santa Fe & Disneyland Railroad Engineer
Santa Fe & Disneyland Railroad Engineer

Deacon on Disney - Perfection

Post by rdeacon » Apr Tue 29, 2008 6:41 am

As I wait I in the lovely Orlando Airport, with a 3-hour delay to sit out, I am having great memories of yesterday. Yesterday I was in the Magic Kingdom, soaking up the sites, sounds and smells. As I walked around the park it became apparent why the Magic Kingdom is so superior and thus more successful then the other parks. The MK is the complete package. It has complete themeing of all lands, rides for all ages, and mostly a sense of wonder. Now I might be biased but no other park has all of these qualities, at least for me they don't.
Epcot has a sense of wonder but falls short in themeing and rides. Animal Kingdom has terrific themeing but lacks the magic feel of the MK. DHS has a nice mixture of rides, but the themeing is in consistent and is Boring.
Next time you are in the Magic Kingdom slow down and enjoy its spender, marvel in its wonder. It truly is a magical place!

Rich

PS I would like to thank the Orlando Airport for free wi-hi. :)
PSS sorry for the short post today. While the iTouch is sweet its not the best for typing ;)
Last edited by rdeacon on Apr Tue 29, 2008 2:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"It's kind of fun to do the impossible.."
Walt Disney

[img]http://www.rdeacon.com/img/banners/bar/SR_admin_adv.jpg[/img]
[img]http://rdeacon.com/img/banners/bar/SR_monkey_adv.jpg[/img]

Joe90
Shooting Galleries Gun Cleaner
Shooting Galleries Gun Cleaner

Post by Joe90 » Apr Tue 29, 2008 7:58 am

The simply brilliant 0800 Down Town Disney Check In for those of us with longer Virgin Atlantic flights.

Then spend the whole last Day in MK.
I agree with Rich MK is the most complete overall experience.

Board the flight early evening ready for a snooze after a hard day enjoying yourself.
Last edited by Joe90 on Apr Tue 29, 2008 3:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

cccmouse
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider

Post by cccmouse » Apr Tue 29, 2008 8:21 am

Thank you for the reminder that even in a crowded and hectic place we still need to just slow down and enjoy.

TheCheshireStitch
Great Moments with Mr. Lincoln Usher
Great Moments with Mr. Lincoln Usher

Post by TheCheshireStitch » Apr Tue 29, 2008 11:13 am

i agree 100% with your description of the magic kingdom....definitely my favorite part of wdw.
DVC member SSR, Annual Passholder

Disney pin trading nut!

Hubby and I are Disney fanatics! Visit "the world" 3 times a year. <3

:ccat: :jack: :figment:

boilerbabe
Pack Mules Wrangler
Pack Mules Wrangler

Post by boilerbabe » Apr Tue 29, 2008 12:21 pm

I agree with you Rich, it's the most magical place on Earth that I can think of and my most favorite place to in the world to visit! Thanks for the description, it took me to a happy place today. Now I have to go into work :evil:

I hope you have a safe flight home!

Guy
Mike Fink Keel Boats Boatswain

Post by Guy » Apr Tue 29, 2008 12:41 pm

Ooo this is a very hard one. I really like MK but don't agree with rdeacon's comment about Epcot. I would agree that MK is the magic one of the parks though.

Lion Sleeps Tonight
Rocket Jets Flight Director
Rocket Jets Flight Director

Post by Lion Sleeps Tonight » Apr Tue 29, 2008 7:53 pm

Walking around and soaking the sights of MK, especially on Main Street is a pretty relaxing and entertaining thing to do. My favorite time to do that is after park closing, and watch all the guests walk to the exits or do last minute activities.
"A pirate in irons be full o' guile.
And the blackest 'art wears the broadest smile."

Oh, and "Welcome Home."

Len90
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Len90 » Apr Tue 29, 2008 8:01 pm

It really is magical. However the worst part about it is when you leave for the final time and look back up Main Street at Cinderella Castle. I feel your pain about the airport delay. Two years ago, I had 2.5 hours of sitting there thinking about the past week of fun. It really makes you more upset since it prolongs an already depressing trip back.
- Len90
"If you can dream it, you can do it. Always remember that this whole thing was started with a dream and a mouse."
"Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday, tomorrow, and fantasy"

rmorton50

Post by rmorton50 » Apr Tue 29, 2008 10:32 pm

I have always felt that the Magic Kingdom was the best park in WDW, for me anyway. But I didn't know why. I think you have hit on something, Rich. It's the completeness, the way it involves all of your senses. I like the other parks, but the Magic Kingdom still draws me back to it and I spend more time there than anywhere else. It makes me feel good!
Roger

disneydreamer58
PeopleMover People Mover
PeopleMover People Mover

Post by disneydreamer58 » Apr Wed 30, 2008 8:11 am

Being a DL fan....that is the one thing I enjoy over WDW, is that everything is in one area. (Exception the new park: California Adventure). But the main core and traditional Disney rides are all at DL and you don't have to hop from park to park, it's one stop shopping! You can sit and appreciate the lands and people watch :D without having to leave the park and go to another one.
"A Very Merry Un-Birthday To You!"

DIAC1987
Mad Tea Party Host
Mad Tea Party Host

Post by DIAC1987 » Apr Wed 30, 2008 1:49 pm

To think, even with Magic Kingdom heading a bit downhill, it remains one of the best theme parks you'll ever visit, if not the best. Unlike your average Busch Gardens and Six Flags, it has a little something for everybody, and it never dwells into any extremes. With spectacular fireworks, parades, shows, music, food, and scenery, Magic Kingdom is amazing in itself without the thrill rides. The thrill rides, albeit light, are the icing on the cake.

The most amazing thing about Magic Kingdom is that you can put so much more, you can do so much to the park to improve it to a level of quality even higher than it already has achieved. But, that, ultimately depends on just how much attention the higher-ups in Disney decide to focus on the most successful theme park in the whole world.

Cheshire Cat
Mark Twain Steamboat Captain
Mark Twain Steamboat Captain

Post by Cheshire Cat » Apr Wed 30, 2008 1:54 pm

I think both Magic Kingdom and EPCOT Center came very close to perfection during their time (Only because the idea of perfection kept changing by the time they had acheieved it), but both are headed drastically away from it now. (EPCOT Center may not have had a "theme" like the MK did, but it did have a specific purpose that was carried out with detail. I've gotten that "perfect feeling at both epcot and MK. I can't say the same for DHS or AK.) A little more time and expansion would have probably made MK and epcot perfect, but management changed too quickly. MK has just recently lost its original magic spark for me, although I do remember what that feeling was like and still is like for some people. I just don't see MK as being perfect anymore - or even close to it.

Sometimes I find myself not wanting to leave Liberty Square, Main Street or World Showcase, because that's as close to perfect as the parks come now. If you leave those areas, you run the risk of confronting in-your-face show stopping elements.

MouseMan
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider

Post by MouseMan » May Thu 01, 2008 11:08 am

Great observations and good reminder of why I like MK so much better than the other parks. Epcot, AK, DHS help round out a longer vacation, but if I had only one day at WDW I think I would spend it the Magic Kingdom.

Calypso

Post by Calypso » May Thu 01, 2008 11:36 am

The MK brings all the magic to life. The presence of Walt's influence is everywhere and appeals to the child in all of us. The park brings back memories of my childhood as I witness my daughters create their own memories there. I feel the most connected with it.

josedolfan
Horseless Carriage Chauffeur
Horseless Carriage Chauffeur

Post by josedolfan » May Thu 01, 2008 7:40 pm

:) Thanks for the tip of slowing down. My family and myself enjoy the MK the most but the crowds have become very disheartening. We have visited the parks many times during the past but had not been in a few years. visited the park recently and got there early as the tip board suggested. By mid-day the lines were more than an hour for popular rides and the fast-passes were three to four hours out. There was hardly a place to sit for lunch or just to rest. I think that the parks are still a good value and a fine place to the family for a vacation but have lost a little of the magic.