Report Site and Station bugs here.

Moderator: Moderators

disneyinfopage
Casey Junior Circus Train Conductor

Help... I can't listen...

Post by disneyinfopage » Mar Sun 25, 2007 9:00 pm

Hey there...

OK... when I try to listen to music now, I get the Internet Explorer "bar" on the top (saying that some files can damage my computer, blah blah blah). When I say it's OK to download, then I get a download window with either "Save" or "Cancel" and it's downloading a ".pls" file.

Any thoughts on why I can't listen anymore? Any suggestions are most appreciated.

Thanks!

Judy :)

js3901
Matterhorn Bobsleds Climber

Post by js3901 » Mar Sun 25, 2007 9:03 pm

The station runs a .pls fie to play the music, but that will play on most players (winamp, itunes, quicktime). what program are you trying to listen with?
"And please do not sit on the floor. My studies show you can't experience time travel on the floor. and it's not a pretty picture in those shorts" - The Timekeeper

Site Admin, WDW Freak

disneyinfopage

Post by disneyinfopage » Mar Sun 25, 2007 9:21 pm

what program are you trying to listen with?
Hmmmm, I'm not sure what program I'm trying to listen with. I used to listen on my old PC; now I'm on a new laptop. Before, I could just click a "listen" link and it would launch automatically. :roll:

js3901

Post by js3901 » Mar Sun 25, 2007 9:34 pm

I would then assume that you had a player like Winamp previously, but since getting this new laptop, you haven't installed anything new, correct?

I would suggest downloading Winamp, personally. you can get the Lite version for free with no extra adware or anything. get it here: www.winamp.com. install the program, then click listen, and the player should load. just be sure, when setting it up, that you choose the .pls checkbox under filetypes, otherwise it may not start automatically when you click "listen"
"And please do not sit on the floor. My studies show you can't experience time travel on the floor. and it's not a pretty picture in those shorts" - The Timekeeper

Site Admin, WDW Freak

disneyinfopage

Post by disneyinfopage » Mar Mon 26, 2007 2:44 pm

JS... you rock!! :D Installing Winamp worked and I'm now happily listening.

Thanks!

Judy :mickey:

js3901

Post by js3901 » Mar Mon 26, 2007 4:45 pm

no problem. any time.

Site Admin, WDW Freak