Now Playing Page Update

Current News

Moderator: Moderators

bbowen13
Great Moments with Mr. Lincoln Usher
Great Moments with Mr. Lincoln Usher

Post by bbowen13 » Oct Thu 18, 2007 12:25 pm

Man, this is sweet!!! I love this feature. It's amazing how much ya'll have done with this website this year!!! :mickey3: :goofy: :donald:

disneydreamer58
PeopleMover People Mover
PeopleMover People Mover

Re: Time Zone

Post by disneydreamer58 » Oct Fri 19, 2007 9:29 am

rdeacon wrote:
bostoncg wrote:I have to admit it took me about 5 tries on the time zone. GMT less this or that. When I put -3 it was wrong by an hour.......and hummm, California is only 3 hrs behind East Coast time, so I tired -4 and now it tells me the correct time in my area. Anywho....thanks for the enhancement!
For others of you having this issue I believe its do to Daylights Savings. That silly hour adjustment.

Glad everyone is enjoying the new feature.

:)

Rich
I hate that daylight savings time!! Throws me off everytime. When does the time officially change anyways??? Thanks Rich for your help!
"A Very Merry Un-Birthday To You!"

js3901
Matterhorn Bobsleds Climber
Matterhorn Bobsleds Climber

Post by js3901 » Oct Fri 19, 2007 9:41 am

I think it changes November 2, or at least in the first week of November.
"And please do not sit on the floor. My studies show you can't experience time travel on the floor. and it's not a pretty picture in those shorts" - The Timekeeper

Site Admin, WDW Freak

disneydreamer58
PeopleMover People Mover
PeopleMover People Mover

Post by disneydreamer58 » Oct Fri 19, 2007 9:46 am

The only good thing is that I get to sleep an hour longer! Thanks JS!
"A Very Merry Un-Birthday To You!"

Jacca5660
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Jacca5660 » Oct Fri 19, 2007 9:47 am

My DW is from the west central part of Indiana (Clinton). Until this year they didn't have Daylight Savings,. Because (and get this)...It bothered the COWS!!!!!!!
"Our dreams can come true - if we have the courage to pursue them" WED

"There's a fine prow on that steamer, let's climb aboard her!" Fireside

"You're off the map mateys..Here there be SeaMonsters!!"

The original "LICENSE MAYHEM MARAUDER!!ImageImage

Dr. Ravenscroft
Tom Sawyer Island Rafts Skipper
Tom Sawyer Island Rafts Skipper

Post by Dr. Ravenscroft » Oct Fri 19, 2007 11:12 am

Jacca5660 wrote:My DW is from the west central part of Indiana (Clinton). Until this year they didn't have Daylight Savings,. Because (and get this)...It bothered the COWS!!!!!!!
I guess those Cows had a great lobbying group then. :lol: I do think that everyone in the country should abide by it but I don't like the switch to November for the change over. The mentality was that this would cut down on the electricity we use during a day. Which if you think about it is stupid because your not changing the actual amount of daylight available your only changing the time you wake up and go to sleep. Personally I wake up at 6am for work and my area is already dark as night until 7am by the time we switch over I will be driving to the train in the dark too.

The whole daylight savings switch to me will never work it will just annoy those who know that this won't reduce the amount of Fossil Fuels we consume. [/rant]
[img]http://img64.imageshack.us/img64/4131/userbar460642qi2.gif[/img][img]http://img65.imageshack.us/img65/5236/userbar460651xq4.gif[/img]
[img]http://img527.imageshack.us/img527/7677/userbar461525mz8.gif[/img][img]http://www.disneymountainrides.com/_i/banners/bar/SR_siteadmin.gif[/img]

*****Site Admin*****
[url=http://www.twitter.com/travenscroft]twitter[/url] | [url=http://tinyurl.com/49f5nd]plurk[/url] | [url=http://tinyurl.com/556rz4]Flickr[/url] |

danimal3114u
Peter Pan's Flight Pixie Duster
Peter Pan's Flight Pixie Duster

Post by danimal3114u » Oct Fri 19, 2007 4:50 pm

Jacca5660 wrote:My DW is from the west central part of Indiana (Clinton). Until this year they didn't have Daylight Savings,. Because (and get this)...It bothered the COWS!!!!!!!
I was actually interested in why certain parts of the nation didn't do DST and looked into it. Turns out it's actually because the farmers (and kind of the cows). When you first hear this it doesn't make sense because the farmers and animals would just wake up with the sun, etc. and the clock time wouldn't really bother them. Which is correct, until you realize how dependent they were on the trains. Since the interstate trains would operate under DST, the schedule for sending and recieving materials would be all out of whack. So they decided to not do DST in order to ensure that all of the farming community would be able to operate under the normal schedule. pretty interesting if you ask me... of course, I am a huge nerd.

knedeau
Snow White's Adventures Gem Miner
Snow White's Adventures Gem Miner

Post by knedeau » Oct Mon 22, 2007 9:38 am

OMG! This is the BEST! Now I know when to plan meetings and be back at my desk! WOOOOOOOHOOOOOOO! thanks!
"Hey, Look at that guy in the Goofy Mask!" "That's not a mask!" "Oh... Sorry Lady!"

jenipen
Alice in Wonderland Wonderer
Alice in Wonderland Wonderer

Post by jenipen » Oct Fri 26, 2007 9:25 am

This is super!!! I remember one day around 1:00 in the afternoon when I decided to request my daughter's favorite track for her to hear later in the afternoon after she got home from school. I couldn't believe how many requests were queued when I looked. Yes, I pulled out my calculator to tally it up -- almost 8 HOURS of tracks had been requested. My request would have come up after her bedtime!

I'm sending thanks out to everyone who worked to bring this clock to us -- what a great tool for us Disney fanatics! You guys are the BEST!

Jeni in MA

Jacca5660
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Jacca5660 » Oct Fri 26, 2007 9:29 am

It really is a great tool! Now you can just glance down at the bottom and know when your request when are comming up. I've used this tool to get my request in so they were playing around diner time. Thanks Sub!!
"Our dreams can come true - if we have the courage to pursue them" WED

"There's a fine prow on that steamer, let's climb aboard her!" Fireside

"You're off the map mateys..Here there be SeaMonsters!!"

The original "LICENSE MAYHEM MARAUDER!!ImageImage

Guy
Mike Fink Keel Boats Boatswain
Mike Fink Keel Boats Boatswain

Post by Guy » Nov Fri 02, 2007 8:59 am

Love the new time device - makes it a lot easier when planning requests. Also love the fact it changes to my time zone!