Current News

Moderator: Moderators

daluke
Autopian Mechanic
Autopian Mechanic

Re: Requests Open Beta!!!

Post by daluke » Apr Mon 25, 2016 12:10 pm

subsonic wrote:
daluke wrote:Thanks bunches! So glad to see progress being made. Can't wait to actually make some requests...
What do you mean? You can. On all those stations in the list.
I couldn't at that moment...I was leaving work...sorry for the confusion!

florian
King Arthur Carousel Horseman

Post by florian » Apr Tue 26, 2016 2:49 am

What a difference between the demands of Requests station and Staff Picks station?

Marty Moose
Main Street Cinema Projectionist
Main Street Cinema Projectionist

Post by Marty Moose » Apr Tue 26, 2016 10:40 am

Thank you. Thank you very much!
"Park's closed. Moose out front should have told ya."

subsonic
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by subsonic » Apr Tue 26, 2016 11:37 am

No problem. I'm glad it's picking up again. I'm in NYC all week for work but then will get back to working on it. I want to get a nice web mobile version.
Join our chat in Discord: https://discord.gg/zw5by3z

daluke
Autopian Mechanic
Autopian Mechanic

Post by daluke » Apr Wed 27, 2016 3:54 pm

Hello again, enjoying the ability to request songs again. Also enjoying the variety of stuff that others request!

Question: I have been lurking in Slack for about a day. Is that where you would prefer us to ask questions, note bugs or quirks, etc - or will the forum work as well? Right now in slack, I feel like I am interrupting...but also I like being able to follow a specific thread of a conversation over time - which I think the forum handles well. Or is a forum too 2015? Thanks.

subsonic
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by subsonic » Apr Wed 27, 2016 4:21 pm

Great question. First, everybody in Slack is friendly. Just start talking, you're not really interrupting. As far as bugs, I'm more likely to respond (if I'm watching) in Slack. Plus, others, who have been following my TODOs and what other people are asking for might be able to answer on my behalf. That said, if the chat is intimidating. You can write here also. :)

momeja
Rocket Jets Flight Director
Rocket Jets Flight Director

Post by momeja » Apr Wed 27, 2016 6:29 pm

Yay and thank you! And a shout out to Cy, who alerted me to it. Can't believe it took me a whole 6 days to notice! :)

Len90
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Len90 » Apr Wed 27, 2016 9:03 pm

subsonic wrote:I haven't had a chance to build in user limits. Of course, I'll have to add them as people could abuse/monopolize the requests. However, "points" will be going away. Limits will be more time based. In chat, we've been tossing around some ideas.
After all these years my points will truly be just like those on Whose Line Is It Anyway.

Interesting evolution Sub. Seems really nice and I like the ability to request onto multiple stations. Is it fully set up though for the background requesting to only be tracks that play background music?
- Len90
"If you can dream it, you can do it. Always remember that this whole thing was started with a dream and a mouse."
"Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday, tomorrow, and fantasy"

daluke
Autopian Mechanic
Autopian Mechanic

Post by daluke » Apr Thu 28, 2016 8:39 am

subsonic wrote:Great question. First, everybody in Slack is friendly. Just start talking, you're not really interrupting. As far as bugs, I'm more likely to respond (if I'm watching) in Slack. Plus, others, who have been following my TODOs and what other people are asking for might be able to answer on my behalf. That said, if the chat is intimidating. You can write here also. :)
Thanks sub.

I for one would appreciate seeing (a) what is your vision for where this will end up when you are "done." Both technical (responsive structure, multiple requestable channels...what else?) and policy/practice (no points...what else?). Of course, the technical stuff is exciting, but the policy stuff is what can make or break the experience.***

(b) a simple timeline - what is coming up next, which pieces of (a) can we expect to see first? Not asking for hard time frames - but just knowing what is next is nice.

***For example, I love that we have multiple channels now on which to request (technical) but a badly designed time-policy could kill my enjoyment of the service. Limit it to 10 minutes per person per day? Yuk. Allow individuals to request 2-3 hours at a time? Also yuk.

Sorry if this is obvious...I guess what I am also saying is that I would appreciate an opportunity to discuss the various policies, if that kind of input is of interest.

Thanks again!

cy1229
Country Bear Jamboree Greeter
Country Bear Jamboree Greeter

Post by cy1229 » Apr Thu 28, 2016 9:57 am

daluke wrote:
subsonic wrote:Great question. First, everybody in Slack is friendly. Just start talking, you're not really interrupting. As far as bugs, I'm more likely to respond (if I'm watching) in Slack. Plus, others, who have been following my TODOs and what other people are asking for might be able to answer on my behalf. That said, if the chat is intimidating. You can write here also. :)
Thanks sub.

I for one would appreciate seeing (a) what is your vision for where this will end up when you are "done." Both technical (responsive structure, multiple requestable channels...what else?) and policy/practice (no points...what else?). Of course, the technical stuff is exciting, but the policy stuff is what can make or break the experience.***

(b) a simple timeline - what is coming up next, which pieces of (a) can we expect to see first? Not asking for hard time frames - but just knowing what is next is nice.

***For example, I love that we have multiple channels now on which to request (technical) but a badly designed time-policy could kill my enjoyment of the service. Limit it to 10 minutes per person per day? Yuk. Allow individuals to request 2-3 hours at a time? Also yuk.

Sorry if this is obvious...I guess what I am also saying is that I would appreciate an opportunity to discuss the various policies, if that kind of input is of interest.

Thanks again!
The old system worked pretty well. I could request a loop that was an hour long, but that's all I could request. Or I could request tracks whose times totaled up to 30 minutes, and not have more than 30 minutes' worth of music in the queue, at any given time. I think that works out well though, in my exceptionally limited understanding, writing the code for that would be really hard.

Maybe, if it wasn't too much more of a pain, including the ability to request additional tracks if no one but the bot had requested stuff. If no one else is interested in requesting then why not let one person request what he/she likes?
Polynesian 1980
All-Star Movies 2001
Pop Century 2008
Saratoga Springs 2010
Bay Lake Tower 2012
Hyatt Place Anaheim Resort/Convention Center 2015
Marriott Anaheim Suites 2016

MarcV
Horseless Carriage Chauffeur
Horseless Carriage Chauffeur

Post by MarcV » Apr Thu 28, 2016 2:44 pm

AWESome

florian

Post by florian » Apr Sat 30, 2016 10:42 am

Hello

What a difference between the demands of Requests station and Staff Picks station?

Sorry for my English

subsonic
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by subsonic » May Mon 02, 2016 10:33 am

Hi Florian,

I don't follow... The the Staff Picks station is just a playlist of tracks the staff likes. You can make requests there and on background also. The requests are independent.

theBIGyowski
Tom Sawyer Island Rafts Skipper
Tom Sawyer Island Rafts Skipper

Post by theBIGyowski » May Mon 02, 2016 11:28 am

VERY VERY COOL!!!

Just requested a track for the background channel and saw that it moved to the front of the queue ahead of the bots! I thought I would have to wait a while to hear some Innoventions music, but was totally shocked that it was moved to the front.

I also see that it lists that I requested it in the "Now Playing" description on the iOS app. I'll have to head over to the chat sometime soon to join the fun. Great job and I can't wait to see other things yet to come!

1986: Offsite
1997: Offsite
2001: Coronado Springs
2008: Shades of Green / Saratoga Springs (WDW Half Marathon)
2009: Port Orleans French Quarter (WDW Half Marathon)
2010: Port Orleans Riverside (Honeymoon)
2011: Old Key West / Bay Lake Tower
2014: Kidani Village
2015: Old Key West (5th Wedding Anniversary)
2016: Old Key West (Kids' first WDW vacation in December!)

subsonic
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by subsonic » May Mon 02, 2016 11:35 am

"Just requested a track for the background channel and saw that it moved to the front of the queue ahead of the bots! I thought I would have to wait a while to hear some Innoventions music, but was totally shocked that it was moved to the front." Yeah, definitely a feature I wanted. And, when it came to maintaining bot randomization, that was a pain to code. :) More features to come.