My problem continues and is getting worse

Report Site and Station bugs here.

Moderator: Moderators

dichuy
Fantasyland Theater Projectionist

My problem continues and is getting worse

Post by dichuy » Oct Fri 29, 2010 9:47 am

I signed up here at work a few days ago. (I'm on a Mac both here and at home and using Safari.) SIgned in, could navigate around, request tracks, etc. At home that night I log in, navigate to a new page, and I'm no longer logged in (I just see "Hello Guest!").

Next day at work I sign in and have the same problem, but eventually I am able to log in, stay logged in, and request tracks.

That night I have problems from home again. I go to chat to ask for help and a very nice chatter told me to delete all cookies. I do that. Same thing--keep getting "Hello Guest!". I'm asked about private browsing but since I navigated off the chat page to see if deleting cookies helped, I'm no longer logged into chat. I try to log back in but keep getting notices that login to chat failed. I gave up.

Next day (yesterday) I come in to work and same thing happens. I get into chat and the same person is there asking what happened to me last night as he was waiting for my response (so nice of them; I felt bad I couldn't log back in). I tell him what happened and say no, no private browsing. He logs into my account, looks around, and comes back and says everything looks fine. I thank him and tell him I'll just have to live with it.

So today I want to request a track and knowing what will happen, I navigate to the page with the song I want showing. I sign in, it takes me back to that page, I have almost 2000 points and I hit request. It says I don't have enough points to request a 700 point track. So I decide to sign up with my yahoo account to see if that helps. I can't create a new account because down at the bottom where I have to type in the confirmation code there are no words displayed, only "Input error: Invalid referer".

Now, I work in a software company, but I don't know anyone in computer services well enough to ask about this on the side-don't want to risk getting in trouble.

If anyone can offer a solution to this I would be very grateful. Sorry to be a bother.

mindflipper
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Re: My problem continues and is getting worse

Post by mindflipper » Oct Fri 29, 2010 11:43 am

Mac? Safari? Send a PM to Len90. He's a busy college student, but he's a MAC User and I think he uses Safari too.

dichuy

Post by dichuy » Oct Fri 29, 2010 12:12 pm

mindflipper wrote:Mac? Safari? Send a PM to Len90. He's a busy college student, but he's a MAC User and I think he uses Safari too.
but it also happens on my work PC. Can't stay logged in; can't use my points.

Jacca5660
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Jacca5660 » Oct Fri 29, 2010 12:23 pm

What level is your security set at?? Do you have a firewall and what company is it from?? Do you have any of these computers set up to accept SUBSONIC??

Lets start here and feel everything out. We will get through this together!

dichuy

Post by dichuy » Oct Fri 29, 2010 12:50 pm

Jacca5660 wrote:What level is your security set at?? Do you have a firewall and what company is it from?? Do you have any of these computers set up to accept SUBSONIC??

Lets start here and feel everything out. We will get through this together!
Yes, there is a firewall at work, but that wouldn't explain why it worked the first 2 days, or why it won't work from home. Hmmm, where would I "set it up" to accept SUBSONIC?

dichuy

Post by dichuy » Oct Fri 29, 2010 12:57 pm

oh, another thing I forgot: midweek, when I would log in, it would show my name, but also a list of songs I requested (which I had not requested). That happened for 2 days. Now when I log in I see my name and my points, but am unable to purchase tracks with my points as I could do Monday and Tuesday. Just adding this in case it makes a difference.

Jacca5660
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Jacca5660 » Oct Fri 29, 2010 1:45 pm

dichuy wrote:oh, another thing I forgot: midweek, when I would log in, it would show my name, but also a list of songs I requested (which I had not requested). That happened for 2 days. Now when I log in I see my name and my points, but am unable to purchase tracks with my points as I could do Monday and Tuesday. Just adding this in case it makes a difference.

I think you need to get with rdeacon for those type of problems!! He Sub's right hand man and the main programming guru!! Explain to him everything you've told us. If anybody here can fix it he can. Since you are having so much trouble staying on, you should probable PM him!!

dichuy

Post by dichuy » Oct Fri 29, 2010 1:49 pm

Jacca5660 wrote:
dichuy wrote:oh, another thing I forgot: midweek, when I would log in, it would show my name, but also a list of songs I requested (which I had not requested). That happened for 2 days. Now when I log in I see my name and my points, but am unable to purchase tracks with my points as I could do Monday and Tuesday. Just adding this in case it makes a difference.

I think you need to get with rdeacon for those type of problems!! He Sub's right hand man and the main programming guru!! Explain to him everything you've told us. If anybody here can fix it he can. Since you are having so much trouble staying on, you should probable PM him!!
I can stay on the forums, but not the home/listen/playlist area. I hoped that posting it here in the BUG section it would get read by the appropriate people...so just posting it here isn't enough--I should PM him?

mindflipper
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by mindflipper » Oct Fri 29, 2010 1:57 pm

Sometimes you can catch him in the CHAT and converse with him there.

dichuy

Post by dichuy » Oct Fri 29, 2010 2:17 pm

mindflipper wrote:Sometimes you can catch him in the CHAT and converse with him there.
I hesitate to converse there as if I try anything he might suggest, I get thrown out of chat, then when I try to log back in it says I'm already logged into chat. Best to keep it in PM. I sent him a note. Thanks everyone!

mindflipper
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by mindflipper » Oct Fri 29, 2010 7:39 pm

dichuy wrote:
mindflipper wrote:Sometimes you can catch him in the CHAT and converse with him there.
I hesitate to converse there as if I try anything he might suggest, I get thrown out of chat, then when I try to log back in it says I'm already logged into chat. Best to keep it in PM. I sent him a note. Thanks everyone!
Wish you the best in getting the problem resolved. If there any Mac/Safari users out there who have had similiar experience, please PM dichuy. 8-) :mickey:

Len90
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Len90 » Nov Thu 04, 2010 5:32 pm

Rdeacon has not been around much lately. He should be back on more regularly in the coming week or so. As for a quick fix, we can try to reset your browser on your mac. When in safari, click on the word "safari" on the top of the screen. Then click "reset safari". It will pop up a window with a lot of boxes, most of them checked. Click "reset" and see what happens. I apologize for not being around to try and help you out, but I have been very busy.
- Len90
"If you can dream it, you can do it. Always remember that this whole thing was started with a dream and a mouse."
"Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday, tomorrow, and fantasy"

dichuy

Post by dichuy » Nov Thu 04, 2010 6:13 pm

Len90 wrote:Rdeacon has not been around much lately. He should be back on more regularly in the coming week or so. As for a quick fix, we can try to reset your browser on your mac. When in safari, click on the word "safari" on the top of the screen. Then click "reset safari". It will pop up a window with a lot of boxes, most of them checked. Click "reset" and see what happens. I apologize for not being around to try and help you out, but I have been very busy.
Thanks, but that did nothing. I had one of our 5 web dudes here at the office look at it and they said the top part of the flash frame is not recognizing what I do in the bottom half. Hence this scene: I log in and I show in the bottom left corner under ONLINE USERS as YOU. I navigate to another page and I'm no longer logged in, but I see DICHUY in the ONLINE USERS area. If there was a way to log in/out in the bottom half of the frame he said that would help, but alas there is no place.

I'll be away November 12-26 and not paying international roaming charges on my iPhone so I wouldn't be able to respond to any help during that time. It just sucks I have all these points but can't request a track. Thanks for your reply. Really, there are more important things in everyone's life than this small problem.
Step out to your left please. When the car stops, step out to your left.

Jacca5660
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Jacca5660 » Nov Thu 04, 2010 6:21 pm

If you see me on line and want to hear something, just PM me and I'll play it for you!! ;+>
"Our dreams can come true - if we have the courage to pursue them" WED

"There's a fine prow on that steamer, let's climb aboard her!" Fireside

"You're off the map mateys..Here there be SeaMonsters!!"

The original "LICENSE MAYHEM MARAUDER!!ImageImage

Len90
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Len90 » Nov Thu 04, 2010 11:49 pm

dichuy wrote: Thanks, but that did nothing. I had one of our 5 web dudes here at the office look at it and they said the top part of the flash frame is not recognizing what I do in the bottom half. Hence this scene: I log in and I show in the bottom left corner under ONLINE USERS as YOU. I navigate to another page and I'm no longer logged in, but I see DICHUY in the ONLINE USERS area. If there was a way to log in/out in the bottom half of the frame he said that would help, but alas there is no place.

I'll be away November 12-26 and not paying international roaming charges on my iPhone so I wouldn't be able to respond to any help during that time. It just sucks I have all these points but can't request a track. Thanks for your reply. Really, there are more important things in everyone's life than this small problem.
hmm that is really awkward. It might then be some sort of issue with your account. I do know that the online users is those who have been active within the last 5 minutes. When you are logged in, you should appear as an active online user. I highly doubt it is a general mac issue as I am constantly on using macs at RU and at home.
- Len90
"If you can dream it, you can do it. Always remember that this whole thing was started with a dream and a mouse."
"Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday, tomorrow, and fantasy"