Mackinac Island Trip Report 9/9-9/13

Stuff that's not Disney/Site related

Moderator: Moderators

mindflipper
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Re: Mackinac Island Trip Report 9/9-9/13

Post by mindflipper » Sep Sat 21, 2013 10:12 pm

Are you sure it needs to be AVI? It's not a compressed file format like WMV or MP4. Check YouTube to see what file formats they accept.

boilerbabe
Pack Mules Wrangler
Pack Mules Wrangler

Post by boilerbabe » Sep Sun 22, 2013 11:51 am

Bdude is saying the file it too big?!

cy1229
Country Bear Jamboree Greeter

Post by cy1229 » Sep Mon 23, 2013 9:40 am

LOVE LOVE LOVE this TR!!! That does it, we're going sometime. I don't know when, have to get all this stepkid drama straightened out, but I am DETERMINED to go back to the Island and soon!!!

Have you thought about uploading your video to something like Google drive, and then posting a link to just that file here? You could make the file sharing settings for anyone who has the link.

Another thought is to perhaps see if it can be temporarily hosted on the Subsonic server, for maybe a month or something, so everyone can take a look at it, then have it taken down to save server space.
Polynesian 1980
All-Star Movies 2001
Pop Century 2008
Saratoga Springs 2010
Bay Lake Tower 2012
Hyatt Place Anaheim Resort/Convention Center 2015
Marriott Anaheim Suites 2016

boilerbabe
Pack Mules Wrangler
Pack Mules Wrangler

Post by boilerbabe » Sep Mon 23, 2013 1:12 pm

Thank you cy! :D I didn't know about Google, will ask Bdude and I how would I put it here on Sub? Ask one of the mods?

Thanks for the suggestions!!! I do hope you and your family can get back to MI soon!

cy1229

Post by cy1229 » Sep Mon 23, 2013 2:36 pm

boilerbabe wrote:Thank you cy! :D I didn't know about Google, will ask Bdude and I how would I put it here on Sub? Ask one of the mods?

Thanks for the suggestions!!! I do hope you and your family can get back to MI soon!
I wouldn't have known about Google drive if Ellie hadn't been using Google Docs for a class project and showed it to me. Talk about handy! It's a great way to collaborate and share files, too, without having to expose your entire computer or network to outsiders.

I'm guessing that yes, you'll have to ask a moderator about hosting. That is a long-shot last resort. My gut tells me it can't be done, not because they wouldn't want to, but because a precedent can't be set. But ya never know if ya don't ask. :D
Polynesian 1980
All-Star Movies 2001
Pop Century 2008
Saratoga Springs 2010
Bay Lake Tower 2012
Hyatt Place Anaheim Resort/Convention Center 2015
Marriott Anaheim Suites 2016

boilerbabe
Pack Mules Wrangler
Pack Mules Wrangler

Post by boilerbabe » Sep Mon 23, 2013 4:06 pm

Thanks cy, will look into Google!!! :D

MmeLeota
Pack Mules Wrangler
Pack Mules Wrangler

Post by MmeLeota » Jan Thu 16, 2014 3:14 pm

I'm way behind on stuff and just got to reading your report of a wonderful adventure. I LOVE your pictures!!! Especially the butterflies. Was that your first time in a western saddle? I am not a trained rider, but I used to casually ride every summer. I think I would have a hard time in an English saddle though. I'm glad that your mom was up for the trip, even though it was a bit rough for her. Isn't the DSLR awesome? We have a Nikon, but still love to play with the settings. :D

boilerbabe
Pack Mules Wrangler
Pack Mules Wrangler

Post by boilerbabe » Jan Sat 18, 2014 10:07 pm

MmeLeota wrote:I'm way behind on stuff and just got to reading your report of a wonderful adventure. I LOVE your pictures!!! Especially the butterflies. Was that your first time in a western saddle? I am not a trained rider, but I used to casually ride every summer. I think I would have a hard time in an English saddle though. I'm glad that your mom was up for the trip, even though it was a bit rough for her. Isn't the DSLR awesome? We have a Nikon, but still love to play with the settings. :D
Thanks, I am glad you enjoyed my TR! Bdude and I just had some Mackinac coffee this a.m. :lol: We truly enjoyed the butterfly pavilion! I could've spent another hour in there! I have rode western before, but I hate it. I was a jumper, I am much more comfortable in english. The ride was still really enjoyable and priceless seeing my hubby on a horse for the first time!!! We were all happy my mom was able to make the trip, it was a big stepping stone for her. She proved alot to herself, she can still do many things she loves. We were so proud of her when she made it all the way around the island on her bike. Especially with what she had just gone through. It truly was a miracle. :D God is good!

I so LOVE my DSLR! It is another world! I just need the underwater housing now! :wink: Nikon/Canon, I've been told it's like Ford vs Chevy. Both excellent cameras!

Thanks for reading my TR!