Background Station playing non-background tracks

Report Site and Station bugs here.

Moderator: Moderators

automation85
Main Street Horse Car Coachman

Background Station playing non-background tracks

Post by automation85 » May Tue 03, 2016 8:44 am

I've noticed that recently the background station has been playing non-background tracks: Parade soundtracks, monorail spiels, etc.

It also feels like the diversity of the tracks is greatly reduced (I swear I've heard the same few tracks every time I listen...as much as I enjoyed "Boo to You" the first few times... :roll: ). Has the station changed or am I just being lucky and getting these same tracks?
"There's a great big beautiful tomorrow, just a dream a away."

cy1229
Country Bear Jamboree Greeter
Country Bear Jamboree Greeter

Re: Background Station playing non-background tracks

Post by cy1229 » May Wed 04, 2016 9:05 am

automation85 wrote:I've noticed that recently the background station has been playing non-background tracks: Parade soundtracks, monorail spiels, etc.

It also feels like the diversity of the tracks is greatly reduced (I swear I've heard the same few tracks every time I listen...as much as I enjoyed "Boo to You" the first few times... :roll: ). Has the station changed or am I just being lucky and getting these same tracks?
Much of what has been designated as Background-channel-worthy was done so by volunteer staff recall. The actual lists got lost in the server move. Thus, if you find tracks that are in Background (containing vocals or spoken word) and shouldn't be, and conversely if there are some that are missing, let one of the admins know in a PM right away. Or, you can pop over to the Chat on subsonic.slack.com (go to the chat, ask for an invite, and then when that comes navigate to Slack) and you can let someone know right away and probably get pretty immediate results.
Polynesian 1980
All-Star Movies 2001
Pop Century 2008
Saratoga Springs 2010
Bay Lake Tower 2012
Hyatt Place Anaheim Resort/Convention Center 2015
Marriott Anaheim Suites 2016

automation85

Post by automation85 » May Wed 04, 2016 10:09 am

Thanks. I will do that the next time I hear a track which is miscategorized.
"There's a great big beautiful tomorrow, just a dream a away."

daluke
Autopian Mechanic
Autopian Mechanic

Post by daluke » May Fri 06, 2016 9:01 am

Updates:
(1) There is a new thread that is acting as the place to put track names that are missing from the BGM channel: viewtopic.php?f=2&t=10201

(2) Looks like this morning the code was updated so that the bots are pulling from the proper track list for each channel.