Rocket Jets Flight Director

Post by eagle4life69 » Jan Wed 11, 2006 9:36 pm

Well you should be fine now

lovesdisney44
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider

Post by lovesdisney44 » Jan Wed 11, 2006 9:56 pm

eagle4life69 wrote:i know i'm not sure why it would have poped up with that. I have to double check some software and make sure it is displaying the right info. don't worry about it. I'm going to be clearing the banned people nightly so if the stream stops working PM me I'll check your name and see whats up but for sure everyone will be cleared out nightly
I just spoke to my son and he said that when he first dowloaded his Ipod program and i-tunes for the first time, all the stuff that I had played from Subsonic automatically downloaded onto his Ipod. I bet that was the "ripping" it was referring to. Anyway - he has deleted these from his Ipod now. Let's hope it doesn't happen again. :roll:

Thanks for all your computer-savy help eagle4life69 :D

eagle4life69

Post by eagle4life69 » Jan Wed 11, 2006 10:34 pm

i knew you where ripping (even by mistake) thats y u got banned

lovesdisney44
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider

Post by lovesdisney44 » Jan Thu 12, 2006 9:37 am

eagle4life69 wrote:i knew you where ripping (even by mistake) thats y u got banned
Yea, but how dow you know what ripping and what's not? I guess I'm so nieave at these things. :?

eagle4life69

Post by eagle4life69 » Jan Thu 12, 2006 1:57 pm

i can't tell if you are just listening to the stream or ripping the music what I see is the player. If the player has the ability to rip it can get you banned. I know by law we are required to try to prevent people from trying to steal the music. as of right now if you ripped the stream you'll get 1 big file which you would have to manually edit. Sorry for sounding harsh in my last post but I was thinking my autobanner was failing some where and I needed to recode it, I guess I was extremely happy to here it was correct and it was working just fine.

lovesdisney44
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider

Post by lovesdisney44 » Jan Thu 12, 2006 2:38 pm

eagle4life69 wrote:Sorry for sounding harsh in my last post but I was thinking my autobanner was failing some where and I needed to recode it, I guess I was extremely happy to here it was correct and it was working just fine.
I didn't take it as sounding harsh . . . no worries! :D I appreciate all your help.

Cheshire Cat
Mark Twain Steamboat Captain

Post by Cheshire Cat » Jan Thu 12, 2006 3:09 pm

Eagle, I set the buffer thing like you said, but it did it again today. When it came back it kept repeating the same 5 seconds I already heard and then doing it again. Finally its said "Timed Out" What does this mean now!? :shock: :? :( :!: :?:

eagle4life69

Post by eagle4life69 » Jan Thu 12, 2006 3:58 pm

if you are connecting to the 96k stream change to the 64k stream if 64k to 24k it may be your internet connection. try that it should fix it.

Cheshire Cat

Post by Cheshire Cat » Jan Thu 12, 2006 4:03 pm

Yeah, it worked, thanks again. I got scared I wasn't gonna be able to listen today or something. Whew!

ritchie56
Sleeping Beauty Castle Guard

Post by ritchie56 » Jan Fri 13, 2006 9:05 am

Eagle,

Have I been banned too? I was using WinAmp version 2.something because we aren't supposed to download new programs from the internet here at work. I was working on the theory "if it ain't broke, don't fix it." But this morning, I could only listen for five seconds, then be bumped out. I read this thread, flaunted company rules and downloaded the latest WinAmp. But I still can only listen for five seconds at a time. Can you take me off the "bad" list if I am on it? I have never ripped anything.

Thanks

eagle4life69

Post by eagle4life69 » Jan Fri 13, 2006 1:59 pm

yeah you got banned i'll reset it your fine now. Ripping software will make the stream think your usining WinampMPEG/2.8 so I have set it to ban the older versions but your fine now if you got the newer version

ritchie56

Post by ritchie56 » Jan Fri 13, 2006 3:13 pm

Thanks! Working fine now!

G2-4T
Columbia Sailing Ship Admiral
Columbia Sailing Ship Admiral

Post by G2-4T » Jan Sun 15, 2006 5:10 pm

Same problem here, fails on all streams within 30 seconds - running on Winamp 5 but have had trouble since last week. I know that is on the "approved" list as is MusicMatch Jukebox [that sometimes works]. I don't think I even know any software capable of ripping streams and doubt I have any loaded on the computer let alone operating...
Please Stand Clear of the Doors
Por favor mantenganse alejado de las puertas

[url=http://peopleforthepeoplemover.org][img]http://www.tc.umn.edu/~rrclubum/peoplemover.gif[/img][/url]

See it today! [url=http://backsideofwater.blogspot.com/]The Backside of Water[/url]

Dr. Ravenscroft
Tom Sawyer Island Rafts Skipper
Tom Sawyer Island Rafts Skipper

Post by Dr. Ravenscroft » Jan Sun 15, 2006 6:52 pm

Eagle,
I got a couple of timed out errors for real player around 6:15pm and then I turned off the computer and had dinner and now I seem to be fine. I don't know if it was just a hik-up in the internet connection again. I haven't had any problems since I had it fixed, until now. If I have the problem again I'll let you know.

By the way I like the new Avatar.

eagle4life69

Post by eagle4life69 » Jan Sun 15, 2006 8:39 pm

Dr. Ravenscroft wrote:Eagle,
I got a couple of timed out errors for real player around 6:15pm and then I turned off the computer and had dinner and now I seem to be fine. I don't know if it was just a hik-up in the internet connection again. I haven't had any problems since I had it fixed, until now. If I have the problem again I'll let you know.

By the way I like the new Avatar.
must have been a hick-up

I love my avatar too. <--- I say Things to come