Requests Etiquette

Current News

Moderator: Moderators

YZFDonor
Mad Tea Party Host
Mad Tea Party Host

Requests Etiquette

Post by YZFDonor » Jul Sat 02, 2016 6:27 pm

There have been several members getting frustrated by a few others who are making excessive requests. If nobody else is making requests and you can get in request after request all day long that is fine. The problem arrises when one member requests 6 hours of music at one time, in one block. If you are doing this, you have likely noticed we are deleting your requests from the queue. Here is a short snippet on our expectations on making requests (just like on the old system).

We only allow about 30 minutes of requests at once.
After they have played, you are welcome to request additional tracks not to exceed another 30 minutes.
If the track exceeds 30 minutes (example a 50 minute track), you are welcome to request that one track and once it has played, you may request additional.

Right now, the new system is an on your honor system and we police it as best as possible. We plan to re-introduce the limits as we have been having problems with abuse. Here are some links about it:

viewtopic.php?f=7&t=10205
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=10204

PLEASE respect our wishes or your ID will be added to a list that will not be able to make ANY requests in the system.

Thank you!!

danesporty
Fire Engine Driver
Fire Engine Driver

Re: Requests Etiquette

Post by danesporty » Jul Mon 11, 2016 12:54 pm

Thanks for this and everything you guys do! Its so hard when your searching for requests and so many you want to hear and you just click them all. I do this to many times and so I have no problem with request being deleted if its too much in a row! I also appreciate the discretion when you do let longer request be in a row if no one else is asking for anything!

Thanks again and keep up the good work!

beaver
Casting

Post by beaver » Jul Wed 13, 2016 8:10 am

love subsonic, i miss the way it was though. I miss my treasures and when it gave me a time when my tracks would play. I'll get used to this new format, keep up the good work.

beaver
Casting

Post by beaver » Jul Wed 13, 2016 8:16 am

Come On Bri, keep it to 4 or 5 requests, i wont listen to mine until late afternoon :mickey:

YZFDonor
Mad Tea Party Host
Mad Tea Party Host

Post by YZFDonor » Jul Wed 13, 2016 8:20 am

beaver wrote:Come On Bri, keep it to 4 or 5 requests, i wont listen to mine until late afternoon :mickey:
Bri is currently getting all of their requests deleted.... until they make contact and we get this resolved. I think I am going to put a block on their ID from requesting.

PirateGirl96
Fire Engine Driver
Fire Engine Driver

Post by PirateGirl96 » Jul Wed 13, 2016 10:43 am

So just to clarify this situation, you can request songs that add up to 30 minutes of play time. Once they have all played you have to listen to the next track, like a bot or someone else's song, before requesting another 30 minutes. Seen as how you kind of have to cause once a song is done, the next one plays and we all take our time looking through the lists to find our next favorites.

cy1229
Country Bear Jamboree Greeter
Country Bear Jamboree Greeter

Post by cy1229 » Jul Wed 13, 2016 11:25 am

PirateGirl96 wrote:So just to clarify this situation, you can request songs that add up to 30 minutes of play time. Once they have all played you have to listen to the next track, like a bot or someone else's song, before requesting another 30 minutes. Seen as how you kind of have to cause once a song is done, the next one plays and we all take our time looking through the lists to find our next favorites.
Well, I would say if the next song is a Bot song and you know what you want, yeah go ahead and request it. Or, if it's like 4 am and no one is online listening (some do, but few) you can stack up another list while your last one is playing. ESPECIALLY the next track in the queue by the Bot is the Everest loop or something equally obnoxious. :lol:

It's not a matter of trying to apply a technicality. It's more a matter of extending courtesy to other listeners so they have the opportunity to request things they like. And, if you're like me and like to request entire loops rather than individual tracks, maybe request a couple at different times today and nothing tomorrow. Spread the wealth, as it were.

I know Subsonic is going to build in hard, fast limits when he has time, but until then, we just need to be civil, polite, and friendly about it. Which it sounds like you're trying to do. :)
Polynesian 1980
All-Star Movies 2001
Pop Century 2008
Saratoga Springs 2010
Bay Lake Tower 2012
Hyatt Place Anaheim Resort/Convention Center 2015
Marriott Anaheim Suites 2016

jderoche5
Fantasyland Theater Projectionist
Fantasyland Theater Projectionist

Post by jderoche5 » Jul Thu 14, 2016 7:27 am

Bri has the entire morning already used up. I don't even bother requesting because I'll never hear my songs.
Jessica
Always remember that it was started by a mouse…...

http://instagram.com/jderoche5

beaver
Casting

Post by beaver » Jul Thu 14, 2016 8:06 am

Bri.........Really? give the rest of us a chance to listen to our favorites.

danesporty
Fire Engine Driver
Fire Engine Driver

Post by danesporty » Jul Thu 14, 2016 8:07 am

I agree Beaver. Bri has hours of time requested! Could you please get allow the others to request songs!

acp
Davy Crockett's Explorer Canoes Guide
Davy Crockett's Explorer Canoes Guide
Location: Formerly Disney-MGM Studios, now Cheshire, England.

Post by acp » Jul Thu 14, 2016 8:37 am

jderoche5 wrote:Bri has the entire morning already used up. I don't even bother requesting because I'll never hear my songs.
beaver wrote:Bri.........Really? give the rest of us a chance to listen to our favorites.
danesporty wrote:I agree Beaver. Bri has hours of time requested! Could you please get allow the others to request songs!
We're aware of this and will be clearing Bri's requests from the queue in the next few minutes. In the meantime, we've banned Bri's account so hopefully this shouldn't happen again... (famous last words...)
Subsonic Radio Admin and former Walt Disney World Cast Member

Subsonic Radio Player for Windows (Latest version: 1.8.5 - More info)

Disneyland Paris: 2001, 2004, 2007, 2010, 2012, 2014, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019
Walt Disney World: 2006, 2010, 2011, 2015, 2019
Tokyo Disney Resort: 2013, 2014, 2016, 2017, 2018
Hong Kong Disneyland: 2016, 2017
Shanghai Disneyland: 2018

danesporty
Fire Engine Driver
Fire Engine Driver

Post by danesporty » Jul Thu 14, 2016 8:39 am

Thank you acp! Much appreciated!

YZFDonor
Mad Tea Party Host
Mad Tea Party Host

Post by YZFDonor » Jul Thu 14, 2016 8:48 am

There are a few others about to be banned as well. They think I can't see all the queues at once I guess.....

kissimeekathy
Horseless Carriage Chauffeur
Horseless Carriage Chauffeur

Post by kissimeekathy » Jul Thu 14, 2016 8:59 am

Wow! You guys are quick to clear those up! Thanks! : )

BBBlixt
Fire Engine Driver
Fire Engine Driver

Post by BBBlixt » Jul Thu 14, 2016 4:53 pm

Sorry I was kind of an offender at times. Just read this thread. I will behave much better from here on out. Sorry if I caused anyone to not be able to request.