Different IPs

Report Site and Station bugs here.

Moderator: Moderators

joefox97
Omnibus Driver
Omnibus Driver
Location: Orlando, FL, Dallas, TX or Chicago, IL depending on the day and weather!

Different IPs

Post by joefox97 » Apr Thu 05, 2007 2:52 pm

It seems that the site is using a cookie or a session state based on or at least tied somehow to the Internet path I'm treading to get to the site... I have to connect to a VPN on and off throughout my work day, and when I sign on or off, I am disconnected from the stream (understandably). But inexplicably, I am signed out of the website as well... so my now playing list stops updating and I can no longer add comments or see my treasured list, etc... is that intentional?

Thanks in advance! :-)

subsonic
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by subsonic » Apr Mon 09, 2007 10:50 am

You have asked a question that I don't know about.
I have tied into PHPBBs user list, that's how I get user information. I don't know how PHPBB does their session management, I do know that they use the database for that stuff so it could be based on IP. All I can say is, sorry, don't switch IPs :)
Join our chat in Discord: https://discord.gg/zw5by3z

joefox97
Omnibus Driver
Omnibus Driver
Location: Orlando, FL, Dallas, TX or Chicago, IL depending on the day and weather!

Post by joefox97 » Apr Sun 29, 2007 5:41 pm

Meh. :-)

I'm working on a solution that will improve this... I'll dig into PHPBBs docs too.

joe

eagle4life69
Rocket Jets Flight Director
Rocket Jets Flight Director

Post by eagle4life69 » Apr Mon 30, 2007 12:05 am

The connecting of VPN is taking yourself off and on the network, I wonder if your work has something that clears the cache to help keep things safe. Also your work may be blocking parts of the site. Question, does it matter whether or not you connect or disconnect? I mean does it only happen when you connect or only when you disconnect or both. Do some testing. No matter what once you log back in to the site you should always have your treasure info available to you. If it is just a matter of your are logged out at the time you switch than it has to do with your VPN software or Work Settings. I hope this has helped you out.