Deacon on Disney - Annoyed

Current News

Moderator: Moderators

DisBeamer
PeopleMover People Mover
PeopleMover People Mover

Post by DisBeamer » Apr Wed 09, 2008 7:15 pm

lebeau wrote:I had read that too at one point. The most recent rumor I heard at WDWMagic was that they were going to demolish the buildings. Apparently they had been left exposed to the elements too long. I don't remember now if the permits had been filed yet.

I definitely think they need to build something on-property that is affordable for families larger than 4.
Honestly it does make sense to me that they might have to knock them down at this point, depending on what was inside of them already. I would think that the concrete framing they'd done would stand up to 7+ years of neglect but if there was exposed woodwork and stuff ... not so much. That's kind of sickening really. I mean, yes, they look like The Buildings Where You'd Fight Zombies(TM) right now but for them to go so far as to knock them down ... bleh.

I think they'd be onto something to make budget suites. Maybe they'll repurpose the area to do that anyway, even if they do demolish the existing structures. Actually ... I suppose they might -have- to demolish the existing structures to do that if the room layouts wouldn't suit 'suites'. If that was the thinking then I'd be okay with knocking the suckers down (provided something else Disney-owned/designed actually gets built).
~ Caroline

[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v480/atoning_unifex/Caroline%20Gaia/tta.gif[/img]

lebeau
Fantasyland Theater Projectionist
Fantasyland Theater Projectionist

Post by lebeau » Apr Wed 09, 2008 8:50 pm

DisBeamer wrote:
lebeau wrote:I had read that too at one point. The most recent rumor I heard at WDWMagic was that they were going to demolish the buildings. Apparently they had been left exposed to the elements too long. I don't remember now if the permits had been filed yet.

I definitely think they need to build something on-property that is affordable for families larger than 4.
Honestly it does make sense to me that they might have to knock them down at this point, depending on what was inside of them already. I would think that the concrete framing they'd done would stand up to 7+ years of neglect but if there was exposed woodwork and stuff ... not so much. That's kind of sickening really. I mean, yes, they look like The Buildings Where You'd Fight Zombies(TM) right now but for them to go so far as to knock them down ... bleh.

I think they'd be onto something to make budget suites. Maybe they'll repurpose the area to do that anyway, even if they do demolish the existing structures. Actually ... I suppose they might -have- to demolish the existing structures to do that if the room layouts wouldn't suit 'suites'. If that was the thinking then I'd be okay with knocking the suckers down (provided something else Disney-owned/designed actually gets built).
I went back and checked the list of permits to see if one had been filed. Nothing has been, so for now everything is just a rumor.