REQUEST: Android App Keeps Playing on Phone Call

Report Site and Station bugs here.

Moderator: Moderators

lhmathys
Omnibus Driver
Omnibus Driver

REQUEST: Android App Keeps Playing on Phone Call

Post by lhmathys » Feb Wed 27, 2013 5:16 pm

First, I want the developer to know that I absolutely love the new Android app and use it just about every day.

However, one thing that I think should be fixed is that the music stream does not stop when I receive a phone call. Thus if I answer the phone, the person that called me gets an earful of Subsonic Radio. :oops:

I have a Samsung Galaxy S3, if that helps.

jrcohen
Peter Pan's Flight Pixie Duster
Peter Pan's Flight Pixie Duster

Re: REQUEST: Android App Keeps Playing on Phone Call

Post by jrcohen » Jul Tue 23, 2013 10:48 am

I noticed this as well. I thought it was very odd considering I am on Sprint which is a CDMA carrier. CDMA is notorious for placing importance on voice communication to the point of cutting off data services while on a phone call. I am sure I have used the app and received a phone call while outside of LTE coverage (which would allow simultaneous voice and data) so I wonder if it is just playing through the buffered stream.
Please keep your arms and legs inside the vehicle until the ride comes to a full and complete stop. Thank you, and enjoy the rest of your day here at Walt Disney World.

MmeLeota
Pack Mules Wrangler
Pack Mules Wrangler

Post by MmeLeota » Jul Thu 25, 2013 9:33 pm

I've noticed that too...and as of late, the streams keep dropping (mainly the request stream).

Not complaining, just pointing out :)

NaCler
Country Bear Jamboree Greeter
Country Bear Jamboree Greeter

Post by NaCler » Jul Sat 27, 2013 4:40 pm

I love the fact that I can still hear Sub while talking on the phone. The person I am talking to says that they cannot hear the music. Maybe it depends on the device. I have the Galaxy S4.

acp
Davy Crockett's Explorer Canoes Guide
Davy Crockett's Explorer Canoes Guide
Location: Formerly Disney-MGM Studios, now Cheshire, England.

Post by acp » Aug Fri 02, 2013 4:45 am

So.. I only just noticed this thread :lol:

OK, catch-up time!
lhmathys wrote:First, I want the developer to know that I absolutely love the new Android app and use it just about every day.
Yay!
However,
Uh oh!
one thing that I think should be fixed is that the music stream does not stop when I receive a phone call. Thus if I answer the phone, the person that called me gets an earful of Subsonic Radio. :oops:
Heh. That's something I thought of a while back, then forgot about (at the time, I had an Android tablet, but not an Android phone, so it's not something I ever actually came across myself! I've since bought myself a Galaxy S4, so I can test that now :))

I'll make a note to do some reading up on it at some point (although I can't promise exactly when at the moment.. Too many things going on!)
MmeLeota wrote:I've noticed that too...and as of late, the streams keep dropping (mainly the request stream).
Hmm. This could be a number of things. The most common cause is related to your mobile network. If you're using 3G or 4G mobile data, it seems that some mobile networks do strange things. I've had a few reports that users on some networks (Sprint is one that kept popping up for US users) aren't able to stream at all. Generally (and I've updated the Google Play description to reflect this), it's usually best if you're using wifi to listen (particularly since streaming for a long time over the mobile network can use a lot of data). Of course, over wifi, you're liable to run into any issues you have on your desktop machine.
NaCler wrote:I love the fact that I can still hear Sub while talking on the phone. The person I am talking to says that they cannot hear the music. Maybe it depends on the device. I have the Galaxy S4.
It probably depends more on how you're listening. Obviously, if you're using headphones, the other person won't hear it. If it's on speaker, it probably depends on how close the speaker is to the phone's microphone, and how good your phone's noise cancellation is.
Subsonic Radio Admin and former Walt Disney World Cast Member

Subsonic Radio Player for Windows (Latest version: 1.8.5 - More info)

Disneyland Paris: 2001, 2004, 2007, 2010, 2012, 2014, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019
Walt Disney World: 2006, 2010, 2011, 2015, 2019
Tokyo Disney Resort: 2013, 2014, 2016, 2017, 2018
Hong Kong Disneyland: 2016, 2017
Shanghai Disneyland: 2018