Question about uploading with FileZilla/timeouts

Talk about tracks you have uploaded to the server

Moderator: Moderators

DisBeamer
PeopleMover People Mover
PeopleMover People Mover

Question about uploading with FileZilla/timeouts

Post by DisBeamer » Oct Thu 04, 2007 2:52 pm

I'm attempting to upload some tracks from Tokyo Disneyland and DisneySea to the FTP after a few requests to do so. Got FileZilla installed and running okay, and connected okay ... sort of.

I made a directory 'TokyoDisneyResort' with a couple of subfolders and tried uploading a few tracks (Pirates of the Caribbean, Western River Railroad, BraviSEAmo). The tracks all -seem- to have transferred completely as I can see them on the FTP and the final file sizes they're showing look correct. However, during all of the transfers so far, FileZilla keeps logging me out of the server do to 'No-Transfer-Time Exceeded' errors and I have to reconnect again and again. The file transfer bar in the bottom pane of the main window keeps going when I'm logged out like that, but when the transfer finishes they all give the error 'file not uploaded - critical transfer error'. FileZilla is not my usual program so I dunno if this is just one of its quirks or what's going on here.

So, before I continue uploading stuff, I'm wondering if someone can check to see if the files are actually reaching the ftp uncorrupted? It's taking an average of 5 minutes per file, and with only one connection at a time allowed it's gonna take me a while to send everything I have to send. I'd rather make sure they're working and FileZilla is just being weird with the errors before I continue. ;)

Edit: I should add that I did the bit about setting the Firewall to passive mode, and it does seem to connect fine, just disconnects a lot.

js3901
Matterhorn Bobsleds Climber
Matterhorn Bobsleds Climber

Post by js3901 » Oct Thu 04, 2007 10:25 pm

I can see the files in there myself, but can't get in right now to download/test them. sorry.
"And please do not sit on the floor. My studies show you can't experience time travel on the floor. and it's not a pretty picture in those shorts" - The Timekeeper

Site Admin, WDW Freak

rdeacon
Santa Fe & Disneyland Railroad Engineer
Santa Fe & Disneyland Railroad Engineer

Post by rdeacon » Oct Fri 05, 2007 8:27 am

Disbeamer,

I checked the tracks and they are on the server. You have uploaded 3 tracks so far. I listened to BraviSEAmo.

I believe sub's ftp server only allows one file transfer at a time. Thus if you are trying to do a bunch of files at one time it may throw up some errors.

Rich
"It's kind of fun to do the impossible.."
Walt Disney

[img]http://www.rdeacon.com/img/banners/bar/SR_admin_adv.jpg[/img]
[img]http://rdeacon.com/img/banners/bar/SR_monkey_adv.jpg[/img]

DisBeamer
PeopleMover People Mover
PeopleMover People Mover

Post by DisBeamer » Oct Fri 05, 2007 7:13 pm

rdeacon wrote:Disbeamer,

I checked the tracks and they are on the server. You have uploaded 3 tracks so far. I listened to BraviSEAmo.

I believe sub's ftp server only allows one file transfer at a time. Thus if you are trying to do a bunch of files at one time it may throw up some errors.

Rich
Yus, I stopped after three to make sure they were transferring properly. It wouldn't let me upload more than one at a time at all, so I stopped trying to do that after the first error. ^_^

The errors I was worried about were the timeouts, but if BraviSEAmo wasn't corrupted (which I figure you woulda noticed listening to it) then it must just be FileZilla being weird. I'll keep uploading then; I have a lot more DisneySea stuff to share. Thanks for checking!