Cannot Listen to Subsonic!?!?

Report Site and Station bugs here.

Moderator: Moderators

Abecca228
King Arthur Carousel Horseman
King Arthur Carousel Horseman

Cannot Listen to Subsonic!?!?

Post by Abecca228 » Apr Sun 26, 2009 12:41 am

I have trying to listen to subsonic radio on my laptop for almost a week but everytime I go to pick Windows Media: 1st the window does not come up at all and 2nd my internet browser closes. It has been happening everytime I try to listen to any of the requests, backround music or schd. listings. I used to listen to subsonic on my laptop but now I cannot!? Can someone help me?!?!

Len90
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Re: Cannot Listen to Subsonic!?!?

Post by Len90 » Apr Sun 26, 2009 12:52 am

Abecca228 wrote:I have trying to listen to subsonic radio on my laptop for almost a week but everytime I go to pick Windows Media: 1st the window does not come up at all and 2nd my internet browser closes. It has been happening everytime I try to listen to any of the requests, backround music or schd. listings. I used to listen to subsonic on my laptop but now I cannot!? Can someone help me?!?!
Sounds to me that this is more likely a computer problem rather than the site. Are you able to download other things off of the internet? It could be a problem your computer has with Windows Media Player or even your browser. I would advise you try using a different program to open it like iTunes or winamp. Also, I would advise you to try mozilla firefox or Apple Safari just to see if it is a browser issue.

Hope this helps you out!
- Len90
"If you can dream it, you can do it. Always remember that this whole thing was started with a dream and a mouse."
"Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday, tomorrow, and fantasy"

js3901
Matterhorn Bobsleds Climber
Matterhorn Bobsleds Climber

Post by js3901 » Apr Sun 26, 2009 1:55 pm

I would have to agree with Len. This sounds like more of a computer issue than a site specific issue (unless, of course, this only happens with our site). What I would recommend doing to test this, is this:

go to www.shoutcast.com and choose a station (other than subsonic) that also has a website. Try to open that stream. If the stream doesn't start, try using a different player (like Winamp or iTunes). If the internet browser closes, try upgrading to a different browser (I recommend Mozilla Firefox, personally).
"And please do not sit on the floor. My studies show you can't experience time travel on the floor. and it's not a pretty picture in those shorts" - The Timekeeper

Site Admin, WDW Freak