Winamp and Streaming Audio

Report Site and Station bugs here.

Moderator: Moderators

luarth
King Arthur Carousel Horseman
King Arthur Carousel Horseman

Winamp and Streaming Audio

Post by luarth » Apr Sat 25, 2009 9:28 am

Can anybody offer a solution? I have Mediacom for my isp and Winamp is how I listen to Subsonic, but it seems to cut out after a very short time. I have a relatively new computer with plenty of RAM so I know that cannot be the problem. I also have a decent network along with wireless speakers in my house and some audio cables hooked into my surround sound DVD player / theater.

My problem does not just happen with Subsonic, but it also happens with other streaming audio when I am listening.

If anyone has any ideas as to what to do, I would really appreciate it!

js3901
Matterhorn Bobsleds Climber
Matterhorn Bobsleds Climber

Post by js3901 » Apr Sun 26, 2009 1:45 pm

hmm.. does it cut out completely? or does it cut out for just a short time (like a minute or so) and then come back on? If it turns off temporarily and comes back, that's probably an issue with your buffer size and your connection speed. you can try to switch to a lower bandwidth station (like the 64k instead of the 96k). that should clear it up.

now, if it cuts out and doesn;t come back on, that could be something with your ISP. try calling them up and asking about it.
"And please do not sit on the floor. My studies show you can't experience time travel on the floor. and it's not a pretty picture in those shorts" - The Timekeeper

Site Admin, WDW Freak