if this is you...

Talk about tracks you have uploaded to the server

Moderator: Moderators

js3901
Matterhorn Bobsleds Climber

if this is you...

Post by js3901 » Apr Sun 30, 2006 11:08 pm

lately, a few people have attempted to upload tracks to the FTP. I see that a folder has been created by you, but there's been nothing in these folders. if you could please try uploading whatever you're trying to again, it'd be appreciated. Today, out of the 4 folders, only 2 have had anything. these 2 folders had nothing:
mm_casetest4291
xyiznwsk
both folders were created today (4/30/06) at 15:05 (3:05pm)

any other folders I come across will be posted here. If you see yours listed, it means nothing was there, and you should try re-uploading. Thanks. :D
"And please do not sit on the floor. My studies show you can't experience time travel on the floor. and it's not a pretty picture in those shorts" - The Timekeeper

Site Admin, WDW Freak

Loïc Potter
Fire Engine Driver
Fire Engine Driver

Post by Loïc Potter » May Mon 01, 2006 11:48 am

If this is me...
have you receipt my folders for Disneyland Paris Wishes ?
[img]http://churbain.free.fr/loic/nm.jpg[/img]

js3901

Post by js3901 » May Mon 01, 2006 12:39 pm

yes, that folder I did get, and I've checked the tracks out. they have now been given to Sub for addition to the playlist. thanks.
"And please do not sit on the floor. My studies show you can't experience time travel on the floor. and it's not a pretty picture in those shorts" - The Timekeeper

Site Admin, WDW Freak

js3901

Post by js3901 » May Fri 19, 2006 11:12 pm

ok, these same folders are in the FTP uploaded at 8:08AM. both are empty. could whomever is uploading these please add something into them or just stop trying and contact me. I've deleted these folders on numerous occassions, and they keep popping up.

Site Admin, WDW Freak

eagle4life69
Rocket Jets Flight Director

Post by eagle4life69 » May Fri 19, 2006 11:16 pm

you go my uploads right

js3901

Post by js3901 » May Fri 19, 2006 11:30 pm

yep. got them.

Site Admin, WDW Freak

wwwdrich
Horseless Carriage Chauffeur
Horseless Carriage Chauffeur

Post by wwwdrich » Jul Tue 25, 2006 8:44 pm

If they are numeric folders they're probably from the script kiddies looking for sites to post "warez". I get those all the time on my servers that allow anonymous ftp puts.

I think their tool creates a directory then attempts to ls it. If that fails they move on to another server.

eagle4life69

Post by eagle4life69 » Jul Wed 26, 2006 12:48 pm

wwwdrich wrote:If they are numeric folders they're probably from the script kiddies looking for sites to post "warez". I get those all the time on my servers that allow anonymous ftp puts.

I think their tool creates a directory then attempts to ls it. If that fails they move on to another server.
Though you do need a passwords and a username to FTP stuff

Jacca5660
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Jacca5660 » Jul Sat 29, 2006 9:16 pm

What are the parameters for up loading?
"Our dreams can come true - if we have the courage to pursue them" WED

"There's a fine prow on that steamer, let's climb aboard her!" Fireside

"You're off the map mateys..Here there be SeaMonsters!!"

The original "LICENSE MAYHEM MARAUDER!!ImageImage

js3901

Post by js3901 » Jul Sat 29, 2006 9:34 pm

Jacca5660 wrote:What are the parameters for up loading?
what do you mean by parameters? do you mean what username/password you need, what qualifies something for upload, what's needed to upload...?

Site Admin, WDW Freak

Jacca5660
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Jacca5660 » Jul Sat 29, 2006 9:42 pm

what qualifies something for upload
Well I guess what I'm asking is what does Subsonic need? What song and or area music. I know that the site needs everything to be legal and of copywrite. I have some things that I ahve recorded when I've been in the parks. Its nothing I ever intened to leave my patio. I would be willing to upload them to you.
"Our dreams can come true - if we have the courage to pursue them" WED

"There's a fine prow on that steamer, let's climb aboard her!" Fireside

"You're off the map mateys..Here there be SeaMonsters!!"

The original "LICENSE MAYHEM MARAUDER!!ImageImage

js3901

Post by js3901 » Jul Sat 29, 2006 10:29 pm

we're looking for any/everything. even if we already have it, if you have a copy that's of better quality, than upload it. if you have something that is not yet in the playlist, upload it. we may already have it awaiting addition, but your's could be better then the ones we have waiting.

basically, if you want to upload, do it. Sub'll judge whether or not it's worthy to go into the playlist...

Site Admin, WDW Freak

subsonic
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by subsonic » Jul Mon 31, 2006 12:48 am

Jacca, If the quality if audio you recorded sounds good and we don't already have it, it'll probably get added. Doesn't really hurt to upload, just takes a little bit of time.

There's been a few things I've been looking for. But another thing that would be cool is live STEREO recordings. A good stereo recording from a live source can really make you feel like you're there. I think there's 1 our 2 of those in my list, I can't remember which they are. Those are fun to listen to.
Join our chat in Discord: https://discord.gg/zw5by3z

js3901

Post by js3901 » Jul Mon 31, 2006 7:46 am

subsonic wrote:There's been a few things I've been looking for. But another thing that would be cool is live STEREO recordings. A good stereo recording from a live source can really make you feel like you're there. I think there's 1 our 2 of those in my list, I can't remember which they are. Those are fun to listen to.
speaking of which, I'm planning on getting some of the stereo recordings of things we need from WDW when I go down in December. I'll make a thread asking for anything we would like (mission: space is already on the list).

Site Admin, WDW Freak

Clusty
Mad Tea Party Host
Mad Tea Party Host

Post by Clusty » Jul Sun 26, 2009 12:16 am

What are stereo recordings?