A little help - Website isn't loading

Report Site and Station bugs here.

Moderator: Moderators

csquare77
Shooting Galleries Gun Cleaner

A little help - Website isn't loading

Post by csquare77 » Jan Sun 28, 2007 11:38 pm

Hey my brother left a post about my problem in the bugs section, Right now im on a computer at work. My computer at home can not open the "subsonic" web page, It worked one day and then I tried it the next day and it did not work(one of those). I have a friend that works with computers and we tried a few things. I can still hear the music from the streams, and we did a tracert and I can connect to everything except the web page, in very simple terms this is what happens. To get to the subsonic web page my internet connection has to go through 17 different routers ect... I get through 16 of them and then I time out at the 17th which is the subsonic web page. I updated all of my stuff, and took off all firewalls. I still cannot get on, My question is and my friend said, it could be that my IP got blocked from entering into the site, thats only our best guess. Any help would be greatly appreciated. A problem is I can not check this forum for answers... unless I get to another computer, I wont be around one for a few days. so Hopefully something gets fixed so I can get back on with my home computer.

js3901
Matterhorn Bobsleds Climber

Post by js3901 » Jan Mon 29, 2007 12:14 am

your IP is not blocked (from at least the forums side). How long has this been happening? when did the problem first start?

Also, if it's a problem with the routers, try chaging them out, or if possible, remove one (or some) or them. You said you disabled all firewalls, but remember that a router acts as a firewall, and there's no way to turn that off (best you can do is make an exception in the router admin. see your router documentation for info on how to do that.

Please give us as much info as you can (settings, date/time started happening, when it last worked, etc).
"And please do not sit on the floor. My studies show you can't experience time travel on the floor. and it's not a pretty picture in those shorts" - The Timekeeper

Site Admin, WDW Freak

csquare77

Post by csquare77 » Jan Mon 29, 2007 12:24 am

Yes it stopped working about 3 days ago, I thought the web site was just down. It worked one day and then I tried to get on a few days ago and got he server timed out message ever since then. If I can remember I think I was on the site Thursday night and everything was fine, then Friday afternoon is when I started to get the problem. I have no routers in my home, I should have said main server routers if thats the correct term. Like my internet service first goes to connecticut and then routes to New York, thats what I ment about routers, sorry for any confusion. As I said in the first post it gets right to the servers door step and then times out. 16 of 17 junctions. 17 being the web site. So thats where I am now...

js3901

Post by js3901 » Jan Mon 29, 2007 1:08 am

ok, I just tried one of the tools we admins have at our disposal when it comes to IP addresses. I can use it to trace, ping, or just do a simple look-up. I noticed that based on your username, you've used 4 different IP addresses since you started posting in the forums. I did all 3 of the above (ping, trace, and lookup). Here are the results I got for the top 2 ip address (based on posts). I'll give my solutions right after:

Host name: 69-173-134-73.albyny.adelphia.net
TraceRoute to 69.173.134.73 (238 Posts) - Timed out after 6 hops.
Ping to 69.173.134.73 - Ping aborted as timed out 10 times out of 10.

Host name: c-75-67-117-160.hsd1.ma.comcast.net
TraceRoute to 75.67.117.160 (42 Posts) - Timed out after 19 hops.
Ping to 75.67.117.160 - ping aborted as timed out 10 times out of 10

based in this info, the tool is having trouble doing a trace to you. It is also having trouble trying to ping your IP. By contrast, I can look up my IP address and it sees everything perfectly. I can also do the same for someone else on the boards right now and it finds them perfectly. I looked up the IP you're using now with no problem (as you said you're using a computer at work, outside of the home computer that is not working. found everything perfectly.

I would say this is something to do with either your ISP or your IP address is broken. I could be wrong with this, but it seems to me that the tool is having trouble locating your IP address(es) that would be home (most probably, based on what you've said to date). Try contacting your ISP and make sure they're not having problems.

Try repairing your internet connection as well. To do this (in Windows XP at least):

Go into your control panel
Double click "Network Connections"
Right click on the icon associated with the web service you use
click "Repair".

outside of that, maybe someone else can help. I'm fresh out of ideas of other things it might be or how to fix them...
"And please do not sit on the floor. My studies show you can't experience time travel on the floor. and it's not a pretty picture in those shorts" - The Timekeeper

Site Admin, WDW Freak

csquare77

Post by csquare77 » Jan Mon 29, 2007 3:20 am

Hey thanks for the help, Im still at work but I will try that when I get home. One thig My Ip probably changed so many times because of Comcast's take over of Adelphia. My friends IP has changed serveral times in the past few weeks because of it.

subsonic
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by subsonic » Jan Mon 29, 2007 11:45 am

This is strange indeed. Spaulo says he cannot get in either. I wonder what the deal is. I'm talking to my admin guy about it right now. Can you post the ip you're trying to get in from. http://www.whatismyip.com
Join our chat in Discord: https://discord.gg/zw5by3z

rdeacon
Santa Fe & Disneyland Railroad Engineer

Post by rdeacon » Jan Tue 30, 2007 10:33 am

csquare77 - what error if any do you get when trying to go to the page?

Sub: I am looking into the Spaulo issue as well

Rich
"It's kind of fun to do the impossible.."
Walt Disney

[img]http://www.rdeacon.com/img/banners/bar/SR_admin_adv.jpg[/img]
[img]http://rdeacon.com/img/banners/bar/SR_monkey_adv.jpg[/img]

csquare77

Post by csquare77 » Feb Sun 04, 2007 1:15 am

I am back at work, and I still cant get on from my home computer... I have my ISP comming Tuesday but if Spaulo is having the same problem... I get "the connection has timed out", thats the message im getting.

I'll post my IP tomorrow night, when I come back to work.

csquare77

Post by csquare77 » Feb Mon 05, 2007 12:13 am

my IP is 75.67.117.160

lovesdisney44
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider

Post by lovesdisney44 » Apr Wed 25, 2007 9:39 am

HELP!!! My computer at home is doing the same thing. It's been about 1-1/2 weeks now. I tried all the suggestions and no luck. (I am not the most computer literate, though.) Anyway, my IP address is:24.15.92.94.

It's very frustruating that I can't make requests at home anymore, or even see your webpage to see what's playing. Can you help me, please.

Thank you Thank you!

Lovesdisney44
(Karen)

subsonic
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by subsonic » Apr Wed 25, 2007 10:47 am

I have heard from G2-4T that his ISP has blocked traffic to the ISP this server is hosted on. You might want to call you ISP and ask if that's the case. "Are you guys blocking traffic to subsonicradio.com?"

lovesdisney44
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider

Post by lovesdisney44 » Apr Wed 25, 2007 11:02 am

subsonic wrote:I have heard from G2-4T that his ISP has blocked traffic to the ISP this server is hosted on. You might want to call you ISP and ask if that's the case. "Are you guys blocking traffic to subsonicradio.com?"
When you say call my ISP and ask, who exactly do I call. I have Comcast Internet - do you mean them?

Like I said, I'm not real computer literate. :oops: Thanks for all you help!

subsonic
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by subsonic » Apr Wed 25, 2007 11:09 am

Yes, call Comcast.

rdeacon

Post by rdeacon » Apr Wed 25, 2007 11:11 am

Hmmm wonder if our host is blocking IP's again.

I'll look into it.

Rich
Walt Disney

rdeacon

Post by rdeacon » Apr Wed 25, 2007 11:28 am

lovesdisney44 wrote:HELP!!! My computer at home is doing the same thing. It's been about 1-1/2 weeks now. I tried all the suggestions and no luck. (I am not the most computer literate, though.) Anyway, my IP address is:24.15.92.94.

It's very frustruating that I can't make requests at home anymore, or even see your webpage to see what's playing. Can you help me, please.

Thank you Thank you!

Lovesdisney44
(Karen)
Try it now. It should work. For some reason our host decided to block you.

Rich
Walt Disney