I Just Uploaded ...

Talk about tracks you have uploaded to the server

Moderator: Moderators

rudekick
Fantasyland Theater Projectionist
Fantasyland Theater Projectionist

Post by rudekick » May Mon 08, 2006 6:25 pm

horizons1 wrote:Cool. It's already up as 19 tracks, but not as the whole show. Subs, do you know why it's broken up online?
I thought there used to be a whole version - is it still there or was it broken up for being too long? (The latter seems unlikely because there are much longer tracks...)

js3901
Matterhorn Bobsleds Climber

Post by js3901 » May Mon 08, 2006 6:31 pm

horizons1 wrote:Cool. It's already up as 19 tracks, but not as the whole show. Subs, do you know why it's broken up online?
it's probably because the tracks come from the Fantasmic CD, which has 19 different tracks, but not the full version as 1 track.

The upload worked, I got the track and gave it to Sub for addition.
"And please do not sit on the floor. My studies show you can't experience time travel on the floor. and it's not a pretty picture in those shorts" - The Timekeeper

Site Admin, WDW Freak

subsonic
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by subsonic » May Wed 10, 2006 11:45 am

Personally, I think, overall, tracks should be cut up. Some people like to hear only certain parts, and if someone wants to hear the whole thing, they can request all the tracks in order. It'll cost the same points as hearing the same thing.

With that said, the full WDW fantasmic will probably not be put in. As for other long tracks on the site, those are there because we don't have cut up versions and I haven't taken the time to cut them up.
Join our chat in Discord: https://discord.gg/zw5by3z

Cheshire Cat
Mark Twain Steamboat Captain

Post by Cheshire Cat » May Wed 10, 2006 2:37 pm

Every now and then I like hearing an entire attraction whether I'm the one requesting it or not...so if you do cut them up, could you leave a full attraction, 'cause sometimes if you try requesting a whole attraction (like WDW Fantasmic) another person may request something in between

Captain Schnemo
Columbia Sailing Ship Admiral
Columbia Sailing Ship Admiral

Post by Captain Schnemo » May Tue 23, 2006 6:34 am

Is there a way to track the status of an upload, to see if it's been listened to, rejected, whatever?

Also, any ideas on how to convert audio tape to mp3? I have the version of the EWP I've mentioned before, but no way to upload it.

js3901

Post by js3901 » May Tue 23, 2006 8:35 am

I personally get all uploads, so you can ask me. I check them against what we already have for quality. I keep the better of the 2. most things don;t get rejected. only time I reject an upload is either if we already have it ready to upload, or you uploaded something like a 64k version and we have a 192k version already.
"And please do not sit on the floor. My studies show you can't experience time travel on the floor. and it's not a pretty picture in those shorts" - The Timekeeper

Site Admin, WDW Freak

subsonic
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by subsonic » May Tue 23, 2006 2:31 pm

I have been trying to keep better track of who uploaded and who wants something and will let people know when tracks go in. As to when tracks go in, that's different. It depends on my mood and what I'm working on.

As far as converting a tape to mp3. You need a tape deck and output that to your input of your soundcard on the machine. A free program like Audacity can record and output as mp3.

Cheshire Cat

Post by Cheshire Cat » May Wed 24, 2006 4:59 pm

I found a cd of WDW music from '96 while cleaning out my room...I uploaded Music form the Tom Sawyer Island Raft Landing (I think you had everything else) :)

js3901

Post by js3901 » May Wed 24, 2006 6:59 pm

how did you upload it (what format)? I see the file, but it's not an mp3, wav, or wma format. Could you try uploading it again?

Site Admin, WDW Freak

Cheshire Cat

Post by Cheshire Cat » May Thu 25, 2006 1:53 pm

Uh, I don't know what happened...it's not a music file anymore on my computer either...it WAS though - I swear :shock:
I'll try ripping it from the cd again and uploading it...tell me if you get it or not

UPDATE:

ok, it should be a .wav file named TSI Raft Landing

js3901

Post by js3901 » May Thu 25, 2006 6:25 pm

nope, again not showing as a music file. try this, rip the track in a /mp3 format, upload it to some fileshare site (like rapidshare.de or yousendit.com). send me the link in an email or PM. that may help. seems the way you're uplaoding is changing the file type as it uploads.

outside of that, I'd say mail the CD to me and I'll rip it/send it back to you, if you'd be willing to do that..

Site Admin, WDW Freak

subsonic
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by subsonic » May Thu 25, 2006 7:09 pm

Cheshire, Try CDEX for ripping CD's and converting WAV <-> MP3

js3901

Post by js3901 » May Thu 25, 2006 10:16 pm

I like Windows Media Player for ripping straight to mp3. puts it into it's own folder fully labeled and all (assuming it can read the track info from the disc), though I know alot of people either don't like/have WMP or are using some OS that doesn;t support WMP...

Site Admin, WDW Freak

eagle4life69
Rocket Jets Flight Director
Rocket Jets Flight Director

Post by eagle4life69 » Jun Fri 02, 2006 2:48 am

Okay I just uploaded
  • Disneylands - Haunted Mansion Complete Ride Thru (Recorded 05-06).mp3
    Epcots - Soran Complete Ride Through (Recorded 05-06).mp3

subsonic
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by subsonic » Jun Fri 02, 2006 3:22 pm