Can't Listen in the UK?

Report Site and Station bugs here.

Moderator: Moderators

UncleScrooge477
Fantasyland Theater Projectionist

Can't Listen in the UK?

Post by UncleScrooge477 » Jun Mon 25, 2012 8:45 am

I'm in a new office in the UK for a number of weeks, but I can't get any of the streams to play. I am on the same laptop I used in the States, where all the streams were fine. I take it there is something in my network preventing it, or are the streams just not available outside of the US?

Help!?

:wave:

:cry:
UncleScrooge477

Sleepy90
Flight to the Moon Flight Director
Flight to the Moon Flight Director

Re: Can't Listen in the UK?

Post by Sleepy90 » Jun Mon 25, 2012 9:24 am

UncleScrooge477 wrote:I'm in a new office in the UK for a number of weeks, but I can't get any of the streams to play. I am on the same laptop I used in the States, where all the streams were fine. I take it there is something in my network preventing it, or are the streams just not available outside of the US?

Help!?

:wave:

:cry:
I live in the UK and we can get the streams just fine. Not sure what your running on but we run through itunes.

rdeacon
Santa Fe & Disneyland Railroad Engineer
Santa Fe & Disneyland Railroad Engineer

Post by rdeacon » Jun Mon 25, 2012 11:12 am

The streams are not blocked for any location. We have several users from Germany, France, and the UK. I would try a different application.

Rich
"It's kind of fun to do the impossible.."
Walt Disney

[img]http://www.rdeacon.com/img/banners/bar/SR_admin_adv.jpg[/img]
[img]http://rdeacon.com/img/banners/bar/SR_monkey_adv.jpg[/img]

UncleScrooge477

Post by UncleScrooge477 » Jun Mon 25, 2012 11:15 am

Thanks - I will try to find out who the IT manager is, and see if it is blocked here. I've been trying to stream through both Media Player and WinAmp and can't seem to connect. Go figure...
UncleScrooge477

UncleScrooge477

Post by UncleScrooge477 » Jun Tue 26, 2012 11:05 am

Got it to work, sort of. The "uni" I'm at is not allowing it through, but there is a different wifi network I can use (although it is spotty and keeps stopping and buffering and such). Not the best of worlds, but I'll keep working on it while I am here!
UncleScrooge477

UncleScrooge477

Post by UncleScrooge477 » Apr Wed 03, 2013 9:02 pm

I never really got it sorted out, by the way. For some reason Oxford didn't want to allow those streams on campus. Go figure. But back here in the States and all is fine and well and good. A late update, for sure, but just an FYI if anyone really wanted to know. And the WiFi was terrible, as it was public access, and about 9 million people a day tried to use it. Okay, not that many, but you get the idea.
UncleScrooge477

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Apr Thu 04, 2013 7:01 am

UncleScrooge477 wrote:I never really got it sorted out, by the way. For some reason Oxford didn't want to allow those streams on campus. Go figure. But back here in the States and all is fine and well and good. A late update, for sure, but just an FYI if anyone really wanted to know. And the WiFi was terrible, as it was public access, and about 9 million people a day tried to use it. Okay, not that many, but you get the idea.
Glad you are back where it is working ok for you. I wonder if Oxford slowed down the streaming on purpose so people wouldn't crash the server? Were you working over at Oxford or attending school?

Len90
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Len90 » Apr Sun 21, 2013 10:59 pm

UncleScrooge477 wrote:I never really got it sorted out, by the way. For some reason Oxford didn't want to allow those streams on campus. Go figure. But back here in the States and all is fine and well and good. A late update, for sure, but just an FYI if anyone really wanted to know. And the WiFi was terrible, as it was public access, and about 9 million people a day tried to use it. Okay, not that many, but you get the idea.
That would make the most sense. A lot of workplaces and universities tend to block the ports that we stream on in an effort to limit bandwidth usage.
- Len90
"If you can dream it, you can do it. Always remember that this whole thing was started with a dream and a mouse."
"Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday, tomorrow, and fantasy"