Groundhog day

Report Site and Station bugs here.

Moderator: Moderators

Len90
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Len90 » Nov Mon 30, 2009 5:49 pm

Mousekedude wrote:
rdeacon wrote: We are still kicking around the idea of removing points for everyone, of course the 30min request rule would still apply.
Huh? Removing points for what? :shock:
For every post you make on the board, you get 10 request points in addition to the points you start out with. This enabled you back in the day to request more stuff and to request the longer blocks of music. Now due to the thirty minute rule, it is almost impossible to use up the points. Hence the point system is now almost obsolete.

Also with the point system, there were more limitations placed on posting on the board since the admins didn't want anybody abusing the system. There was the concern for "post for points" idea where people would just post smiley or one word to get the points for the post.
- Len90
"If you can dream it, you can do it. Always remember that this whole thing was started with a dream and a mouse."
"Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday, tomorrow, and fantasy"

mindflipper
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by mindflipper » Nov Mon 30, 2009 6:34 pm

I thought after an hour or 2 you could request more tracks, with that set limited to thirty minutes too - right? So, with more points, you can theoretically request more, just have to spread out throughout the day. Correct?

Jacca5660
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Jacca5660 » Nov Mon 30, 2009 6:38 pm

What about request longer then 30 minute? Also you can request something else when your current request starts to play. I don't think you're making a lot of sense right now. Also if you look at the people who post the most, well we don't request a lot. I know I request the most during off hours.
"Our dreams can come true - if we have the courage to pursue them" WED

"There's a fine prow on that steamer, let's climb aboard her!" Fireside

"You're off the map mateys..Here there be SeaMonsters!!"

The original "LICENSE MAYHEM MARAUDER!!ImageImage

Len90
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Len90 » Nov Mon 30, 2009 7:07 pm

mindflipper wrote:I thought after an hour or 2 you could request more tracks, with that set limited to thirty minutes too - right? So, with more points, you can theoretically request more, just have to spread out throughout the day. Correct?
You are only allowed to have 30 minutes of music in the request queue at one time. Once your tracks start playing, you can start queuing up more tracks.
Jacca5660 wrote:What about request longer then 30 minute? Also you can request something else when your current request starts to play. I don't think you're making a lot of sense right now. Also if you look at the people who post the most, well we don't request a lot. I know I request the most during off hours.
For requests longer than 30 minutes, like those long one hour loops, can only be requested if you currently have nothing in the request loop. I have to agree with you Jacca, I know that I rarely request stuff. However, when I do request stuff it is usually at the off hours when you and I are the only two awake!
- Len90
"If you can dream it, you can do it. Always remember that this whole thing was started with a dream and a mouse."

Jacca5660
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Jacca5660 » Nov Mon 30, 2009 7:11 pm

Yes Len we are (except for our European Diser's). I'm up for work and you study strange hours!!

I still don't understand how a no point system would work. By the way, without the 30 minute rule, well I could request for I think somewhere in the range of 35 hours!!

Len90
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Len90 » Nov Mon 30, 2009 8:03 pm

Jacca5660 wrote:Yes Len we are (except for our European Diser's). I'm up for work and you study strange hours!!

I still don't understand how a no point system would work. By the way, without the 30 minute rule, well I could request for I think somewhere in the range of 35 hours!!
Hence the rule ;) I could go on pretty long too. I think maybe a day. The no point system would be just a limit to the amount that you are allowed to request. I personally am not sure how it would go, but I do know Sub has talked about it for a while now.
- Len90

mindflipper
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by mindflipper » Nov Mon 30, 2009 9:08 pm

I just gotta say this - if it's not broke, why fix it? What's wrong with the point system that it needs to be scrapped?

boilerbabe
Pack Mules Wrangler
Pack Mules Wrangler

Post by boilerbabe » Nov Mon 30, 2009 10:26 pm

Awwww, I hope they don't take away our points. :( I think the system works fine the way it is right now.

Len90
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Len90 » Dec Tue 01, 2009 12:11 am

boilerbabe wrote:Awwww, I hope they don't take away our points. :( I think the system works fine the way it is right now.
That is not up to me. The admins are the ones that make up the rules.
- Len90

Jacca5660
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Jacca5660 » Dec Tue 01, 2009 6:41 am

I tries to stop the Stormtroopers this morning but failed!!Image Oh the shame!!
If you aren't right there to request something they get through!

mindflipper
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by mindflipper » Dec Tue 01, 2009 9:38 am

Len90 wrote:That is not up to me. The admins are the ones that make up the rules.
Len, as a moderator you don't have phenomenal cosmic powers?!? - gasp - :shock: :shock: :shock:

Next you're gonna tell me that Santa Clause isn't real....

...at least let me still have my illusion about the easter bunny, thank you. :wink:

Mousekedude
Haunted Mansion Butler
Haunted Mansion Butler
Location: At Serenity Bay, on Castaway Cay again... I wish... :(

Post by Mousekedude » Dec Tue 01, 2009 9:45 am

So if they take away the points, how will they decide who qualifies to request a track that is longer than 30 minutes? Will they just delete all tracks longer than 30 minutes?
And how will they limit how often we can request more tracks? I like the way the current system works. I like it that if you already have 30 minutes worth cued up, then you wait for some of it to expire, but as long as you have more points you can keep requesting more until you run out of points for that day. Being able to request more tracks is a reasonable perk to be earned by posting, and I don't see why it would need to be taken away. My DW and I like those evenings where we have Subsonic playing for hours while we do housework and pay bills and stuff, and we like it that we can keep requesting more of our favorites during that time. Hardly seems fair that we should only be allowed to request only one 30 minute segment per day.
I don't post just to earn points, but like I said, being able to request more tracks is a fringe benefit that I like. So in my long-winded way, I'm really just asking "Why in the world is anyone even considering changing it?" :shock:

mindflipper
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by mindflipper » Dec Tue 01, 2009 10:27 am

Wow, I'm not alone. Boilerbabe, Jacca5660 and Mouskedude agree too - "if it's not broke, don't fix it." I gotta run out tonight with a telescope to check to see if there's some rare planetary alignment happening... :wink:

Mousekedude
Haunted Mansion Butler
Haunted Mansion Butler
Location: At Serenity Bay, on Castaway Cay again... I wish... :(

Post by Mousekedude » Dec Tue 01, 2009 11:14 am

mindflipper wrote:Wow, I'm not alone. Boilerbabe, Jacca5660 and Mouskedude agree too - "if it's not broke, don't fix it." I gotta run out tonight with a telescope to check to see if there's some rare planetary alignment happening... :wink:
We've always got your back, bro! :mrgreen:

boilerbabe
Pack Mules Wrangler
Pack Mules Wrangler

Post by boilerbabe » Dec Tue 01, 2009 11:15 am

You know what they say....great minds think alike!!! :D