Stream Problems

Report Site and Station bugs here.

Moderator: Moderators

Cheshire Cat
Mark Twain Steamboat Captain

Post by Cheshire Cat » Jan Wed 11, 2006 3:12 pm

Mine still pauses occasionally and when it does the winamp player says something about "buffer" and goes from 0-100% sometimes it can take a minute and sometimes a few seconds before it comes back. Do you know what this means?

lovesdisney44
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider

Post by lovesdisney44 » Jan Wed 11, 2006 3:19 pm

eagle4life69 wrote:lovesdisney44 I know your problem

24.15.92.94 Subsonic 64 Stream Xaudio/1.0 Mon Jan 09, 2006 10:27 am

you where banned for using a know ripping software. it has been cleared but please only use an approved software for listening.
Eagle - YOU'RE A LIFESAVER!!! Can you tell me what the known ripping software was so I can make sure to get it off my computer if my kid put it on there. (except he was at school at 10:27 am on Monday the 9th - maybe I pressed something wrong? ) I use Musicmatch Jukebox 10 and I know it's approved. Thanks for all you help! It works fine now - YEA! :mrgreen:

subsonic
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by subsonic » Jan Wed 11, 2006 3:27 pm

I think the auto banner could be more a problem than a solution.
Join our chat in Discord: https://discord.gg/zw5by3z

eagle4life69
Rocket Jets Flight Director

Post by eagle4life69 » Jan Wed 11, 2006 3:31 pm

no i see that in 3 days over 100 people have been using know ripping software. we will go over the list to see of I have some that aren't ripping software.

eagle4life69

Post by eagle4life69 » Jan Wed 11, 2006 3:34 pm

Cheshire Cat wrote:Mine still pauses occasionally and when it does the winamp player says something about "buffer" and goes from 0-100% sometimes it can take a minute and sometimes a few seconds before it comes back. Do you know what this means?

this is a connection thing to the stream you are connecting to. I would suggest seting your buffer higher (if you know how) it will alow for more of the stream to buffer so drop outs or pauses are less visable

Cheshire Cat

Post by Cheshire Cat » Jan Wed 11, 2006 3:36 pm

I would suggest seting your buffer higher (if you know how)
Uh...How do I set my buffer higher? :oops:

eagle4life69

Post by eagle4life69 » Jan Wed 11, 2006 3:40 pm

your using winamp 5.11 go into your options menu and select network and you can change your buffer there (I use about 1 min). I hope thats right

lovesdisney44
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider

Post by lovesdisney44 » Jan Wed 11, 2006 3:50 pm

eagle4life69 wrote:no i see that in 3 days over 100 people have been using know ripping software. we will go over the list to see of I have some that aren't ripping software.
Do you think that by using one of the ripped software, it could also cause problems with using windows media player to view videos dowloaded from the internet?

Cheshire Cat

Post by Cheshire Cat » Jan Wed 11, 2006 4:20 pm

your using winamp 5.11 go into your options menu and select network and you can change your buffer there (I use about 1 min). I hope thats right
Thanks, I am completely helpless on my own when it comes to program settings

eagle4life69

Post by eagle4life69 » Jan Wed 11, 2006 6:08 pm

lovesdisney44 wrote:
eagle4life69 wrote:no i see that in 3 days over 100 people have been using know ripping software. we will go over the list to see of I have some that aren't ripping software.
Do you think that by using one of the ripped software, it could also cause problems with using windows media player to view videos dowloaded from the internet?
No here on this site I have special software that check to see if someone is listening to the stream using a known ripping software. not sure why yours was saying your a ripper but the software it saw you use was a know software.

lovesdisney44
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider

Post by lovesdisney44 » Jan Wed 11, 2006 6:24 pm

eagle4life69 wrote:
lovesdisney44 wrote:
No here on this site I have special software that check to see if someone is listening to the stream using a known ripping software. not sure why yours was saying your a ripper but the software it saw you use was a know software.
Eagle - check your earlier response to me . . . you said my problem was that I was banned for using a known ripping software. It has been cleared, but plese only use an approved software for listening. That's what I was referring to . . . don't want to mess up my music again!

eagle4life69

Post by eagle4life69 » Jan Wed 11, 2006 9:15 pm

i know i'm not sure why it would have poped up with that. I have to double check some software and make sure it is displaying the right info. don't worry about it. I'm going to be clearing the banned people nightly so if the stream stops working PM me I'll check your name and see whats up but for sure everyone will be cleared out nightly

Dr. Ravenscroft
Tom Sawyer Island Rafts Skipper

Post by Dr. Ravenscroft » Jan Wed 11, 2006 9:23 pm

It just cut me off for the first time today. I was not stream ripping but I was downloading a video from a website at the same time would that make a difference. I guess that downloading a new version of real would be nice too.

eagle4life69

Post by eagle4life69 » Jan Wed 11, 2006 9:26 pm

what program are u using?

Dr. Ravenscroft

Post by Dr. Ravenscroft » Jan Wed 11, 2006 9:31 pm

Well real player for listening but I was just downloading using Internet Explorer. I highly doubt that these had anything to do with it. It could just have been a hikup (not sure how to spell it) in my DSL connection. I have been having problems with it recently. A car slammed into a utility pole the other day and my service hasn't been right since.