Requests Etiquette

Current News

Moderator: Moderators

cy1229
Country Bear Jamboree Greeter

Re: Requests Etiquette

Post by cy1229 » Sep Fri 16, 2016 11:01 am

figmentaholic wrote:Sorry about that. I was having trouble getting into the chat, but I am in it now :)
No apology needed. :) Glad you made it!
Polynesian 1980
All-Star Movies 2001
Pop Century 2008
Saratoga Springs 2010
Bay Lake Tower 2012
Hyatt Place Anaheim Resort/Convention Center 2015
Marriott Anaheim Suites 2016

jderoche5
Fantasyland Theater Projectionist

Post by jderoche5 » Sep Tue 27, 2016 12:38 pm

I know I was an offender at times, but the requests have gotten way out of control again. grimmghosts96, PrincessBelle and goofyguyed have hijacked all the listening time. Are people still being cleared when the exceed the 30 minutes of allotted time?
Jessica
Always remember that it was started by a mouse…...

http://instagram.com/jderoche5

PrincessBelle
Casting

Post by PrincessBelle » Sep Tue 27, 2016 3:48 pm

I have a question! I'm new to this and I'm reading through the forum now, but I made requests and tried to keep it under 30 mins. Can I make more requests if there are "bot" songs in queue? feel free to delete my requests, because I figured why not fill the slot with a request versus a bot filler :)
Thank you all and sorry if I messed up! :)

jderoche5

Post by jderoche5 » Sep Wed 28, 2016 7:54 am

PrincessBelle wrote:I have a question! I'm new to this and I'm reading through the forum now, but I made requests and tried to keep it under 30 mins. Can I make more requests if there are "bot" songs in queue? feel free to delete my requests, because I figured why not fill the slot with a request versus a bot filler :)
Thank you all and sorry if I messed up! :)
You can't make more requests until your request have played in full.
Jessica
Always remember that it was started by a mouse…...

http://instagram.com/jderoche5

PrincessBelle
Casting

Post by PrincessBelle » Sep Wed 28, 2016 9:15 am

mine did play in full...and were under 30 mins; However, when all the bot slots were open, I did request more, but I thought that was ok

cy1229

Post by cy1229 » Sep Thu 29, 2016 10:49 am

Regarding requesting more when the next is a "bot" selection - in general, if it's a low use time, like late at night or the wee hours of the morning, I'd say go ahead and request. No harm, no foul.

If your last track is playing, it's down to the last minute or so, and no one has queued anything up, go ahead and make a single track request. Shampoo, rinse, repeat.

What we all want to avoid is going in and loading up the Requests, Background, or Staff Picks queues with multiple tracks comprising hours of music by one person. So if you request a sequence that goes a little over the half hour, not a big deal, but if you request a sequence that extends 2 or 3 hours, that's not cool, man.

In all circumstances, try to imagine how you'd feel if someone else loaded the tracks you're thinking about. Would it seem hoggish? Would you be irritated because you don't have any opportunity to hear your own requests? Or is it 4 am and you kinda don't care, you're just streaming to try and help you fall asleep (or get through that last assignment you procrastinated)?

See where I'm getting? Be kind, be courteous.

And if someone is habitually abusing the system, go to chat and let one of the admins know. Usually it's someone who is unfamiliar with the etiquette guidelines and is then apologetic and follows them. And please, don't go all postal on someone. Escalating an incident rarely, if ever, solves it.

Oh, and if you have a twitchy mouse finger or a frequently malfunctioning mouse like I have, and you choose a track you did not mean to, go to chat and ask someone to delete it for you. Sometimes they can right away, and sometimes we're just stuck with it.
Polynesian 1980
All-Star Movies 2001
Pop Century 2008
Saratoga Springs 2010
Bay Lake Tower 2012

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Sep Thu 29, 2016 9:42 pm

^I wish I could like that post ~ very nicely put cy1229!

foldmama
Mike Fink Keel Boats Boatswain
Mike Fink Keel Boats Boatswain

Post by foldmama » Oct Tue 11, 2016 1:36 pm

I was able to make request this morning, but now for some reason, I cannot get into the request page. I guess I just need to get use to this new version.

Eileen

mwehttam
Alice in Wonderland Wonderer

Post by mwehttam » Oct Thu 13, 2016 8:30 am

For some reason I do not get a list of tracks in the queue or am able to search when I click on the Request magnify glass icon. I did log off the site and back in. I also only use Chrome (as mentioned in a previous post above) but no go. Anyone seeing this as well? Thanks!
"We want cake! Where's our cake!"

momeja
Rocket Jets Flight Director
Rocket Jets Flight Director

Post by momeja » Oct Thu 13, 2016 8:52 am

Something is going on. Happens every once in a while and should be fixed soon.

Cy, nice post on request etiquette. :)

mwehttam

Post by mwehttam » Oct Thu 13, 2016 9:06 am

Something is going on. Happens every once in a while and should be fixed soon.
Thanks!
"We want cake! Where's our cake!"

cy1229

Post by cy1229 » Oct Thu 13, 2016 8:33 pm

momeja wrote:Something is going on. Happens every once in a while and should be fixed soon.

Cy, nice post on request etiquette. :)
Thanks!
Polynesian 1980
All-Star Movies 2001
Pop Century 2008
Saratoga Springs 2010
Bay Lake Tower 2012

DisneyTimon
Omnibus Driver
Omnibus Driver

Post by DisneyTimon » Oct Mon 17, 2016 8:16 am

Thanks to the entire Subsonic Radio crew for making every day a Disney day through music. I recently was cleaning out my parents' condo, and without Internet or cable, I was a lost soul. Thankfully, I made a hotspot with my phone so I could listen to Subsonic while cleaning. I posted about listening to Subsonic, and now you have a few more followers.

The community out here is great and for the most part very respectful. While this newer system is still a learning curve for a few (there's actually someone who hasn't paid attention to the rules this morning and keeps requesting large blocks of time), it's still good that we are all trying to be fair and share. As Nora says in 'Pete's Dragon', there's room for everyone in this world. It's all about having Disney fun, right?

Thanks again everyone! :ccat:
Hakuna Matata! It means no worries!

justinaddy
Casting

Post by justinaddy » Oct Mon 24, 2016 11:27 am

Ironglad is NOT adhering to the rules. not waiting for previous selections to play out before requesting more.

Bri
Omnibus Driver
Omnibus Driver

Post by Bri » Nov Mon 14, 2016 11:35 am

So this morning there were no requests other than bot. I requested the jungle cruise loop which is about 45 minutes. The system would not take my request but it would let me make requests of very short streams. Now I notice that there are requests of over an hour and others for over 30 minutes. Why am I as a ten year member being limited like this while others still abuse the system apparently with Subsonic approval? :mickey: