Current News

Moderator: Moderators

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Re: Requests Open Beta!!!

Post by Amy » May Mon 02, 2016 12:50 pm

theBIGyowski wrote:VERY VERY COOL!!!

Just requested a track for the background channel and saw that it moved to the front of the queue ahead of the bots! I thought I would have to wait a while to hear some Innoventions music, but was totally shocked that it was moved to the front.

I also see that it lists that I requested it in the "Now Playing" description on the iOS app. I'll have to head over to the chat sometime soon to join the fun. Great job and I can't wait to see other things yet to come!
Having live requests move ahead of the bot requests is very cool!

momeja
Rocket Jets Flight Director

Post by momeja » May Wed 04, 2016 5:56 pm

Very nice! I like that we move ahead of the bots, too. The revolution isn't here yet. :lol:

The very only thing I'll miss about requests by points doesn't apply to me anymore: back when I was studying for finals in law school, I would spend all my points in the wee hours of the night listening to my favorite Subsonic music while studying. It was a great time to request the Everest queue loop because no one was awake to complain! I'll look back fondly on those days, but since they're behind me, it's ok.

Of course, that's not true for Len yet. I think he has a few more sleepless nights ahead of him. :wink:

One interesting feature is that the system doesn't yet recognize that certain loops have been requested recently. I got to hear the Jungle Cruise loop 3 times in the last 24 hrs. And I only requested it once! Same with ToT. You can definitely see which loops people have been missing. I'm sure this will change, but it's sure nice now.

subsonic
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by subsonic » May Wed 04, 2016 5:59 pm

momeja wrote:One interesting feature is that the system doesn't yet recognize that certain loops have been requested recently. I got to hear the Jungle Cruise loop 3 times in the last 24 hrs. And I only requested it once! Same with ToT. You can definitely see which loops people have been missing. I'm sure this will change, but it's sure nice now.
Were they requested every time? it's actually one of the only limits I have in, how often a single track can be queued (globally, not per user)
Join our chat in Discord: https://discord.gg/zw5by3z

momeja

Post by momeja » May Fri 06, 2016 2:29 pm

subsonic wrote:
momeja wrote:One interesting feature is that the system doesn't yet recognize that certain loops have been requested recently. I got to hear the Jungle Cruise loop 3 times in the last 24 hrs. And I only requested it once! Same with ToT. You can definitely see which loops people have been missing. I'm sure this will change, but it's sure nice now.
Were they requested every time? it's actually one of the only limits I have in, how often a single track can be queued (globally, not per user)
Aha! I think I just figured it out. It was played on different channels, but since we now have the ability to see what's coming up on three different channels, you can plan to switch over to tune in to hear a specific track you like. That's why I heard it 3 times.

Have I mentioned that I love the ability to see what's coming up on the different? I do! I'm happy to surf Subsonic.

subsonic
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by subsonic » May Fri 06, 2016 2:46 pm

There was also an issue with the bot selections where it was picking wrong tracks for each station. That's fixed.

I've also extended the time to request from 1 hour to 10 hours.
Join our chat in Discord: https://discord.gg/zw5by3z

I am Sulley
Autopian Mechanic
Autopian Mechanic

Post by I am Sulley » May Sun 22, 2016 6:55 am

Not been listening much lately :(
But so glad to find the requests are back. Thank you
We can make our sunday lunch listening so much better again